Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    Well yes, there's that

Honestly, I'm still reeling from the effects of meeting Martin and Amanda! Such Amazingly Awesome people And nice. You know, really nice
    Hmmmm! Didn't realize that Martin and Amanda had such an affect on you!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
      Hmmmm! Didn't realize that Martin and Amanda had such an affect on you!

Don't ever underestimate the Tapping Effect

You know how we're always looking for a differenct word for Martin rather than always calling him Awesome? Well Amanda gave me the right word for him. It's not an amazingly awesomely stunning word, but it really does fit him.... in fact, it fits them both...... it's...

Spoiler:
      Genuine!!!

Comment

Here's the vid of Suz and Wrex doing their Class 1 dressage event. Dressage is not that exciting to watch at this level, it's all about control and posture, and being able to follow the instructions being called out to you. Wrex at 2 years old is still a baby in horse terms and is still only a learner

It's not Wrex making all the noise, it's a horse standing behind me.

Comment

Morning all!

I just woke up from the weirdest dream. I think it calls for the mad interp skillz of Jumble and Bekki. And, of course, anyone else who wants to take a crack at it!

I was back in school at McGill, studying voice, but taking an English Lit course which I could get credit for in English or Spanish. Also, I was not there with the people I went to school with, the AT5-ers were my classmates. And while the school was still in Montreal, the currency was British Pounds, and the landmarks were from NYC. Okay, so I'm heading to the bookstore with friends to pick up some books for this class and we decide to stop for a beer on the way. We get to the head of the line and all the beers look unfamiliar, so I ask the bartender which is a good darker beer. He points one out, I agree to it, then the bill comes. That beer just cost me 24 POUNDS. YIKES! But it was already poured, so I signed the credit card slip, which was a knife blade, and walked away, thinking WTF!

Then I woke up...

I'm off to watch Suz and Wrex in their dressage competition
          Ooh. Good luck!!

Originally posted by josiane View Post
          Morning Woohoos

I don't know what got into me that weekend
          The Tapping Effect?

Originally posted by josiane View Post
          Wow, MoB, and not in a good way It breaks my heart to think of kids having kids before they've had time to finish being kids themselves
          +

Mine too There's a little girl being fostered by my neighbours who looks around 12 and she's about 7 months along. What chance have either of them got?
          = Yeah. You know, the 14 year old just about did me in. We actually had 2 12 year olds last year, and this one was more shocking to me just because those 12 year-olds acted and looked more like they were 16. This 14 year old acted about 9. She was in the waiting area with her girlfriend giggling and looking at stuff on their phones.

The 17 year-old was extremely mature, but when you've been a mother since you were 12, and responsible for the child, you will grow up fast. But it is sad that this girl never had a childhood.

Most of our girls who are under 16 still live at home and their mothers raise the child. It's NOT an MTV 'teen mom' kind of thing where these kids are left to fend for themselves. But it still calls upon something extra to take care of these girls properly and make them feel safe and not judged.

The 20 y-o is the one that had me taking 5 minutes to myself in my exam room after because I was on the verge of tears. This has been the unending pregnancy. It wasn't planned, I don't think she wants this baby, but the pressure to have it and keep it is making this poor child absolutely unbearably miserable. *sigh*

Okay enough of that. It's SATURDAY, and a new day.

She did really well They don't tell us the results until the end of the day, so we'll have to wait and see whether she gets a rosette or not I got the whole thing on vid, just need to get it uploaded
          Oh yay! Look forward to it.
          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Normally, Wrex is very good when it comes to getting into the horsebox, but today he just didn't want to. Do you know how hard it is to persuade a ton of stubborn 2 year old tantrum-ing horseflesh to do what you want?

And I don't think it helps when there's somebody there giggling behind the camera filming the whole thing

Seven and a half minutes and half a packet of mints was what it took
            Last edited by Jumble; 12 March 2011, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
              Morning all!

I just woke up from the weirdest dream. I think it calls for the mad interp skillz of Jumble and Bekki. And, of course, anyone else who wants to take a crack at it!

I was back in school at McGill, studying voice, but taking an English Lit course which I could get credit for in English or Spanish. Also, I was not there with the people I went to school with, the AT5-ers were my classmates. And while the school was still in Montreal, the currency was British Pounds, and the landmarks were from NYC. Okay, so I'm heading to the bookstore with friends to pick up some books for this class and we decide to stop for a beer on the way. We get to the head of the line and all the beers look unfamiliar, so I ask the bartender which is a good darker beer. He points one out, I agree to it, then the bill comes. That beer just cost me 24 POUNDS. YIKES! But it was already poured, so I signed the credit card slip, which was a knife blade, and walked away, thinking WTF!

Then I woke up...
              Hm. Well it looks like your experience of the WooHoos at AT5 made you feel like a naughty schoolkid again, which you thoroughly enjoyed,obviously I'm guessing that the horrific cost of that beer reflects the state of your credit card bill from that week-end. The knife? Hm. I think I'll leave that part to Bekki

Ooh. Good luck!!

The Tapping Effect?
              Exactly!

= Yeah. You know, the 14 year old just about did me in. We actually had 2 12 year olds last year, and this one was more shocking to me just because those 12 year-olds acted and looked more like they were 16. This 14 year old acted about 9. She was in the waiting area with her girlfriend giggling and looking at stuff on their phones.

The 17 year-old was extremely mature, but when you've been a mother since you were 12, and responsible for the child, you will grow up fast. But it is sad that this girl never had a childhood.

