The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
    Yep. It's about 12:30 here, now. I got off a half an hour ago (early!). I'm a copy editor at the local paper. Presses run at midnight. I also update the web site, so I'm usually there till after midnight, but all the pages were down to press by 11:30, which meant an early night for me, too!
    Well, as long as you've got a job you like, I guess. I could never work nights, that's why I'm going to be a teacher! Not that I won't end up doing some grading at night I'm sure...
    sigpic
    Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
      Well, as long as you've got a job you like, I guess. I could never work nights, that's why I'm going to be a teacher! Not that I won't end up doing some grading at night I'm sure...
      Well, you do what you've gotta' do to pay the bills and feed the kids (and two doggies, too!). It works out well, since Hubby works days and I work nights, we don't have to pay for child care.
      sigpic

Comment

Well, you do what you've gotta' do to pay the bills and feed the kids (and two doggies, too!). It works out well, since Hubby works days and I work nights, we don't have to pay for child care.
        True...And it's good that you don't have to pay for child care...I'm not going to have to worry about anything but bills and food for myself and the animals, at least for awhile, lol.
        sigpic

Comment

Yep. It's about 12:30 here, now. I got off a half an hour ago (early!). I'm a copy editor at the local paper. Presses run at midnight. I also update the web site, so I'm usually there till after midnight, but all the pages were down to press by 11:30, which meant an early night for me, too!
          That's cool...IMHO! And an early evening is always fun!

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
          Yeah you'll work at night for grading...coz students otherwise will whine about that!

I still have no idea about what I want to be... Something in public affairs or so I don't care at what time I'll work in the future...as long as it isn't too early!
          sigpic

Comment

Well, I've been up longer than I meant to be! See you all in my morning!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
              That's cool...IMHO! And an early evening is always fun!

Yeah you'll work at night for grading...coz students otherwise will whine about that!

I still have no idea about what I want to be... Something in public affairs or so I don't care at what time I'll work in the future...as long as it isn't too early!
              Actually, no. Elementary aged kids don't tend to whine about getting grades back. I was the only kid in my class from 1st-7th grade that ever ASKED for my papers/homework/tests/etc. I'm not anticipating a lot of whining. Well, I anticipate whining about the grade they receive, but not about when they receive it.
              sigpic

Comment

*runz in* Wuhoo! I just got my Dutch name from Facebook!

Schyler Van Biesbrouck

Is it a good name? Isitisitisit??
                ...Schyler?! *blinks*
                Yeah, that does sound German
                Van Biesbrouck looks a bit Belgian, so that one's good.

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                COOPIE!!!! Cooking too...how awesome is that man...I'm yealous at Nad now I just have to do it with Shep and some other not mentionable people...
                Yeah, Marty, Carl and me never go hungry
                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

This is true. I'm at work. No nekkid running (except my avater...Run, Calvin, Run!).

This just in from JM's blog:

(((Coopie)))
                  I was about to post that, because it just seemed so relevant to yesterday's 'discussion'

It's people like you that put people like me out of work

Actually I'm joking, it's great for the kids that you and Dad can share the childcare like that. Good child care can be hard to find (you should see my waiting list ) and even 'bad' child care is often very expensive I hear so many stories that make me gnash my teeth in despair Stability and routine are sooooo important for little ones

*gets off soap box*

Edit: Wood Morning Nad *waves* So what did he make for your breakfast this morning?

Comment

Some of these quiz things on Facebook are interesting (I did say some ) I did the one about what spirit animal are you, and this is what I got.......

Spoiler:
                    You have an Eagle personality. These Birds of Prey are some of the wildest of nature's beings. Though they can be tamed they always retain some of their wild spirit. Most see the Eagle as a wandering spirit but it only seems that way to the untrained eye. In actuality you as an Eagle personality have issues being tied down in relationships and in places sometimes not because you want to be elsewhere just that you want the freedom to be elsewhere if you choose. You aren't the most trusting individual but you are the most well known. Eagle personalities are few and far between but they tend to stand out in a crowd as if they don't belong with them, mainly because they are fairly solitary: they might be the artist who sits in the corner and doesn't communicate, they might be the popular person who has lots of acquaintances but very few actual friends. Being an Eagle means you have an inner core of strength which you unfortunately have to use quite frequently since you are uncomfortable leaning on others and have difficulties sharing your personal and innermost thoughts. Eagles get along great with foxes and bears but should try to stay away from a wolf or Horse personality.

I'm blaming that on my rebellious Hippy spirit

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post

Edit: Wood Morning Nad *waves* So what did he make for your breakfast this morning?
                      Eggs.

...Ok, I made me eggs, but I was encouraged by The Coopie

Some of these quiz things on Facebook are interesting (I did say some ) I did the one about what spirit animal are you, and this is what I got.......

Spoiler:
                      You have an Eagle personality. These Birds of Prey are some of the wildest of nature's beings. Though they can be tamed they always retain some of their wild spirit. Most see the Eagle as a wandering spirit but it only seems that way to the untrained eye. In actuality you as an Eagle personality have issues being tied down in relationships and in places sometimes not because you want to be elsewhere just that you want the freedom to be elsewhere if you choose. You aren't the most trusting individual but you are the most well known. Eagle personalities are few and far between but they tend to stand out in a crowd as if they don't belong with them, mainly because they are fairly solitary: they might be the artist who sits in the corner and doesn't communicate, they might be the popular person who has lots of acquaintances but very few actual friends. Being an Eagle means you have an inner core of strength which you unfortunately have to use quite frequently since you are uncomfortable leaning on others and have difficulties sharing your personal and innermost thoughts. Eagles get along great with foxes and bears but should try to stay away from a wolf or Horse personality.

I'm blaming that on my rebellious Hippy spirit
                      Oh, that's cool!
                      I need to use facebook more often...

EDIT: Hey, I'm an Eagle too!
                      Last edited by DutchIndeed; 20 May 2009, 02:40 AM.
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                        Eggs.

...Ok, I made me eggs, but I was encouraged by The Coopie
                        I assume they were not just ordinary scrambled eggs, but were delicately flavoured with essence of hedgehog and garnished with asparagus tips tossed in two tablespoons of duck dripping? No? Have you learned nothing from the Master?

Oh, that's cool!
                        I need to use facebook more often...
                        I always forget about it until I get a message or a friend request

Another entry for the challenge

Couldn't resist that '21'

Comment

Hi eaglesWoohoos!
                          Very good signature Nad - cool idea!
                          Fantastic pics Jumble and Jann
                          I have come to show you my new look *points at avi*

Woohood!!!!

EDIT: Uhuhu- cool sig Jumble! Martin is the best inspiration for you I guess
                          sigpic
                          sig thanks to Luci

Comment

Originally posted by Achaja View Post
                            Hi eaglesWoohoos!

Woohood!!!!
                            Lovely avi

Martin is my only inspiration He does it sooooo well

Comment

You're an Eagle too Nad? Interesting...........

*wonders what Martin is*

Cuddly Polar Bear I think. Very cuddly, but with a voracious appetite........ oops

Comment

Originally posted by Achaja View Post
                                Hi eaglesWoohoos!

Woohood!!!!

Thanks

May I add that you look a lot like The Amanda?
                                ...Yes, that was a lame joke. Love the Avi

I assume they were not just ordinary scrambled eggs, but were delicately flavoured with essence of hedgehog and garnished with asparagus tips tossed in two tablespoons of duck dripping? No? Have you learned nothing from the Master?

...But it had ham, cheese and some herbs?

I always forget about it until I get a message or a friend request

Another entry for the challenge

Couldn't resist that '21'
                                Me too.

Loooove the sig!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X