Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    Wood love to, but I doubt it'll be possible
    You really don't want to go to Arizona in the summer (and the end of May is summer there)! Hotter then - well you got the idea!
    sigpic

Comment

Maybe I'm looking at the wrong info, but I read September in Vancouver

Edit: It says here...

The Invasion 2018 Announcement

We are now able to confirm our dates for next year as Friday 14th to Sunday 16th September.

We shall be returning to the Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel and the hotel will shortly be launching their Gatecon booking page offering Gategoers a discounted room rate as usual. Please note that these blocked rooms will be limited in number so please be sure to book early. We will let you know when they are ready to accept bookings.
      Last edited by Jumble; 09 May 2017, 12:22 AM.

Comment

He was at the last GateCon in Vancouver

A so great guy... but I had suspected this since a long time. ^^
        Last edited by Bra'zat; 09 May 2017, 07:43 AM.
        Props Memorabilia, the first Stargate Props' Museum of Europe!
        On FACEBOOK too.

Why buy props if its only for our eyes, and for that they stay on a wardrobe or take dust?
        May as well give them a second live, to use them on fan-films and exhibit them for our's and fan's pleasure!

THAT'S OUR AIM !

Comment

He really is! I met him in Vancouver in 2010 and he couldn't have been nicer

Comment

Wood love to, but I doubt it'll be possible He really is! I met him in Vancouver in 2010 and he couldn't have been nicer
            2010 - it was that long ago! Time seems to move quickly when you are older! And you are right - I looked at the signature picture and it was about an event in Arizona at the end of May. Too bad you can't make it to Vancouver for one last trip here. But I doubt I'll be going either. Just really don't have it in me to do this much anymore!
            sigpic

Comment

Seems like yesterday doesn't it? I'd really love to visit Vancouver again but unless I win the lottery I don't see it happening

I'm off out for dinner with the boys tonight - we're trying out other places to eat now that Anderson's is off the menu. I doubt The Harvester's food will live up to what we're used to but the company will be good

Comment

Seems like yesterday doesn't it? I'd really love to visit Vancouver again but unless I win the lottery I don't see it happening

I'm off out for dinner with the boys tonight - we're trying out other places to eat now that Anderson's is off the menu. I doubt The Harvester's food will live up to what we're used to but the company will be good
                The few meals I had at Anderson's were among some of the best dining I have had - and I have been to some really nice restaurants over the years. Sorry he couldn't make a go of it there. I bet if there were more people living around there it would have been more successful.

It would be so much fun if we could all get together once more....but apparently when I turned 70 my body decided it has had enough and it seems to be less cooperative then it use to be! Without going into details - I wish I would be in my 60's again. I functioned a lot better those years, in fact all years but this last one or two.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                  The few meals I had at Anderson's were among some of the best dining I have had - and I have been to some really nice restaurants over the years. Sorry he couldn't make a go of it there. I bet if there were more people living around there it would have been more successful.
                  It wasn't lack of success that closed the restaurant, it was in fact very successful - number one restaurant on Trip Adviser for several years! Stuart had achieved his ambition to run his own restaurant, so when the lease ran out he and Aly decided to let it go so that he could pursue other interests and Aly could retire. Stuart is buying, repairing and selling motorbikes as well as working in the aquatic section of the local garden centre and Aly is getting some much needed 'me' time having worked long hours at the restaurant way past retirement age

It would be so much fun if we could all get together once more....but apparently when I turned 70 my body decided it has had enough and it seems to be less cooperative than it use to be! Without going into details - I wish I would be in my 60's again. I functioned a lot better those years, in fact all years but this last one or two.
                  It wood, but unfortunately for me money is going to get very short over the next few years so I'll have to content myself with meeting up with UK WooHoos as much as possible. Still a lot of fun, but missing out our overseas friends

Comment

*crawls in, tired and a bit hungover*

Hey woohoos I'm in another really crazy-stressful-busy time so that's the reason for my absence Hoping things calm down a bit soon but I'm not counting on that happening at least for the rest of this month

I would LOVE to go to Gatecon, because I'd really love to get to Vancouver someday and obviously would really love to meet Martin. But September's not a good time for me with all my family birthdays and things so it wouldn't work Still wish Martin would come over to the UK sometime but the stargate cons seem to have dried up over here now.

*curls up in corner and snoozes*
                    sigpic
                    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

Why does Josi always show up a bit hungover?

Speaking of which... I probaly should be boozing up.
                      I'm diving into Eurovision.

*inhales deeply*
                      *grabs glitter and an orange feather boa*

Edit: Oh my.
                      And we're not even singing yet...
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                        *hugs WooHoos*
                        *hugs back*

Why does Josi always show up a bit hungover?
                        Because she's always drunk?

Speaking of which... I probaly should be boozing up.
                        I'm diving into Eurovision.

*inhales deeply*
                        *grabs glitter and an orange feather boa*

Edit: Oh my.
                        And we're not even singing yet...
                        I've drunk a bottle of wine but still not going anywhere near Eurovison - that wood require at least two bottles

Comment

*hugs back*

Because she's always drunk?
                          Probably that, yes.

I've drunk a bottle of wine but still not going anywhere near Eurovison - that wood require at least two bottles
                          Naw.. That means you just missed the dancing gorilla.
                          Have it your way...
                          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Ohhh I saw the dancing gorilla in a trailer earlier............ they'll have to do better than that to get my attention

Comment

There'll be yodel rap.

sigpic

Comment

Arghhhhh! I missed a 69 post!

Yodel rap? I'm not even going to ask

Comment

Working...
                                X