Most of our girls who are under 16 still live at home and their mothers raise the child. It's NOT an MTV 'teen mom' kind of thing where these kids are left to fend for themselves. But it still calls upon something extra to take care of these girls properly and make them feel safe and not judged.

The 20 y-o is the one that had me taking 5 minutes to myself in my exam room after because I was on the verge of tears. This has been the unending pregnancy. It wasn't planned, I don't think she wants this baby, but the pressure to have it and keep it is making this poor child absolutely unbearably miserable. *sigh*
              It staggers me that all this still happens in a so called 'enlightened' age. To quote Jeremy Kyle "Why the heck don't they put something on the end of it?"

Okay enough of that. It's SATURDAY, and a new day.

Oh yay! Look forward to it. http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...ns/ponyrun.gif
              Done! ^^

Comment

Reverting to the norm....

Last edited by Jumble; 12 March 2011, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Jumble: Thanks for posting the vids! And your banners are fabulous as always!

Re: the dream-- my anxiety dreams always seem to be with me back in University x years later with 1 or 2 courses unfinished. All the while my mind is screaming "BUT I HAVE A COPY OF MY DEGREE! WTH?"

Cray-cray.

*hugs*

Gotta go for a run. It's a gorgeous, sunny day.

Oh, and new icons for Sanctuary 20 in 20 here. My episode was Requiem. Still my favorite. Nothing like a little Magnus-crazee.
                  sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Oh, but that wasn't an anxiety dream! Unless you're worried that the WooHoo influence is doing you no good

Hm. I guess I can understand that - but just ignore it and it'll go away

Comment

Oh, but that wasn't an anxiety dream! Unless you're worried that the WooHoo influence is doing you no good

Hm. I guess I can understand that - but just ignore it and it'll go away
                      LOL. It may not have been an anxiety dream, but it sure made me anxious!

The woohoos are only influencing me for the good. It's lovely to be back in touch with my goofy side.

ETA: I did actually go for a run. 4 miles, even though my body was complaining that I'd abused it enough this week TYVM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Jumble - loved the videos. I don't really know much about that type of riding, but I could tell that Suz sat her horse very well and except for the one time that the horse wanted to taste the judge/reader he/she performed very well. I really enjoyed it. As for the second video, I loved it. The horse wasn't going in the "box" unless it was on its terms...and I see who won out! Great fun. Thanks for sharing!
                        sigpic

Comment

Awesome videos Jumble! Second one was funny First one reminds me of the horse riding contests at home! Hope she did well!

MoB so sad to hear that in the current society, with so many ways to prevent pregnancy or whatever that still kids that young get...kids...it's ...sad in a way!
                          sigpic

Comment

Awesome videos, Jumble. I love horses but I could never do that. She should be proud
                            sigpic
                            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

It is sooooo boring to be confined to my apt. I do need to hobble down to the mail boxes sometime. Haven't gotten my mail in days. Then again also haven't gotten any bills.
                              This is ridiculous. Heal heel! The office will bring me up my p/s when it comes, wonder if I can get them to get my mail as well....hmmmm!

Get to go out on Wed ... but only to the doctors office.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                                LOL. It may not have been an anxiety dream, but it sure made me anxious!

The woohoos are only influencing me for the good. It's lovely to be back in touch with my goofy side.
                                This is what we aim for

ETA: I did actually go for a run. 4 miles, even though my body was complaining that I'd abused it enough this week TYVM.
                                I've never been a runner, and I can't take it up now because........ well, you know....... trampolines

Originally posted by llp View Post
                                Jumble - loved the videos. I don't really know much about that type of riding, but I could tell that Suz sat her horse very well and except for the one time that the horse wanted to taste the judge/reader he/she performed very well. I really enjoyed it. As for the second video, I loved it. The horse wasn't going in the "box" unless it was on its terms...and I see who won out! Great fun. Thanks for sharing!
                                Glad you enjoyed them Oh yes, she does sit well and for a youngster Wrex behaves pretty well really. He's only been ridden for a couple of months, so it's quite impressive that he not only accepts being ridden but also tries his best within the dressage limits. Only fair then that he messes about sometimes when it doesn't matter

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                                Awesome videos Jumble! Second one was funny First one reminds me of the horse riding contests at home! Hope she did well!
                                Thank you, and yes, I thought it was hilarious that he woodn't go into the box Suzy was mortified that I was filming it but I told her that it's like when my kids are being naughty in a funny way, it's priceless

MoB so sad to hear that in the current society, with so many ways to prevent pregnancy or whatever that still kids that young get...kids...it's ...sad in a way!
                                It really is sad. I've had the situation more than once where I've cared for a child whilst it's mother was at school. To be fair, in a lot of cases it works out well, where there is a lot of family support for mother and child and they are both surrounded with love and encouragement. In other cases it's not so good, especially where the father takes no responsibility, there is no family support and the young mother is left to cope alone. I've been a lone parent for a lot of my adult life and it was hard, but at least I was an adult. I can't even begin to understand how a 12 or 13 year old wood manage alone

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                                Awesome videos, Jumble. I love horses but I could never do that. She should be proud
                                I'm proud enough for us both Tbh, I'm not a horsey person, I'm scared by the sheer size and power of them, but Suzy has no fear despite being thrown and trampled a few times She just gets right back in the saddle regardless!

Comment

Working...
                                X