• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    It was demonstrating it's supreme powers. *nods*
    Indeed

Originally posted by josiane View Post
    *tiptoes through thread*
    Tiptoeing does no good - you need to stomp through LOUDLY so as to maybe wake up the thread

So I've been working on a little project lately - I've been organising my funeral No, don't panic (or heave a sigh of relief ), I'm not expecting to have to put the plan into action anytime soon! Having heard from a friend how traumatic a time she'd had when her mother died having left no Will and no indication of her funeral preferences (nor money to pay for it), I decided I didn't want Lee and Joel to have to deal with that on my behalf. So I've planned it and paid for it - cheapest possible coffin (why cremate an expensive one?), no limousines (you'll just have to get there under your own steam ), no flowers - why should loads of poor flowers die just because I have? My instructions are that you should all spend your money on a bottle of wine (or whatever your favourite tipple is) and party me off to my final destination - which I'm hoping will be a place called Rainbow Valley, where there are sunshine and butterflies and it never rains

I've left Aly and Stuart (my Executors) lists of who to call with the sad news - two lists, because some people know me by my given name and some know me as Jumble. No point ringing Josi and saying 'Julie has died', because then she'd be thinking 'Who? '

Funnest part was choosing what music should be played and which teddy bear should go with me

So yeah, that's my way of brightening up the thread

Comment

That's certainly a cheery topic of conversation Rest assured Jumble, we would do nothing other than send you off with a lot of wine, a lot of hugs, and a lot of tears. So basically a woohoomeet

But you're not allowed to go to Rainbow Valley for a long long time, OK?!
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

That's certainly a cheery topic of conversation Rest assured Jumble, we would do nothing other than send you off with a lot of wine, a lot of hugs, and a lot of tears. So basically a woohoomeet
        That's exactly what I wood expect

But you're not allowed to go to Rainbow Valley for a long long time, OK?!
        Absolutely OK! I'm retiring next July and my intention is to have a looooong retirement before I go dancing off to meet Michael in our happyeverafter Rainbow

Comment

If Jumble kicks the bucket, I'm calling dibs on Martin!

Uh. Yeah. I mean, what Josi said. No Rainbow valley yet.

*hugs WooHoos*
          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Oh, if we're doing that, I'll inherit Athos. Tom Burke did wink at me, after all

Uh. Yeah. I mean, what Josi said. No Rainbow valley yet.

*hugs WooHoos*
            *hugs*
            sigpic

Comment

What a cheerful conversation. However, I suppose it is necessary. By the time I go, I won't have much left because I'm doing my best to spend it all now! And why not be cremated in the "blanket" - who gets that. And no I don't want it back - I'll probably go before you! I have somewhat thought out mine as well - cremation also. I would like them to open up the wall where my Mom's resting and throw in a peanut butter jar with my ashes into the site them wall it up again. As for words - just put Laurel's here too! That's enough! I do have a few things I'll probably send over to Claire (6 signed hats for one) but if anyone wants anything - let me know (except money - I'm spending all of that!) Oh and I intend to destroy all my books that I've written as well. I want to leave as small a footprint as possible. No need to go looking for my grave - I just won't really be there - I'm going to have some fun and go haunt a few people before I move on! Hey - you have to have a little fun when you die!
              sigpic

Comment

...Uh. Yeah. I mean, what Josi said. No Rainbow valley yet.

*hugs WooHoos*
                Oh, if we're doing that, I'll inherit Athos. Tom Burke did wink at me, after all

*hugs*
                So the truth comes out now

Just for that, I'll give up all my vices and live a LOT longer just to make you wait!

Laurie - great idea! Being cremated in The Quilt will definitely solve the problem of who to leave it to

I still have two of your books saved on my pc

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                  So the truth comes out now

Just for that, I'll give up all my vices and live a LOT longer just to make you wait!

Laurie - great idea! Being cremated in The Quilt will definitely solve the problem of who to leave it to

I still have two of your books saved on my pc
                  You do - I have written about 2 or 3 more since then, but decided not to edit them. I don't want to edit them just to be published (as suggested by a publisher who actually showed interest in one of my books)! I wrote them like I see them and have no interest in being published anymore. I realized I actually wrote them for me and no one else. Once I realized that, it became a lot more enjoyable. However, I have moved on and I actually wrote a play. Was so much fun. I have also written several scenes - like you would use in an acting class. It really is great fun. No editing just creating. This has turned out to be a great way to allow the brain to expand. One of these days I am going to just delete all of it. Once I realized why I wrote them - I had no further reason to actually share it with anyone. I was stagnating and really just needed to be creative.
                  sigpic

Comment

As long as you got pleasure from your writing that's really all that matters. I'm glad I got to read the two I have

Comment

*wanders in with a feather duster to flick away the cobwebs*

You all know how much I hate housework, but sometimes it just has to be done

*sings*

Where have all the WooHoos gone,
                      Long time passing,
                      Long time ago,
                      Stuck in real lives every one,
                      When will they ever return?
                      When will they ever return?

Comment

*runs in and crash tackle hugs everyone*
                        I'm here!

I mean, I haven't been here (off tearing up Bulgaria for a few days last weekend and then crazy work week since) but I'm here *now*
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah yeah, we all know what a fantabulous time you've been having globe-trotting all over the place - we saw the awesome pics on FB

*soooo not jealous*

Comment

Edit: darn it I forgot gw does that weird uncapitalising thing if you just post a big grin smiley and nothing else. I am so out of practice here
                            sigpic

Comment

That's what happens when you stay away too long

Comment

I know, I'm a bad woohoo I still love you all though. And Martin.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X