The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
    Just a vibe-thing. I can't really explain it. And the longer it went with no opinion, the more the vibe was confirmed.
    Ah, I see

Tbh, I was a bit miffed with myself about it and was reluctant to comment. Martin's favourite ep and I couldn't bring myself to like it?

Comment

Do I want to know what this is?
      It's this:

Charles was a bit of a petrolhead and, as an ex-motor mechanic had driven pretty much all the top makes of supercars except the Aston Martin. I bought him a DB9 driving experience for his birthday this year but... *sigh* he never got to do it. So as a kind of final journey I'm taking his ashes (or, uh cremains ) down to our favourite place in Weymouth/Portland so he'll get a ride in one at least.

It's daft and expensive and probably more for my own gratification than any other reason but soddit, why the heck not!

I have to say, I'm not surprised. I happen to be a Magnus-whump-lover, so I really enjoyed it.
      Can someone please summarise (in spoilers of course) the salient points. I settled in to watch... then the phone rang. Cue hour and a half of chatting to my brother and me being too polite to tell him to shove off and let me enjoy my one night per week where it's TV time.
      All I saw what whump whump whumpety whump. I'm guessing there was more to it than that.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
        Ah, I see

Tbh, I was a bit miffed with myself about it and was reluctant to comment. Martin's favourite ep and I couldn't bring myself to like it?
        Just because you love Martin and his work, doesn't mean that you have to agree with him on everything, but I expect you know that. It just wasn't your thing and that's cool. I'm sure Martin will understand.

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
        1. It's this:

Charles was a bit of a petrolhead and, as an ex-motor mechanic had driven pretty much all the top makes of supercars except the Aston Martin. I bought him a DB9 driving experience for his birthday this year but... *sigh* he never got to do it. So as a kind of final journey I'm taking his ashes (or, uh cremains ) down to our favourite place in Weymouth/Portland so he'll get a ride in one at least.

It's daft and expensive and probably more for my own gratification than any other reason but soddit, why the heck not!

2. Can someone please summarise (in spoilers of course) the salient points. I settled in to watch... then the phone rang. Cue hour and a half of chatting to my brother and me being too polite to tell him to shove off and let me enjoy my one night per week where it's TV time.
        All I saw what whump whump whumpety whump. I'm guessing there was more to it than that.
        1. I think that is a splendid idea and will probably bring you a lot of peace in the end.

2. I will try, but I need a nap first. Working the night shift tonight and I have to leave for a work-meeting at 5:30 before-hand, so early nap it is today.
        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Just because you love Martin and his work, doesn't mean that you have to agree with him on everything, but I expect you know that. It just wasn't your thing and that's cool. I'm sure Martin will understand. http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x.../thfriends.gif
          I do know that, and frankly I don't think he'd care much anyway. I guess I'm just disappointed that I couldn't like an ep that he was obviously so pleased with

Breach

Spoiler:
          I recognise that the writing, acting and directing were all excellently done. But I have a problem with violence between men and women. I couldn've coped with some, but it went on too much for me and I actually turned it off. On second viewing I was more pepared, but even so I hated it so much that I probably didn't pick up on most of the underlying story. Definitely one I won't watch again. It also made me realise why I didn't like Pavour Nocturnus in S2 when everybody else seemed to think it was so good

So no, definitely not my thing.

1. I think that is a splendid idea and will probably bring you a lot of peace in the end. http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...ns/bearhug.gif
          Definitely!

Comment

*waves* Evening all .

*squishy huggles Joe*

Cags that car is incredible! And expensive, but definitely worth it if you ask me *hugs*

Just finished putting up my Christmas lights . I was going to wait a while but what with all this snow I figured what the hell! Definitely getting in the Christmas spirit now .

*huggles all*
            *twirls out to continue pottering*

Comment

*runz through thread, trailing laundry behind*

Snazzy car, Cags! Seeeexy!

*snuggles Joe again, hands him socks to fold*
              sigpic

Comment

Sanctuary S3 Podcommentaries!!!!!

Comment

Woot! Mustn't listen until I've seen the eps though...

In unrelated news - Spudly and Kerry have both just turned up in this episode of ER I'm watching !

Comment

*bounces*

Comment

Ooh Cags, that is one awesome car! That's the way.

*hugs WooHoos*

*hugs Joe*

Breach (now that we're there... )
                      Spoiler:
                      I LOVED the way it looked, I loved the whump and the 'tension' between Helen and Adam and I think the latter is an awesome bad guy.
                      ...But it wasn't one of my favorite eps. I liked it and it was made in a great way, though.

Sanctuary S3 Podcommentaries!!!!!
                      Listened this afternoon and I kept thinking: My gosh... It's the spoken version of WooHoodStock!

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                      Woot! Mustn't listen until I've seen the eps though...

In unrelated news - Spudly and Kerry have both just turned up in this episode of ER I'm watching !
                      Heh. Did they have babies?
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                        Ooh Cags, that is one awesome car! That's the way.

*hugs WooHoos*

*hugs Joe*

Breach (now that we're there... )
                        Spoiler:
                        I LOVED the way it looked, I loved the whump and the 'tension' between Helen and Adam and I think the latter is an awesome bad guy.
                        ...But it wasn't one of my favorite eps. I liked it and it was made in a great way, though.

Listened this afternoon and I kept thinking: My gosh... It's the spoken version of WooHoodStock!
                        They certainly sound like they've been at the broccoli

Hang on........... you listened to them this afternoon and you didn't post the link????

Bad WooHoo!!

Comment

Don't worry Sarai, there aren't any spoilers. So far on K3 they've hardly mentioned the ep at all Just having a laugh and telling Martin off for giving away all the productions secrets, like he always does

As in "That's not real, that is, but that isn't.............."

Comment

They certainly sound like they've been at the broccoli

Hang on........... you listened to them this afternoon and you didn't post the link????

Bad WooHoo!!
                            Heck yeah!
                            And um... yeah...

...I could sing to make up? Heh.
                            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                              Heh. Did they have babies?
                              *shudders*

Thanks Jumble. Let me know if they mention anything spoilerish but otherwise I'll jump on in !!

Comment

Don't worry Sarai, there aren't any spoilers. So far on K3 they've hardly mentioned the ep at all Just having a laugh and telling Martin off for giving away all the productions secrets, like he always does

As in "That's not real, that is, but that isn't.............."
                                And the same goes for the second podcast.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X