The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    Unfortunately most people don't realise how much it costs until they find themselves arranging one for a lost relative, and if that relative didn't leave any money the family have to cover it

It cost me two months' income even though I picked the cheapest possible plan
    Funerals here are very expensive. I made a request to cremate me because it costs so damn much for a burial. My Mom's funeral (about 10 years ago) cost a fortune and I had help cutting costs. I did things I didn't know about. Example - someone already bought a plot but moved back East and wanted to sell their plot (in a wall - which are about twice the cost as in soil). However my friend talked with the cemetery and found out about it and I got it at about 1/3 the cost (and therefore actually save about 1/3 the cost of being buried in soil.) They got flowers (it was a few days before Mother's Day and they were outrageous in costs) also at a discount. And even the casket which was hand carved and had no nails (think it was actually used in orthodox ceremonies) I got at a discount. I had the best of everything (although I really wasn't paying that much attention) and got it all for less then a normal funeral. And it still costs almost $15,000. By the way my friend worked in the TV industry and selected places that accommodated the industry. Still used the cemetery I planned on (all our family are there except me!) and all at a discount. Bargain shopping funerals - who knew! I wonder if I can have someone sneak in (when the time comes) and just scatter my ashes wherever someone of my family is buried - who would know! Would save the cost of burying the ashes.
    sigpic

Comment

Pics from Twitter to perk up the thread.............

Martin Wood @realmartinwood Apr 21
      Wrapped #PerfectBride EARLY this AM @hallmarkchannel @KavanjSmith we never stopped laughing...except that 1 time re:@HuttonPascale hairstyle.

Martin Wood Retweeted
      Kate Gajdosik Verified account @KateGajdosik Apr 18
      @KavanjSmith @realmartinwood having way too much fun on set. #Vancouver @hallmarkchannel Just missing @HuttonPascale & hello to @erinkrakow

Comment

*is perked*

...and nekkid.

...and dragging in orange confetti because it's King's Day here.

*hugs*
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
          Pics from Twitter to perk up the thread.............
          Fun pictures = thanks for sharing!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
            *is perked*

...and nekkid.

...and dragging in orange confetti because it's King's Day here.

*hugs*
            Happy Kings Day!

*hugs back*

Originally posted by llp View Post
            Fun pictures = thanks for sharing!
            You're welcome

Why is it Royal Mail always try to deliver packages during the 15 minutes that I am out every day? Third time this week So now I'll have to get up early tomorrow in order to collect it from the Post Office before 12.30

Comment

Pictures!!! Martin having fun

*iz slightly drunk*
              *now has to do the challenge post*
              *this may take several attempts*

Happy King's Day Nad!
              sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

I think we can get away with the drunkeness if we claim to have been celebrating King's Day on Nad's behalf

Yes, it's good to see Martin enjoying his work

Comment

Thanks!

We love sharing King's Day with everyone, so sure. It's a great excuse to get drunk-ish.
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                  Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Yes, thanks Nad and all Dutch people everywhere for retrospectively justifying my impromptu pub trip last night

Now I just need excuses for all the other ones...
                    sigpic
                    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Shhhh!!! We've got it all covered

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                        Yes, thanks Nad and all Dutch people everywhere for retrospectively justifying my impromptu pub trip last night

Now I just need excuses for all the other ones...
                        Originally posted by Jumble
                        Shhhh!!! We've got it all covered
                        Well I finally found an advantage for being 70 - I don't need no damn excuse for anything!
                        Last edited by llp; 02 May 2017, 03:00 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

As usual, there is no one around to talk to or play with! I know I'm late but I was here this morning and no one has been around for a while! Honestly, this thread seems to be definitely on its way out. Every once in a while there is a spurt of activity, but generally this particular thread seems to be fading. And my Gabit thread is about totally dead. I even responded to a question from Sharon and she has never taken the time to look for a response to her question - been over a month. Looks like everyone has found other more interesting places to go or things to do. Me - not so much I guess!
                          sigpic

Comment

Any Woohoos coming to Gatecon 2018? Martin Wood was just announced.

Comment

Wood love to, but I doubt it'll be possible

Comment

.... but I'll nick his pic...

Comment

Working...
                                X