The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, you made me go back and read it

And I really think those comments bear repeating.........

Spoilered for length.....

Spoiler:
    The things people say about Martin (source IMDb boards)

“Every time the 'Directed By Martin Wood' comes up me, my sis and dad all cheer cause we all know it's going to be a good episode (Atlantis). I mean did any of you see all three parts of The Siege. Totally awesome and all done by MW.”

”Martin Wood is so freaking awesome, man.”

“I have been trying to get more info about Martin as well. I love him on the behind the scenes stuff as well. If anyone has any info on this man PLEASE share. I'm guessing he's one of those who's strictly private.”

“If Martin can read this: my admiration for you Sir, you are one of the best TV or film directors in the world.”

“Martin is one of the best television directors around. And he just is not getting the praise that he deserves!! He has made such a contribution, especially to SG-1, and frankly I don't understand why he has not gotten more recognition. He Is often on the behind the scenes stuff from Stargate and he is so funny and nice as well when they interview him, he's great!!! I would like to know why no one has filled in a profile for this lovely man, does he have a family? How old is he.. all the good stuff, the details ... more about this amazing man... I have no clue and I would love to know simply because he is SOOO talented!!!!”

“I have had the pleasure of working as a background extra on SGA a couple times with Mr. Wood as director. He is such a humble and down to earth guy. Typically a director doesn't have a lot of time to talk to background extras, but Mr. Wood makes the time. He is a super positive guy and conducts the respect of everyone on set, while at the same time remaining friendly and encouraging.”

“It TRULY is amazing how little recognition this man gets. EVERYTHING He directs is absolutely fantastic and always a pleasure to watch. His sense of humour never fails to amuse and I get so excited when he does the audio commentaries, he manages to educate you and make you laugh at the same time.”

”Should Mr. Martin Wood ever have enough free time to read this, You TRULY are admired and appreciated.”

“You can definitely tell that he's an exceptional director.
    Ever noticed how some of the later season action scenes in Stargate SG-1 just don't look proper? Its hard to explain, but it looks like they're not doing a good job lighting the scene or something, and they don't do any of the cool fancy one-shot movements (Wood talks about those types of shots all the time in the audio commentaries). I see this with new directors on shows, maybe its some new style or something.
    When Martin Wood or Peter DeLuise are directing, however, I never notice anything (anything that could concern the the directing anyway) that distracts you from just enjoying the show. This is probably part of the reason why he doesn't get any recognition, because he's doing his job well enough that you're paying attention to the story instead of sloppy directing.”

And I have to say, every word is true

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      Ah! I see

You went back to page 1? I haven't been there for a while.........
      I did for the sig. I tried to come up with random wrds and got the idea to steal others'.

It was sitting just above where I was typing my reply and the text just caught my eye whilst I was staring at the pic
      Ah.

Ok, you made me go back and read it

And I really think those comments bear repeating.........

Spoilered for length.....

Spoiler:
      The things people say about Martin (source IMDb boards)

“Every time the 'Directed By Martin Wood' comes up me, my sis and dad all cheer cause we all know it's going to be a good episode (Atlantis). I mean did any of you see all three parts of The Siege. Totally awesome and all done by MW.”

”Martin Wood is so freaking awesome, man.”

“I have been trying to get more info about Martin as well. I love him on the behind the scenes stuff as well. If anyone has any info on this man PLEASE share. I'm guessing he's one of those who's strictly private.”

“If Martin can read this: my admiration for you Sir, you are one of the best TV or film directors in the world.”

“Martin is one of the best television directors around. And he just is not getting the praise that he deserves!! He has made such a contribution, especially to SG-1, and frankly I don't understand why he has not gotten more recognition. He Is often on the behind the scenes stuff from Stargate and he is so funny and nice as well when they interview him, he's great!!! I would like to know why no one has filled in a profile for this lovely man, does he have a family? How old is he.. all the good stuff, the details ... more about this amazing man... I have no clue and I would love to know simply because he is SOOO talented!!!!”

“I have had the pleasure of working as a background extra on SGA a couple times with Mr. Wood as director. He is such a humble and down to earth guy. Typically a director doesn't have a lot of time to talk to background extras, but Mr. Wood makes the time. He is a super positive guy and conducts the respect of everyone on set, while at the same time remaining friendly and encouraging.”

“It TRULY is amazing how little recognition this man gets. EVERYTHING He directs is absolutely fantastic and always a pleasure to watch. His sense of humour never fails to amuse and I get so excited when he does the audio commentaries, he manages to educate you and make you laugh at the same time.”

”Should Mr. Martin Wood ever have enough free time to read this, You TRULY are admired and appreciated.”

