• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    *is stopped in tracks by MR's Martinspam*

He's really quite cute isn't he?

What a lovely way to start my Monday morning off
    Meh. He's not my type, but I thought it'd be a nice way to start the week

Glad to be home from work...I dislike Mondays. Posting the Martinspam this morning has been the highlight of my day.
    sigpic
    Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
      Time consuming = expensive As you say, you have to pay the people for the time they work on it if nothing else.

I've been thinking that seeing all the news reports with the flooding here and the heat wave over on your side of the pond. We could gladly take some of your excess degrees and send you some of our excess water
      If only.....

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
      *hugs WooHoos*

NumberSix, you could just smoke the broccoli and skip the dip. It's very effective

I see Jumble's paperwork got the best of her

And as for those Sanctuary DVD extra's... (I mean, it's not like I get those DVD's anytime soon. )
      Spoiler:
      Ayee! *happy dances*

It did make me really miss the show.

*shimmies just because*
      Smoked broccoli? Is that anything like grilling it?

Just thinking about no Sanctuary this fall and I'm missing it already!

I could NOT believe she was going to dip it

*swallows mouthful of broccoli and hides bowl of dip behind her back*
      I was just trying to contribute to the party.

Originally posted by tinnec View Post
      I'm sorry! I skipped around a bit...does that count?

Oh, wait...phew...so newbies that don't respect themselves wouldn't have to read the whole thread? jk

Drat, gotta go! *hates dial-up* Laters! *hugs all*
      That lets me off the hook. *sigh of relief*

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      of course, one *can* eat broccoli cake...
      Hmmm. Brownies with grated zucchini in them = yummy. Cake with broccoli = .... *thinking of grated or shredded broccoli to use in cake recipe*
      How would that taste?
      sigpic
      Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
        If only.....

Not really.........

My S4 dvds will be here any day now - soooo looking forward to those SFs

Hey, around here you can pretty much do what you like.... just think it's a bit of a waste to eat it

Hmmm. Brownies with grated zucchini in them = yummy. Cake with broccoli = .... *thinking of grated or shredded broccoli to use in cake recipe*
        How would that taste?
        Whole broccoli is better...........

Comment

*huggles all*

Not bad for 11 minutes!
          This is INCREDIBLE for 11 minutes!!

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
          Jumble- so glad you are loving the kindle! It's definitely in my top 3 purchases of all time. I don't know if this feature has made its way across the pond yet, but over here, we can actually take kindle books out of the library! Really cool, you check it out online and it appears on your kindle!
          At first I was adverse*--hmm, is this the right word?--to the idea of electronic books. I love my tangible books that either smell old or new. And you can't feel how close you are to the end.
          But then I played on one at Target and it was actually pretty cool. I'd enjoy flipping the pages. Also, reading at night would be a heck of a lot easier.

*...opposed! I like that word better for it.

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
          What doesn't!

Congrats on your '69 tinnec!!!! First of many....
          Can I ask why the fox? LOL, I'm sure I missed something
          Thanks!
          And it's a fennec.

foxy in English generally refers to being slightly sexy and/or a bit sly...
          Haha, yup! And it has to do with my username.

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
          Ohhh! Awesome!
          Foxy Ninja! *giggles* Nicce
          http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...y_Yellow14.jpg
          by Yellow14 on Deviantart

*waves to Joe, and Luvnjoe*
          That is so cool!! You are very talented!

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
          Tonight's shift is done. Only 55 hours of work remaining this week... I cannot wait for Saturday.

*huggles Dee for being back home*
          *huggles The Foxy (Ninja) Woohoo for the new name*
          *huggles LJ for the nice Joe pics*
          *huggles everyone else too*

WHAT?!

Or lurk for three months before posting, so that you creepily know everything by the time you work up the courage to post.

Not that I did anything remotely like that.
          Thanks!
          And, I'm a picky eater...and now I know to NOT eat the broccoli.

tinnec only doesn't like broccoli because they've been trying to EAT it! *shakes head sadly*
          *throws hands up in defense* I didn't know! haha

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
          If only.....

That lets me off the hook. *sigh of relief*

How would that taste?
          I miss Sanctuary, too. I'm happy that the crew gets to stick together for the most part

I've had brownies with zucchini. Sometimes the workers would cut the zucchini too big and it'd get chunky...but you couldn't really even taste it for the most part. They just said it made the brownie a healthful.

Comment

That is so cool!! You are very talented.
            Not mine, it's a pic I found online
            sigpic
            Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

*huggles all*

This is INCREDIBLE for 11 minutes!!
              I'll admit I had the basic banner done, just had to google a fennec and a ninja and chuck them in

At first I was adverse*--hmm, is this the right word?--to the idea of electronic books. I love my tangible books that either smell old or new. And you can't feel how close you are to the end.
              But then I played on one at Target and it was actually pretty cool. I'd enjoy flipping the pages. Also, reading at night would be a heck of a lot easier.

