The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    Nad! You beat me to it, I was going to ask if the quiet was due to my having killed off all the WooHoos

I got distracted by Michael McIntyre, he's just hilarious
    Me too I've seen the man drawer skit many times before but it's still funny every time

*waves to the Lady on the Park Bench*

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
    Mind if I dance and sing till I drop, and then just carry on on the floor? And is it okay if I drink until I need to pee, and then drink some more?

Absolutely fine
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

Aw I don't blame you and, in your position I would have done the same. For a while I was petrol station manager in a supermarket and I would never ever have asked two women to man it alone without back up from the store like that. I hope you won't get into trouble for making that decision. Bah I know you won't because health and safety comes first.
      *huggles*
      *hugs*

Well, I've been told I could be in trouble (though I think it's unlikely considering something the checkout manager told me), but I honestly don't care. Our safety is a lot more important than some verbal warning. I know it was probably wrong to just go against the store manager, but he really didn't give me much of an option.
      And I, too, view it as 'health and safety first', definitely. And it should be. And it wasn't just a case of me - the woman I was on with was the one who had been on when they had the armed robbery and the gun held to her head. The last thing she needs is that to happen again.

I may be quiet and shy. But if you push me, apparently I get assertive. And I'm okay with that.

I hope you've all had a wonderful Easter. I'm totally flagging now.
      sigpic
      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
        Me too I've seen the man drawer skit many times before but it's still funny every time
        It is I have a DVD of him at the Apollo, and no matter how many times I watch it, he still makes me giggle He's just one of those people who only has to look at you to make you laugh, and he's so good at picking on exactly the silly things people say and do and making them hilarious

*waves to the Lady on the Park Bench*

Absolutely fine
        Lovely to see her back isn't it?

Cags I couldn't put RDA in the story, for he is not a PTB

Glad everyone enjoyed my bit of silliness, it was fun!

Wendy, whatever makes you happy, you go ahead and do it

We'll just watch and giggle at you

Edit: I meant the dancing, singing and drinking bit. The other subject is far too serious to be giggled at.

Comment

*runs around nekkid*

Sorry if I have been quiet...sorta...but I'm not allowed to be on the computer when we're watching TV "together"

*hugs Wendy again* I would have been afraid as well

on the letter of the Lady of the parkbench! It is good to see her again
          sigpic

Comment

Wendy, whatever makes you happy, you go ahead and do it

We'll just watch and giggle at you

Edit: I meant the dancing, singing and drinking bit. The other subject is far too serious to be giggled at.
            *hugs*

And I will be doing the dancing, singing and drinking bit allllllll the long day.

Thanks, Jann *hugs* Very.
            sigpic
            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Oh Nad how I've missed the lady on the parkbench, so lovely to hear from her again!

Hope everyones enjoyed their easter, I got distracted by lots of chocolate and good Easter tv too . Think I'm going to turn in so Woodnight Woohoos

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                *hugs*

Well, I've been told I could be in trouble (though I think it's unlikely considering something the checkout manager told me), but I honestly don't care. Our safety is a lot more important than some verbal warning. I know it was probably wrong to just go against the store manager, but he really didn't give me much of an option.
                And I, too, view it as 'health and safety first', definitely. And it should be. And it wasn't just a case of me - the woman I was on with was the one who had been on when they had the armed robbery and the gun held to her head. The last thing she needs is that to happen again.

I may be quiet and shy. But if you push me, apparently I get assertive. And I'm okay with that.

I hope you've all had a wonderful Easter. I'm totally flagging now.
                Well if it came to it, don't take it lying down. You absolutely should NOT get a warning for that. Not sure which supermarket you work for... I was with Sainsbury's and I know it's the sort of thing they might like to try on but, you know they really have no grounds, sespecially under the circumstances that this other lady was involved in the incident before. For the health and mental wellbieng of the people present, you made a decision and anyone who discliplined you for that would be an arse of gigantic proportions.