“You can definitely tell that he's an exceptional director.
      Ever noticed how some of the later season action scenes in Stargate SG-1 just don't look proper? Its hard to explain, but it looks like they're not doing a good job lighting the scene or something, and they don't do any of the cool fancy one-shot movements (Wood talks about those types of shots all the time in the audio commentaries). I see this with new directors on shows, maybe its some new style or something.
      When Martin Wood or Peter DeLuise are directing, however, I never notice anything (anything that could concern the the directing anyway) that distracts you from just enjoying the show. This is probably part of the reason why he doesn't get any recognition, because he's doing his job well enough that you're paying attention to the story instead of sloppy directing.”

And I have to say, every word is true

It sure is true and that was even before this thread happened
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
        I did for the sig. I tried to come up with random words and got the idea to steal others'.
        Always a good idea to do that - I'm always searching quote websites

Ah.

It sure is true and that was even before this thread happened
        Yup, and before we knew just how Awesome and clever and nice and sweet and cuddly and se ......... um

Before we knew anything other than that he is The Best at what he does

Comment

It's the holiday season and the next shipper celebration is just around the corner.

Please Join Us for Shipmas!!!!

Spoiler:

Art by Treknik.

Come share your Sam/Jack Fics, Vids, and Art
          Or just stop by to say hello and chat about our favorite couple!

And spread the word by using the official Shipmas Sig and Avi.

We'll see you at the party!

Comment

Oh flip. I could have sworn I posted earlier...

Hmm, I did. How come I couldn't find it before.

*glances at half smoked broccoli and decides not to touch it.*

Er... hmm can't remember what I wanted to say now...

... oh, that was it, Martin is Awesome. Just that.

I'm sure someone mentioned the word MartinSpam a page or two ago and I have yet to see major spammage so, well, here's what I think.

Woodnight Woohoos.
            sigpic

Comment

I just realized that it's after 7 pm and I haven't posted this afternoon's bits! Shame on me.

sigpic

Comment

*crawls in*
                *waves to Nola*

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                Hi Woohoos!

Interesting news. I found out today that the place I was just working may have a full-time position coming open. It would be the perfect situation while I wait to go to Canada because I like working there, I'll actually be doing midwifery, and I'm already credentialed at that hospital. So, fingers crossed! I'm going to call them on Monday to see what's up.
                It's Monday! News?

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                There need to be more hours in the day and more days in the week (but only the non-work hours and days, naturally ) - there's never enough time to fit everyone and everything in
                Eh. Tru dat.

So... now that we've passed the half way mark...
                Is Sancuary S4 going to be the best season so far?
                It certainly is quite good for now! But as someone said (Jann? I forgot to quote!) it all changed in the second part last year. I'm optomistic though! It certainly was really good until now, I don't see why that would change.

Icebreaker
                Spoiler:
                I thought it was really good! I didn't see the hour pass. I started to suspect Helen/Will at some point near the end, but I thought only one of them was a Magoy(sp?). The moment the real!Helen and Will entered though, I knew the ending. I absolutely LOVED the two Helens arguing scene!

Really good episode!

I don't know if it'll be one I'll rewatch often though. We'll see.

Fugue
                Spoiler:
                OMG. I can't wait!

I saw the promo and sneak peeks, but I still don't know what to expect. I have no ideas or expectations in my head, I'll just take it on Friday night. But I'm really, really intrigued. Looking forward to it!

Official WooHoodStock Administration Office Announcement Final Stage Shout Out
                As written up by the WooHoodStock Administration Office Officer

Sekrit Santa

If you want to join Sekrit Santa this year, you still have a few days to PM me.
                So far, I have only two WooHoos signed up

OK, that was a lie, but it works on TV!

All you have to do is fill out the enclosed form and send it to DutchIndeed by PM or carrier pigeon.
                ...and create a gift later on.
                ...and receive with grace and ...glee.

<snippy>
                Oh, I guess that answers the question I sent you by PM. *grins*

*hugs Woohoos*
                *flops on couch and falls asleep*
                sigpic
                Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Okay the A4A challenge this week has got me going on simplistic banners - I don't know if you can tell, but this one has coloring on her face. I wanted it to be subtle, but it may be too subtle...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                    Flipping heck. I swear Martinmas gets longer and longer each year.

Well done Tjinta and Jann.

*huggles* Max. Very sorry to hear that you went in to work so such sad news.

*huggles* Laurie. Poobags to insomnia.
                    Insomnia gone for now....been sleeping okay last few nights. I think the problem is I get involved in my writing late at night then I can't turn it off. All of a sudden it is 3 in the morning and my mind has restarted itself and doesn't want to sleep. Going to make a concerted effort to go to bed earlier and leave the "mind" stuff for earlier in the day/evening!

Sorry Jumble - Didn't mean for anyone else to catch it....I just wanted it to go away!

Sorry Nolamom - too subtle!

