X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes!

Comment

*iz spitting chips*

The County Council in their wisdom have decided to dig up the main road at the end of my road in order to put in 'traffic calming measures'. Good idea, yes? Well yes, it wood be.......... except that the work will take three weeks and during the middle week there will be no vehicular access to my road!!!! 24 hours a day, Monday to Friday. Tlhey have advised us that if we really need to use our cars during this period (as in, if we really need to go to work, school, shopping etc. ) we should make sure we park somewhere outside our road. Where exactly do they think we can park up to 50 cars? On the parts of the main road that isn't being dug up? Seriously?

So I rang them and explained the difficulties all this wood cause and asked them if they really need to completely close the road, pointing out that the original plan was to close one half of the entrance while they worked on the other, and vice versa - sensible, no? After putting me on hold twice, they eventually confirmed that the road has to be closed, very sorry and all that, but tough!!!

There are two side-roads off my road, both of which are almost entirely occupied by elderly people - how are they supposed to manage? And what if someone needs an Ambulance? What if there's a fire? Same answer - tough!!!

I have no idea how I'm going to manage with the children

*gnashes teeth and goes off to stomp around the garden where the children can't hear the swearing*

Comment

Comment

Ugh... that sounds really bad Jumble.
          sigpic
          Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
              *iz spitting chips*

The County Council in their wisdom have decided to dig up the main road at the end of my road in order to put in 'traffic calming measures'. Good idea, yes? Well yes, it wood be.......... except that the work will take three weeks and during the middle week there will be no vehicular access to my road!!!! 24 hours a day, Monday to Friday. Tlhey have advised us that if we really need to use our cars during this period (as in, if we really need to go to work, school, shopping etc. ) we should make sure we park somewhere outside our road. Where exactly do they think we can park up to 50 cars? On the parts of the main road that isn't being dug up? Seriously?

So I rang them and explained the difficulties all this wood cause and asked them if they really need to completely close the road, pointing out that the original plan was to close one half of the entrance while they worked on the other, and vice versa - sensible, no? After putting me on hold twice, they eventually confirmed that the road has to be closed, very sorry and all that, but tough!!!

There are two side-roads off my road, both of which are almost entirely occupied by elderly people - how are they supposed to manage? And what if someone needs an Ambulance? What if there's a fire? Same answer - tough!!!

I have no idea how I'm going to manage with the children

*gnashes teeth and goes off to stomp around the garden where the children can't hear the swearing*

This reminds the time when they built an Hotel in front of my old home, and, at a certain point, they closed all 4 roads that access my home. When we went to the city council and complained they said " we were against progress". We replied we weren't against progress, we just didn't want to rent an helicopter to reach our house. Because that would be the only way ( provided it had an rope ladder!). I don't know who plans such things but they are so irresponsible. You are right. They have to take into account the old age of the people there and access for emergency situations. It's their responsibility.
              sigpic
              Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
              Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                Ugh... that sounds really bad Jumble.
                It is

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq22/Dreaming_of_Winter/hpybmart_zpsgsbrfeju.jpg
                Very nice Did you tweet it to him?

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                This reminds the time when they built an Hotel in front of my old home, and, at a certain point, they closed all 4 roads that access my home. When we went to the city council and complained they said " we were against progress". We replied we weren't against progress, we just didn't want to rent an helicopter to reach our house. Because that would be the only way ( provided it had an rope ladder!). I don't know who plans such things but they are so irresponsible. You are right. They have to take into account the old age of the people there and access for emergency situations. It's their responsibility.
                Sheer stupidity! And more so because it could easily be avoided if they bothered to work it out

Most of the journeys I do during the day are walkable, but there is no way I can pick up my 2.5 yr. old in the mornings because she lives over three miles away, right the other side of town. Fortunately her parents are very understanding of the fact that I don't want to park Woody in an unsafe place all week, and we've managed to put a plan in place (also involving grandparents) which is just about workable even if very inconvenient.

I'd like to see how the morons that planned this ridiculousness wood react if I parked my car across their driveways and refused to move it for a week

Comment

Happy Birthday Martin!!!

To celebrate, I just watched Martin's second Travelers ep - he clearly had a lot of fun with that one All the cool camera angles and shots

*hugs Jumble* How unbelievably irritating and inconsiderate They seem to have been digging up the main road outside yours for years now, it's always got roadworks
                  sigpic
                  Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*iz very jealous of everyone watching Travelers*

He did have a lot of fun on it

*hugs back* I know, it does seem that way But I guess we'll get through it *sigh*

Comment

*shimmies in*

Recycled art. To safe trees.
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*hugs Jumble*
                        Don't worry.
                        You really don't need food, work, emergency services or convenience in life, do you?

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                        *laughs hysterically*
                        *cries*
                        *retreats to bunker with four years' worth of food and DVDs*
                        Is that where our US WooHoos are at?
                        ...Or did their internet access get restricted already, in order to protect them from all that fake news out there?
                        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

It is

Very nice Did you tweet it to him?
                          Of course not...

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                          *hugs Jumble*
                          Don't worry.
                          You really don't need food, work, emergency services or convenience in life, do you?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                            *hugs Jumble*
                            Don't worry.

I knew you'd sympathise

Is that where our US WooHoos are at?
                            ...Or did their internet access get restricted already, in order to protect them from all that fake news out there?
                            Probably

Of course not...
                            You should, he'll appreciate it...........

Martin Wood Retweeted Jumble Moore
                            Thank you all for the wonderful Birthday wishes! And of course thank you Jumble & the WorldWideWooHoos for your amazing video !

Martin Wood ?@realmartinwood 8h

What a great way to spend a birthday! Whistler, snowboarding with the Fam!!

And.......

"ChristopherHeyerdahl (@CHeyerdahl) liked one of your Tweets!"

Comment

You should, he'll appreciate it...........
                              Yeah, but I have no restraint. If he tweets back I might tweet him for New Years and Christmas. Then on all holidays...then every day...

*stalker alert*

No, it turns out I'm shy online too

Martin Wood Retweeted Jumble Moore
                              Thank you all for the wonderful Birthday wishes! And of course thank you Jumble & the WorldWideWooHoos for your amazing video !

Martin Wood ?@realmartinwood 8h

What a great way to spend a birthday! Whistler, snowboarding with the Fam!!

The man is amazing! <3

And.......
                              "ChristopherHeyerdahl (@CHeyerdahl) liked one of your Tweets!"
                              ...awesome!
                              sigpic

Comment

No, the US contingency is quietly licking our wounds. We have 4 years (minus one day) to have to deal with this. First issue - someone needs to teach the first lady how to be respectful to our country. I watched about 10 minutes of what was going on - just in time for the march to begin with the bands and President and party going by, etc. And to start with they present the colors to the President. He saluted as did the general next to him (appropriate behavior). The Vice Pres and his wife put their hands over their hearts (also what they should do). Then there was the first lady who stood there like a log and offered nothing - no respect for our flag or country. No hand on heart - nothing. I thought she became a citizen of this country so she should know that the first lady should put her hand over her heart as a sign of respect for our flag and our country. Shame on her for not knowing and shame on the people watching over her to not tell her (something she should already know!) Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X