Umm, sorry I know I get a bee in my bonnet about this kind of thing but, as a former retail manager, I was often presented with having to carry out disciplinary procedures and I used to hate having cases like that to hear because it was nearly always some idiot manager's fault for not actually taking into account the needs of his/her employees over the needs of the business. I may have been a rare manager to think like this but I always worked on the principle of have well motivated staff that felt safe and happy and able to approach me knowing I would be reasonable in any situation. Then again, perhaps this is why I am no longer a retail manager! Too many principles and too much desire to actually have a life.
                I know why your manager said serve from the shop - because people will browse and buy more = more profit (and I know the kiosk sales in a PFS are piddly poor profit margin at the best of times). But nobody should be putting profit before safety. I mean, what wood have happened had you opened the doors and someone burst in with a gun? or someone came in and cleaned the shelves off? Wood your manager have been discliplined for NOT telling you to serve via the hatch? That's what the flipping hatch is for, isn't it!
                Hmm, if it comes to is, ask them if they have conducted a risk assesment for solo petrol station working like this? If not, ask them if there is any company policy on it, or written procedures. If you do happen to work for Sainsburys, I know for a fact they can't fart without writing a procdedure manual on how to do it.

Anyway, that's me ranting away. Sorry it's just a bugbear of mine.
                sigpic

Comment

It is I have a DVD of him at the Apollo, and no matter how many times I watch it, he still makes me giggle He's just one of those people who only has to look at you to make you laugh, and he's so good at picking on exactly the silly things people say and do and making them hilarious
                  He was reading the bedtime story on Cbeebies the other week (we always watch that) and I was giggling my way through. Even though it wasn't funny, per se, he is still funny in everything he does.

Cags I couldn't put RDA in the story, for he is not a PTB
                  Some here might argue with you on that...

... but not me.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm going to bail early on the party, sorry. Got a bit of a headache and generally feeling a bit low

Thanks for all the S.H.I.P. birthday art and all the fun

So, when's the next party?
                    WoodNight WooHoos *hugs*

Comment

*huggles Jumble*

Hope your head is better tomorrow.

Next party is next weekend. The UK WoohooMeet with extra Skype/MWHS thread banter.

Hmm, we need artwork for that.

I am bailing too. This weekend has exhausted me and we're not done yet.

Woodnight Woohoos. *huggles*
                      sigpic

Comment

*hugs Jumble* Hope your headache goes away soon*sends Martin to her ...to tend to her needs*

Woodnight Cags
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                          Well if it came to it, don't take it lying down. You absolutely should NOT get a warning for that. Not sure which supermarket you work for... I was with Sainsbury's and I know it's the sort of thing they might like to try on but, you know they really have no grounds, sespecially under the circumstances that this other lady was involved in the incident before. For the health and mental wellbieng of the people present, you made a decision and anyone who discliplined you for that would be an arse of gigantic proportions.

Umm, sorry I know I get a bee in my bonnet about this kind of thing but, as a former retail manager, I was often presented with having to carry out disciplinary procedures and I used to hate having cases like that to hear because it was nearly always some idiot manager's fault for not actually taking into account the needs of his/her employees over the needs of the business. I may have been a rare manager to think like this but I always worked on the principle of have well motivated staff that felt safe and happy and able to approach me knowing I would be reasonable in any situation. Then again, perhaps this is why I am no longer a retail manager! Too many principles and too much desire to actually have a life.
                          I know why your manager said serve from the shop - because people will browse and buy more = more profit (and I know the kiosk sales in a PFS are piddly poor profit margin at the best of times). But nobody should be putting profit before safety. I mean, what wood have happened had you opened the doors and someone burst in with a gun? or someone came in and cleaned the shelves off? Wood your manager have been discliplined for NOT telling you to serve via the hatch? That's what the flipping hatch is for, isn't it!
                          Hmm, if it comes to is, ask them if they have conducted a risk assesment for solo petrol station working like this? If not, ask them if there is any company policy on it, or written procedures. If you do happen to work for Sainsburys, I know for a fact they can't fart without writing a procdedure manual on how to do it.

Anyway, that's me ranting away. Sorry it's just a bugbear of mine.
                          I shall PM you

I'm going to bail early on the party, sorry. Got a bit of a headache and generally feeling a bit low

Thanks for all the S.H.I.P. birthday art and all the fun

So, when's the next party?
                          WoodNight WooHoos *hugs*
                          Sleep well, Jumble
                          *hugs*
                          sigpic
                          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Jumble!!! How could you!!!!!!!

*sobs uncontrollably*

*wails* The SHIP birthday is supposed to be one of Peace and Love, but YOU. KILLED. PETER!

*runz back to the Art Thread in the hopes someone posted some nice artwork*
                            sigpic

Comment

Oma *dies laughing*

*huggles woohoos for awesomeness*

*hugs woohoos that need hugs*

About the shipmeet, I have skype... who do I contact to get to talk to you during the shipmeet?
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

*huggles cuddly penguin tissues and wanders off to bed*

Night Woohoos

*sniffs*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X