The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    Maybe if we apologize, we can get 2016 back?

Really, Jumble?
    You made me disappear?
    (Must be symbolic for my thread life, lately )
    Nope, you did it all by yourself

Originally posted by josiane View Post
    Just coming through to hug you all tight *squishes*
    *hugs back*

Gotta keep the standards up, even if there's no one to see
    Even the Spencers have deserted us

Back at work today after having most of my half term holiday totally ruined by one of my little ones leaving me a tummy bug as a parting gift

Comment

Not cool a tummy bug.
      I hope election day is going well for the ladies in the UK. Be responsible and vote.
      sigpic
      Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
      Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Yes, we voted - now we've got non-stop post-election chatter on tv for the rest of the day

*changes to radio channel*

Comment

yep, that is a nasty side effect. But that's democracy working, I guess.
          sigpic

Comment

Hm....... I don't see how being force-fed constant repeats of every comment made by every MP the newshounds can get hold of is the least bit democratic!

But then, I object to anything that interferes with my viewing preferences

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
              Hm....... I don't see how being force-fed constant repeats of every comment made by every MP the newshounds can get hold of is the least bit democratic!

So do I. And political commentary is getting more and more asinine, these days. It's hard to get credible information or just the facts from the news.
              sigpic

Comment

Yes, just as hard as it is to get a straight 'yes' or 'no' to any question put to a politician

Comment

And that is why I prefer to watch fiction, fantasy or sci-fi. Reality sucks!
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes it does

Comment

Do you think we could start again and have both your election and my election again? But first we must make sure we remember what it is like with our two most unpopular leaders and how they are destroying the UK and the US. I keep feeling like I am being pulled back to about the 1930's - no one had much money, no one helped (even if they could), and the government didn't care. Especially the last one!
                      sigpic

Comment

Nope, you did it all by yourself

*hugs back*

Even the Spencers have deserted us

Back at work today after having most of my half term holiday totally ruined by one of my little ones leaving me a tummy bug as a parting gift
                        Evil bugs And even worse when you're on holiday! Belated big hugs.

I know this about you

Originally posted by llp View Post
                        Do you think we could start again and have both your election and my election again? But first we must make sure we remember what it is like with our two most unpopular leaders and how they are destroying the UK and the US. I keep feeling like I am being pulled back to about the 1930's - no one had much money, no one helped (even if they could), and the government didn't care. Especially the last one!
                        Sigh. Yeah. Things are pretty bleak right now, politically, in both our countries. We can only hope we get through this not too damaged and that things will be better again someday. We've had a glimmer of hope this time round with lots of people getting engaged in the process who weren't before and voting for a more caring platform - not enough to change anything right now but hopefully a good sign for the future.
                        sigpic
                        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Sigh. Yeah. Things are pretty bleak right now, politically, in both our countries. We can only hope we get through this not too damaged and that things will be better again someday. We've had a glimmer of hope this time round with lots of people getting engaged in the process who weren't before and voting for a more caring platform - not enough to change anything right now but hopefully a good sign for the future.
                          We actually had the votes in our country but the very antiquated electoral college did us in. Over 3 million more votes and she still lost!
                          sigpic

Comment

Evil bugs And even worse when you're on holiday! Belated big hugs.
                            *hugs back* Feeling much better now

I know this about you

Considering what we pay for our tv channels we should at least have the right to whinge!

I refuse to worry about the political situation - it'll be what it will be and I can't change it I voted LibDem in a vain attempt to oust Jeremy Hunt, but we're still stuck with him. That's what comes of living in a 'rich' area

Excuse little rant.......

The thing that really really annoys me about getting older is that all my life my habit has been to start a job and keep at it until it's done - I've been known to still be decorating long after midnight to finish the job After just an hour and a half in the garden - strimming, mowing, planting out seedlings - I've had to stop because I'm knackered I had intended to plant up the rest of my summer tubs, but they'll have to wait until Wednesday now

.../rant

Comment

*hugs back* Feeling much better now

The thing that really really annoys me about getting older is that all my life my habit has been to start a job and keep at it until it's done - I've been known to still be decorating long after midnight to finish the job After just an hour and a half in the garden - trimming, mowing, planting out seedlings - I've had to stop because I'm knackered I had intended to plant up the rest of my summer tubs, but they'll have to wait until Wednesday now
                              .../rant
                              Sadly as you get to my age it only gets worse. I bring over much younger friends to get my garden planted each spring and then I take them out to dinner. Definitely more expensive, but a necessity. This year spring only lasted a few days and went back to winter like. Looks like the sun is coming out again, but I really haven't done anything yet. And really not feeling much like doing anything (another problem with getting older - you lose interest in a lot of things!)

I have given up trying to do things I use to because I just can't do it. A sad but realistic fact! So I either get someone to help or it just never gets done. Keeping a 1400+ sq ft house clean inside takes all my energy and I can't do it in only one day (like I use to)! Now I have to break it up and by the time I'm done I only have a day or so and I have to do it all over again. Tiresome to say the least! Even travel it become difficult. Those long plane trips to the UK wear me out now. So many hours - anywhere from 10 to 14 - just to go to the UK for about 5 1/2 days. It would be better if I stayed longer, but since I usually travel alone these days, not as much fun without someone to share with. I do like the AT events, but if I stayed after - I've seen almost all of the UK so not sure what I would do. Yet I don't want to stay home all the time either. Not to mention money can be an issue as well. I don't fly coach on long trips because my knees can't take it. So the plane fare is very expensive.

I think I would have like to live my life backwards - start old and become young. Would have been a lot better situation for me. Wasn't it Brad Pitt that starred in a movie like that? Oh well dream away - not going to happen. And now I have to deal with growing old and having problems. I guess it is better then the alternative.

(and again, I feel like I'm talking to myself! - not even one lookly loo around.)
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm not ready to give in to age just yet - I'm more inclined to get myself fitter and learn to pace myself better. And I'm way too much of a control freak to trust anyone else to do my gardening or pot up the plants that I've nurtured through the winter or grown from seeds

Just got back from a mini WooHooMeet with Cags and Kirsten - lovely lazy day sitting in the garden after a short stroll to the cafe for lunch - bliss!

Comment

Working...
                                X