*...opposed! I like that word better for it.
              I think you mean 'averse' I was too, resisted for a long time, but in the end I ran out of shelf-space and was a bit fed up with struggling with large books making my sore shoulder hurt more I got used to the Kindle in no time and now can't think why I didn't go for it sooner

I've had brownies with zucchini. Sometimes the workers would cut the zucchini too big and it'd get chunky...but you couldn't really even taste it for the most part. They just said it made the brownie a healthful.
              Sounds a bit like carrot cake - you can't really taste the carrot, but you can tell yourself it's good for you

Comment

I'll admit I had the basic banner done, just had to google a fennec and a ninja and chuck them in

I think you mean 'averse' I was too, resisted for a long time, but in the end I ran out of shelf-space and was a bit fed up with struggling with large books making my sore shoulder hurt more I got used to the Kindle in no time and now can't think why I didn't go for it sooner

Sounds a bit like carrot cake - you can't really taste the carrot, but you can tell yourself it's good for you
                Still...nicely done!

Aha! Yes! Thank you! You are brilliant!

At my house...we're out of book shelf space. I have a nice pile on the floor going that contains books from college and other thick books I've bought over the past two years. Three neat rows right in front of the shelf (our shelf, er, covers a whole wall). That's another thing about e-books...space! So do you have an account for all the books or are they all just on the Kindle? (If you lose it or break it, you wouldn't have to buy everything again, right?)

Pretty much like carrot cake.

Comment

So do you have an account for all the books or are they all just on the Kindle? (If you lose it or break it, you wouldn't have to buy everything again, right?)

Amazon has all your books in your account so if you get a new device you can just sync them up again. Or if you run out of room you can remove the ones you aren't reading, but they would still be available for you to download again.

I love my Kindle. I got it for my birthday a year ago (March) and I use it practically every day. I walk to the park on my lunch hour and read there. Much easier to lug around than books. And I love that I can lay in bed on my side and read much easier

Comment

Still...nicely done!

Aha! Yes! Thank you! You are brilliant!
                    Thanks

At my house...we're out of book shelf space. I have a nice pile on the floor going that contains books from college and other thick books I've bought over the past two years. Three neat rows right in front of the shelf (our shelf, er, covers a whole wall). That's another thing about e-books...space! So do you have an account for all the books or are they all just on the Kindle? (If you lose it or break it, you wouldn't have to buy everything again, right?)

That's right. I got my Kindle through Amazon, where my account is set up for 'One-click' buying. I can either go to Amazon through the Kindle or on my laptop and when I find a book I want I just click 'buy with one-click' and it uploads straight to the Kindle. A record is kept of all the books I've bought, just in case I need to re-upload them I don't know how it works when uploading books from sources other than Amazon - haven't tried that yet - but I'd guess there's a similar storage method available. Alternatively, I guess it's possible to upload to a pc for back-up

Comment

Thanks

That's right. I got my Kindle through Amazon, where my account is set up for 'One-click' buying. I can either go to Amazon through the Kindle or on my laptop and when I find a book I want I just click 'buy with one-click' and it uploads straight to the Kindle. A record is kept of all the books I've bought, just in case I need to re-upload them I don't know how it works when uploading books from sources other than Amazon - haven't tried that yet - but I'd guess there's a similar storage method available. Alternatively, I guess it's possible to upload to a pc for back-up

I have an early(ish) Sony E-reader (and Ellie was lucky enough to be given a Kobo a little while ago) I love my portable library. I use Calibre software to store all my books on the Laptop and transfer to the device - it doesn't have the wireless feature of the Kindle. I think the same software works with the Kindle as a backup program. My only problem is that I like to have a 'hardcopy' to read in the house and then a copy on the E-Reader to take with me so I'm not lugging a book around with me..... probably a good thing that buying books is my only vice!!
                      sigpic
                      Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Heh! We passed the 1,000,000 views mark

*goes to catch up*
                        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

WooHoo people.

Just posted this in the Gabit thread - apologies to anyone not interested!

You probably know already that Julia's Torch Day is looming exceedingly close now - the 24th...

As such, a few of us are donating to Sanctuary for Kids in honour of the whole carrying fire thing, and would like to invite anyone and everyone who so wishes to join in.
                          The tag for the venture is: #TorchFaceLondon2012

Even if you do not wish to donate, spreading the tag around would be greatly appreciated.

And we'd also like to thank everyone who has shown support and helped us get to this point, it's going to be memorable

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                            Amazon has all your books in your account so if you get a new device you can just sync them up again. Or if you run out of room you can remove the ones you aren't reading, but they would still be available for you to download again.

I love my Kindle. I got it for my birthday a year ago (March) and I use it practically every day. I walk to the park on my lunch hour and read there. Much easier to lug around than books. And I love that I can lay in bed on my side and read much easier
                            Thanks

Oh, okay, thanks! That makes sense. They're quite efficient then.

*goes to catch up*
                            Woohooo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                              I have an early(ish) Sony E-reader (and Ellie was lucky enough to be given a Kobo a little while ago) I love my portable library. I use Calibre software to store all my books on the Laptop and transfer to the device - it doesn't have the wireless feature of the Kindle. I think the same software works with the Kindle as a backup program. My only problem is that I like to have a 'hardcopy' to read in the house and then a copy on the E-Reader to take with me so I'm not lugging a book around with me..... probably a good thing that buying books is my only vice!!
                              Ah, that's interesting to know - thanks

I wish buying books were my only vice.........

*goes to catch up*
                              It's now 1,000,260 - that's a lot of views in 40 minutes

Come on, own up! Which WooHoo has her finger on the refresh button?

*waves to Mayo* Thanks for the info

Comment

Hi

Anyone want to buy me a kindle?

Step-dad had me sell his on Ebay a while back - made me sad Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X