As for Icebreaker
                    Spoiler:
                    I loved the episode. Very well done. I basically caught on that Helen and Will were imposters, and when Declan said he saw something then shrugged it off - that was the plane landing! I also thought that Will was going backwards in maturity, but remember they get their perception of people from what others think. He hasn't impressed Henry enough I guess. All in all - great season so far. Each season is better than the next!

As for Fugue
                    Spoiler:
                    I am trying to be neutral with it. I don't want to make up my mind until after I see the episode. And as far as I'm concerned - the episodes that aren't as good as others are still far better than anything else on TV! Therefore - my personal opinion - every episode is at the minimum - good and it goes up from there. BTW - from what I heard, Abby has a great voice. But I really hope that the "Big Guy" also gets a chance at singing. Henry or course, since he is a professional singer. Would be fun if we had a little "vampire" singing as well!
                    Last edited by llp; 21 November 2011, 05:12 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the support fellow WhoHoos. It is much appreciated. Work is going to be really hard now, everyone is still so sad and somber.

I don't know how i will make it through.

Well a little popping into the this thread is always help.

Thanks again guys.

IceBreaker

Spoiler:
                      I thought it was a great stand alone episode, that tied nicely into the whole hollow earth abnormals seeking help. I didn't suspect a bit oddness about Will comments of Helen training with Yoda...not really something i think his character would say, more of a Henry comment.

Fugue

Spoiler:
                      super excited for this episode...and after seeing the promo i think it will be a great story. But i will remain skeptical until i see it.
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

You're very welcome Max - WooHoo hugs and support are always available

*hugs*

See?

Nola, the colouring is a little too subtle, but it's a lovely sig
                        Last edited by Jumble; 22 November 2011, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Yes, well I thought maybe it was too subtle, especially for such a small size.

Extra huggles to ((max))

News from MoB????
                          sigpic

Comment

I went to bed so early that I woke up at around 7am this am....It has warmed up here, but only because it is raining. It's 46* (8*C) and that's the warmest it's been here for some time.

So, I better do some work on that Xmas picture.....why did I sign up....I have no talent for art work! Oh well, a commitment is just that!

Good luck on the cup race Eh-T.....hope one of the teams win!

Jumble - I am sending you something in a few days (and no, it isn't an Xmas gift ) ....I'll let you know how I mail it and when it leaves here. Once you get it I will explain (well some of the explanation - a girl has to have a few secrets)! Hee Hee Hee Hee Hee Hee

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                              Yes, well I thought maybe it was too subtle, especially for such a small size.
                              But it's still a lovely sig! You could always put a colour or gradient layer over it and set it to screen or reduce the transparency - that wood give it a subtle tint

Extra huggles to ((max))

News from MoB????
                              Not yet........

Originally posted by llp View Post
                              I went to bed so early that I woke up at around 7am this am....It has warmed up here, but only because it is raining. It's 46* (8*C) and that's the warmest it's been here for some time.

So, I better do some work on that Xmas picture.....why did I sign up....I have no talent for art work! Oh well, a commitment is just that!
                              It really doesn't have to be anything fancy - you could just choose a picture and write a seasonal message on it

Good luck on the cup race Eh-T.....hope one of the teams win!

Jumble - I am sending you something in a few days (and no, it isn't an Xmas gift http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/a...kiss/Character smily faces/083be4a4f3cb.gif ) ....I'll let you know how I mail it and when it leaves here. Once you get it I will explain (well some of the explanation - a girl has to have a few secrets)! Hee Hee Hee Hee Hee Hee

http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae294/llperkiss/A bunch of little symbols and people/snoopyhappydance.gif
                              Hm...... now what it could be?

*imagines*

If you've kidnapped Martin to send to me, please send him by express post and make sure you include some chocolate for the journey Woodn't want him to go hungry

And airholes Make sure there are plenty of airholes!

And anyway, he can't stay at my house

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                                Oh, I guess that answers the question I sent you by PM. *grins*
                                Yes, it kind of does.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                                Okay the A4A challenge this week has got me going on simplistic banners - I don't know if you can tell, but this one has coloring on her face. I wanted it to be subtle, but it may be too subtle...
                                http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...olorizedAT.jpg
                                I think I like it better too subtle.

Originally posted by max_omega View Post
                                Thanks for the support fellow WhoHoos. It is much appreciated. Work is going to be really hard now, everyone is still so sad and somber.

I don't know how i will make it through.

Well a little popping into the this thread is always help.

Thanks again guys.
                                *more hugs*

If you've kidnapped Martin to send to me, please send him by express post and make sure you include some chocolate for the journey Woodn't want him to go hungry

And airholes Make sure there are plenty of airholes!

And anyway, he can't stay at my house

Really?
                                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Working...
                                X