• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huh. Quiet in here today

*runs round singing and dancing*

Gotta liven the place up

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
    It's SNOWING again. *sigh* (I will not be a negative nelly!)

So, watching Paradise Lost. Yummy stranded Jack. (I know, not a PTB, but still )
    *covers Jumble's ears*
    Ooh yummy indeed Perfect way to cheer yourself up
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*waves*

Well...that was an interesting end of the weekend for me.

Was skyping with mom and dad yesterday and in the middle of the convo I got nauseous and had to throw up...and this was for the 5th day in a row so my parents ordered me immediately to call my friend and go back to the hospital. So I listened to them(while they were looking at me calling my friend) and a little while later I went to the hospital.
      I expected to just go and get some antibiotics, but they immediately decided that I had to get a CT-scan. Had to drink some icky fluids and then wait till they started working.
      Had the scan an hour later, waited again and then got to hear that I apparently had an abcess.
      Waiting again to hear what would happen...then my new surgeon came in and told me that I had a huge abcess and had to get operated again...he was surprised that I almost didn't had any pain since the thing was already pushing on my liver!

Went into surgery 30 min later....after that on the ICU till just a moment ago...will probably have to stay in the hospital till the end of the week and have now two drains to get the other icky stuff out of my body.

Oh...and this was the final straw...mom and dad are coming on Wednesday.

so all in all I hit it pretty bad...*sigh*
      sigpic

Comment

Oh Jann, I'm so sorry You poor thing But I'm really glad your parents are coming over now. I think it sounds like you need them - you need to be looked after and hugged and not have to struggle through your recovery on your own. There's no shame in that at all, and I for one feel relieved to know that they're going to be there with you soon.

Take care of yourself, and sending you big hugs and lots of positive healing vibes
        sigpic

Comment

*hugs Jenn gently*

sigpic

Comment

Oh Jann, so sorry to hear that. But like Josi said, I'm so glad you're parents are coming over now, you deserve some TLC

*gently huggles*

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
              *waves*

Well...that was an interesting end of the weekend for me.

Was skyping with mom and dad yesterday and in the middle of the convo I got nauseous and had to throw up...and this was for the 5th day in a row so my parents ordered me immediately to call my friend and go back to the hospital. So I listened to them(while they were looking at me calling my friend) and a little while later I went to the hospital.
              I expected to just go and get some antibiotics, but they immediately decided that I had to get a CT-scan. Had to drink some icky fluids and then wait till they started working.
              Had the scan an hour later, waited again and then got to hear that I apparently had an abcess.
              Waiting again to hear what would happen...then my new surgeon came in and told me that I had a huge abcess and had to get operated again...he was surprised that I almost didn't had any pain since the thing was already pushing on my liver!

Went into surgery 30 min later....after that on the ICU till just a moment ago...will probably have to stay in the hospital till the end of the week and have now two drains to get the other icky stuff out of my body.

Oh...and this was the final straw...mom and dad are coming on Wednesday.

so all in all I hit it pretty bad...*sigh*
              *gently squishy huggles Jann* I'm sure Wednesday can't come fast enough for you or your parents. Just try to rest as much as possible and let your parents take care of you when they arrive. I wish it were Wednesday just so that they could be there with you already. *huggles*
              sigpic

Comment

*huggles Jann*
                I'm sorry you ended up back in hospital, I hope for the last time.
                I'm also really glad your parents are coming, you do need your family with you, and there's nothing wrong with that.

*squishy, careful huggles*
                sigpic
                Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

((((Jann))))
                  That sucks! I'm really glad that your parents are coming as well
                  Get well soon!

*hugs WooHoos*
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                  Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Hey Jann, sorry to hear you are feeling bad. Just relax, enjoy they southern hospitality and enjoy your parents who love you so much they want to be with you right now. Hope you heal quickly and completely.

And here is something to cheer you up:

This years Dragon*Con (September 2-5, 2011 in Atlanta, GA) is it's 25th Anniversary and they have just signed AMANDA TAPPING as a guest. So here is your chance to meet her! Hope you will still be in town at this time.
                    Last edited by llp; 21 February 2011, 12:53 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Whoa....it is Monday night in the UK and early evening on the East coast and no one is here but me and 2 guests. Is the world coming to and end and no one told me?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                        Whoa....it is Monday night in the UK and early evening on the East coast and no one is here but me and 2 guests. Is the world coming to and end and no one told me?
                        Ah, but entertaining the guests all by yourself is a great WooHoo honour!
                        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*waves to Laurie* I'm here, wiping my tears up from what you just said on the GABIT thread
                          *huggles*
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                            Ah, but entertaining the guests all by yourself is a great WooHoo honour!
                            Hmmmm! An honor or an obligation because no one else was here! glad to have some other Woohoos around!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                              *waves to Laurie* I'm here, wiping my tears up from what you just said on the GABIT thread
                              *huggles*
                              What she said. ^^

I'm still pretty speechless. Laurie, *huggles*
                              sigpic
                              Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                                *huggles*
                                Thank you....I am bad with actions, but much better with the written word.

Originally posted by M_Wendy_R
                                What she said. ^^ I'm still pretty speechless. Laurie, *huggles*
                                Always nice to be appreciated. I only wrote what I felt in my heart. I express myself better that way then in person.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X