• Show
Clear All

Thank you very much, how kind
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

You're welcome

Comment

I think what this thread needs is a little MartinArt - made for the Icon Challenge on the AfA thread................

Comment

Jeez, what a day I've had

Woody had his MOT last week. He passed, but the mechanic said there was a nail in his nearside front tyre which wood need to be repaired - not urgent, it's probably been there for some time. Woody will also need his brake pads and two rear tyres replaced within the next few months, so I booked him in for all of that to be done mid-March, as well as the repair to the nailed tyre. Having spent two nights having nightmares about bursting a tyre on the by-pass or having the tyre burst into flames, also on the by-pass, I decided it might be a good idea to get some breakdown cover - working on the premise that if I've got it I probably won't need it Wrong!

This morning when I went out I noticed his n/s front tyre looked a bit soft, so I took him to the nearest garage to check the pressure and add some air. A couple of hours later I checked and the tyre had gone soft again. Hmphf! Got out the manual and discovered that not only is the spare tyre an 'emergency' one but that it wasn't a case of take one off and put the other one on (which I have done several times in the past with other cars), but I wood need to use different wheelnuts and the special 'kit' supplied for the purpose (which, yes, was in the glove compartment....... always wondered what that little white box was for ) Also, the instructions for how to access the spare were very complicated and there were dire warnings about making sure the spare tyre fixing was properly put back before the car could be driven - plus, it was really cold outside

So I rang Green Flag and asked if I was covered for a flat tyre at my home address and a very nice lady said "Of course! I'll send someone asap!", which she did, and a Green Flag van turned up an hour later. They guy changed the wheel, having said "They don't make it easy do they?", because it really wasn't straightforward!

Anywoo, by then it was too late to take the tyre to be fixed at the Renault garage (Friday afternoon and very busy) so Woody and I will be going there tomorrow morning and hopefully that will be that

On a brighter note, Cags, Ben and Kirst will be here in a few hours and we will be off to Anderson's for a 'farewell' buffet that they're laying on for their regular customers. Sadly, Josi can't make it because she is snowed under at work and also has to work tomorrow Of course, we will make sure we eat her share - especially if there is Sticky Toffee Pudding on offer

Comment

So sad to have missed the Anderson's farewell buffet Stoopid excessively busy work right now I hope it was awesome and you ate your fill
            sigpic

Comment

It was and we did Really wish you could have been there

Sadly, there was no STP available, but Stuart gave me a Chocolate Brownie with Chocolate Sauce for you and I've popped it into the freezer to await your next visit

He has also tentatively agreed that I can go over and take down some recipes from him so that we can try to reproduce our favourite pies and puds

I hope your work issues are now sorted and that you can give yourself a lazy Sunday *hugs*

Comment

Aw, thanks Stuart! I feel marginally better for knowing I didn't miss out on STP though

(Related, I had to go out to dinner on Wednesday (had to because it was for work, and I didn't really want to ) and there was STP but it was polluted with banana Complete sacrilege! I did not have it )

Work all sorted - I didn't have to go in the whole day but our normal Saturday person had something which meant they needed to come in late so I had to go and open up and man the fort until they got there. Hoping next week will be less crazy than this week has been but at least I now have the best part of the weekend to recover. Off to Mum and Dad's tomorrow and all three of my nephews will be there

Oh and belated hugs and sympathies for your crazy day yesterday and Woody woes
                sigpic

Comment

Polluted with banana? Utterly unthinkable!!!

A Sunday with the nephews is just what you need to put you back on your feet - enjoy!

Woody didn't get his puncture fixed on Saturday - I realised when I got up that I was probably still over the limit from the night before I'll take him on Monday instead

Comment

I hope this isn't the start of another run of deaths in the showbiz world...

Neil Fingleton - the U.K.'s Tallest Man, played the Giant King in Game of Thrones (aged 36)

Bill Paxton - Apollo 13, Titanic, Twister, Tombestone, Predater and many more (aged 61)
                    Last edited by Jumble; 26 February 2017, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                      I hope this isn't the start of another run of deaths in the showbiz world...

Neil Fingleton - the U.K.'s Tallest Man, played the Giant King in Game of Thrones (aged 36)

Bill Paxton - Apollo 13, Titanic, Twister, Tombestone, Predater and many more (aged 61)
                      First - hello to everyone. I know I've been missing recently, but just haven't been online as much recently. Sorry.

Sadly, Bill Paxton was having some kind of heart surgery when what ever the issue was occurred. Sad but these things do happen more often then they let you know. As for Neil Fingleton - I haven't heard any details other then how young he was...way to young.

Really sorry I never got back to Anderson's one more time before it closed. But I think my trips to the UK are coming to an end. I can't fly coach anymore on long flights - doctor's orders actually. Until I have knee surgery he totally recommends I fly 1st class anywhere I go. Only doubles and triples my airfare. And sadly, I don't have the money to do that much. So mostly local trips within the west coast only. And to the UK - way way way expensive.
                      As for the knee surgery, well that isn't coming too soon either. Probably another year + before it will be bad enough to fix. If I had it done about 3 years ago I would have been fine - but it wasn't as bad then - and now it is worse but the standards for doing it have gotten more stringent. Can't seem to get a break on that. Back to the doctor in about 3 weeks. This time I can tell him I actually fell down in my home and that was not a good thing. Only slightly bruised but getting back up was not easy. One more point towards that surgery. The knee just buckled right under me. Not something I like doing when no one is at the house but me and two cats that decided since I'm on the ground they can crawl on top of me for some reason. Have a list of everything I need checked out. Going to be a long appt. Somehow turning 70 was a beginning of a breaking point for my body not that it hasn't been falling apart over the last few years.
                      sigpic

Comment

Help - I think I just killed this page?
                        sigpic

Comment

This place can not be killed.

*hugs WooHoos*

EDIT: I'm Pikachu!
                          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Pretty sure it was GW that killed all the threads for the last couple of days

Comment

It was demonstrating it's supreme powers. *nods*
                              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*tiptoes through thread*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X