No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been off gallivanting again Been in Mallorca all week enjoying some sunshine and yummy Spanish food

*shares empanadas and ensaimadas and sangria for all*
    *hugs*
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

I want to thank you sincerely for bringing the sunshine back with you

*sneaks away with the sangria*

Comment

I know! I'm very happy to have done so
        sigpic

Comment

I agree with Nad - very very quiet around here. Looks like either we are losing interest or our interest is being drawn to other things and no time for here. Oh well, I check back in a few days to see if it changes any!
          sigpic

Comment

For me it's not that I'm losing interest, but my RL is really crappy and all I can do is whine about how supid everyone is and that nobody cares.

But yeah. Hi WooHoos! *hugs*
            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
              For me it's not that I'm losing interest, but my RL is really crappy and all I can do is whine about how supid everyone is and that nobody cares.

But yeah. Hi WooHoos! *hugs*
              Since I'm the only one around - "HI" back at ya! with a "hug"
              sigpic

Comment

Aww, thanks!
                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*huggles Nad tight. And Laurie. And everyone else, whether they're posting or lurking or a Spencer*
                  sigpic

Comment

It's not so much a lack of interest, more a lack of something to be interested in Martin is involved in lots of different projects but I haven't managed to see any of them. Killjoys has been renewed, so has Travelers - just hope they go to dvd at some point.

Whilst watching The Magicians Season 1 last night, suddenly 'Directed by Amanda Tapping' popped up on my screen - made me smile

Nad, you should know this is the perfect place to whine and moan - you're guaranteed hugs and sympathy because WE care

*huggles WooHoos*

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                      It's not so much a lack of interest, more a lack of something to be interested in Martin is involved in lots of different projects but I haven't managed to see any of them. Killjoys has been renewed, so has Travelers - just hope they go to dvd at some point.

Whilst watching The Magicians Season 1 last night, suddenly 'Directed by Amanda Tapping' popped up on my screen - made me smile

Nad, you should know this is the perfect place to whine and moan - you're guaranteed hugs and sympathy because WE care

*huggles WooHoos*
                      The Magicians - what is that show. Don't think I've heard of it before.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hey woohoos! *huggles you all*

I can understand the need to arrange for your funeral Jumble, and I thought about it a little it does sound sensible. And your outtake on this is amazing.
                        We have a very different culture here for that in the sense that we really don't think about it until it happens. Which is not good at all for number of reasons, but one of them is it just makes me uncomfortable to talk about someone dying let alone someone close to me. Ugh. So my first reaction to reading your posts about this was WTF, I don't even want to think about you dying girl! Woman. Friend. :*
                        But I do understand why it's needed the arrangements that you made, and that it's maybe a good think to talk about it beforehand.
                        Still.

Josi! Next time you come to my little parts of the world, let me know, we must meet mwuahah!
                        Kidding, only if you have the time, I do understand that time with your brother is precious. But I was so happy to know that you were near!

And if any of the woohoos do want to come to Belgrade, you are more then welcome! <3
                        sigpic
                        Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                          The Magicians - what is that show. Don't think I've heard of it before.
                          The Magicians.

*huggles Dee* Good to see you

The problem with not putting anything in place for my funeral was that if I didn't my grandsons would have to deal with it when I die, which I didn't want. Also, because I've paid a fixed sum for it I'm making sure that I'm not putting the cost onto my family. The cost of funerals has gone up a lot in the last few years and they are expected to keep rising to estimated levels of £5,000 to £10,000 over the next 10 to 20 years - I've just paid less than £3,000 for mine, thereby saving anyone getting into debt on my account.

Besides, it's quite fun planning it when nobody has actually died yet

Apart from all that, I think I was just a little motivated by my being a bit of a control freak

Comment

Dee! *squishy huggles* If I go back to Sofia another time for longer we'll have to see if we can work something It was exciting to be in your part of the world I waved from the plane
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                              The Magicians.

*huggles Dee* Good to see you

The problem with not putting anything in place for my funeral was that if I didn't my grandsons would have to deal with it when I die, which I didn't want. Also, because I've paid a fixed sum for it I'm making sure that I'm not putting the cost onto my family. The cost of funerals has gone up a lot in the last few years and they are expected to keep rising to estimated levels of £5,000 to £10,000 over the next 10 to 20 years - I've just paid less than £3,000 for mine, thereby saving anyone getting into debt on my account.

Besides, it's quite fun planning it when nobody has actually died yet

Apart from all that, I think I was just a little motivated by my being a bit of a control freak

It's not controlling when you put it like that.
                              And my god but the funerals cost so much there!
                              I have no idea what's your average paycheck is like, but 3000 pounds here is like a 6 months pay for better payed jobs.

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                              Dee! *squishy huggles* If I go back to Sofia another time for longer we'll have to see if we can work something It was exciting to be in your part of the world I waved from the plane
                              *squishes* I waved back...but you were already in England. In fact I'm still *waving*

Happy Easter Woohoos!

Edit: I quite liked Magicians... until I missed the last ep of S1... continued to S2 only to realize something happened in the final ep, and after watching it, it really disturbed me.I'm not gonna spoil it for you guys, but I can't seem to force myself to watch it after that. But I love the concept, and the actors, and everything. Except that tiny little bit that I can't get over.
                              sigpic
                              Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                                It's not controlling when you put it like that.
                                And my god but the funerals cost so much there!
                                I have no idea what's your average paycheck is like, but 3000 pounds here is like a 6 months pay for better payed jobs.
                                Unfortunately most people don't realise how much it costs until they find themselves arranging one for a lost relative, and if that relative didn't leave any money the family have to cover it

It cost me two months' income even though I picked the cheapest possible plan

*squishes* I waved back...but you were already in England. In fact I'm still *waving*

Happy Easter Woohoos!

Edit: I quite liked Magicians... until I missed the last ep of S1... continued to S2 only to realize something happened in the final ep, and after watching it, it really disturbed me.I'm not gonna spoil it for you guys, but I can't seem to force myself to watch it after that. But I love the concept, and the actors, and everything. Except that tiny little bit that I can't get over.
                                I started watching at ep 4 of S2, which was quite confusing! But I've since watched S1 on dvd and it all became clear The finale of S1 was pretty ghastly but hey, it's Magic! - I'm sure it will all work out in the end

Won't it?

Comment

Working...
                                X