No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're off to Stonehenge today, followed by a visit to the Medieval part of Southampton, then on to Winchester Cathedral and Jane Austen's house near Alton - wish me luck in not getting us lost!

Comment

Good luck Jumble .

*waves to the fly by WooHoos*

It wasn't a mean giggle Mr... It was one out of sympathy.
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

I need more salad...
        sigpic

Comment

*Nods in agreement*
          sigpic
          Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
          Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

So, at what time do we send out a search party if Nad and Jumble are not heard from?

Hope you have/had a fun day!
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

All is well. Didn't get lost... Much.
              Stonehenge was fun, I feel like a true shippy hippy now
              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                So, at what time do we send out a search party if Nad and Jumble are not heard from?

Hope you have/had a fun day!
                Ignore the ickybah one - we were not lost, merely led astray a little by Daniel

We found Stonehenge, no problem.......

... and trust Nad to persuade Woody to do a 69 on the motorway.......

Comment

However, things didn't go quite as planned, because we were at StoneHenge a lot longer than we expected because they've got these cool audio-tour things that you get in with your ticket that tells you loads of interesting stuff

When we got to Southampton we found that the Medieval Merchant's house only opens on Sundays , so we went into the Tudor House instead and were there quite awhile.

By then it was obvious that we weren't going to make it to Jane Austen's House before it closed, so we headed to Winchester in the hope that the Cathedral wood still be open - it was, and Nad had a look around it and took some pics, but I'd done a fair bit of walking by then and even with the walking stick I was finding it hard, so I stayed in the entrance and lit a candle for the baby. (I'm not a great believer, but I'll do anything that might help )

On the way back, Nad spotted a Hippy Surfer Bus ...........

Comment

Love the pics, glad you had fun and didn't get too lost

I have spent the last two days sorting and clearing out, and internet-window shopping for furniture and things for the new flat (still pending exchange and touching wood all over the place...)
                    sigpic

Comment

Touching Wood all over the place? You keep your hands to yourself young lady!

*crosses fingers for a speedy exchange*

Apparently as well as a Stonehenge there is also a WoodHenge a couple of miles further on We didn't go see it because we were already running late...... now I wish we had

Comment

The most shocking thing about that response is that it took anyone 35 minutes to ickybah it up!
                        sigpic

Comment

The most shocking thing about that response is that it took anyone 35 minutes to ickybah it up!
                          We were otherwise occupied - finishing up the Toffee Apple Crumble and Mississippi Mud Pie There are some things that take precedence over anything Martin related.......... not many, but some

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                            We were otherwise occupied - finishing up the Toffee Apple Crumble and Mississippi Mud Pie There are some things that take precedence over anything Martin related.......... not many, but some
                            Does Martin know he comes after dessert in the pecking order?
                            sigpic

Comment

Does Martin know he comes after dessert in the pecking order?
                              I'm sure he'd understand if he'd ever had an Anderson's dessert

And it does, of course, depend on how hungry I am at the time

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                                I'm sure he'd understand if he'd ever had an Anderson's dessert

And it does, of course, depend on how hungry I am at the time
                                Well, speaking for myself, obviously very little in this world beats Anderson's sticky toffee pudding so quite understood
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X