This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An idea for one of the podcasts:

Perhaps you could talk about the several musical themes introduced in Stargate, such as the Jaffa theme, Sam/Jack theme, Asgard, Nox, Ori, etc. And talk about which one remained really memorable. Having some sound clips of those themes would also benefit the podcast.
    sigpic

Comment

Based on the review with Prodigal.

I think the beginning was important to show some of the character moments and to show how big Atlantis really is. I liked that aspect of the episode. I knew Michael was going to be in this episode, and I liked how they flashed back how he was able to get control of Atlantis.

I have to agree with Darren, that this episode delivered and also met my expectations, even surpassed them.

I think Connor did an amazing acting job and really raised the bar in this episode.

I also loved the use of the Stargate! That is Stargate 101 in the action!

Sorry Tame, did not notice the biceps.

The last act was likely one of the most intense moments of the Stargate Atlantis series. The camera angle, music, and the action got my blood pumping. I totally agree felt like the Matrix, lol.

Teyla was just great in the episode, and the last scene with Michael was just so well done. I have watched this episode 7 times now. Overall a great team episode, with great character moments and drama with lots of action!
      Last edited by Briangate78; 12 November 2008, 06:52 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        Sorry Tame, did not notice the biceps.
        Aww its alright..I just threw that out there for the Ronon fans ..they never get any shout outs and he does have great arms
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
          Aww its alright..I just threw that out there for the Ronon fans ..they never get any shout outs and he does have great arms
          They're even better in person. Sigh.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Well being a guy I tend to look more at the woman closely.

BTW, Do you think this ep will get a 3 star rating from GW? I think with just the last act alone it should uptick any flaws from the beginning of the ep. To me it was 4 out of 4 stars all the way, but that is just me. I think the characters were great, the story was solid, and the action was above par with some really exciting stunt cordination scenes.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy View Post
              They're even better in person. Sigh.
              *is jealous*
              Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              Well being a guy I tend to look more at the woman closely.

BTW, Do you think this ep will get a 3 star rating from GW? I think with just the last act alone it should uptick any flaws from the beginning of the ep. To me it was 4 out of 4 stars all the way, but that is just me. I think the characters were great, the story was solid, and the action was above par with some really exciting stunt cordination scenes.
              ...you and many others...including *The Boys*

There were many aspects of the episode that I believe warrant a 3-star rating..but in the end its Darren's call after viewing and analyzing all the feedback
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

love the podcast guys. been a lurker on and off for years on the forums, reader of the site as well, and the podcast condenses the news and stuff into a neat package (being a huge science fiction fan, the amount of sites and forums I visit for news and fan discussion of various tv shows is a large amount).

really the podcast is top notch, very professional sounding, definite segments in each episode, etc

don't ever stop

Comment

I was excited when I heard your voice! I was like Yay!!!! I enjoy having a fellow female in there. It's great when you give those shout outs about things that those two guys don't notice.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargatelvr View Post
                    I was excited when I heard your voice! I was like Yay!!!! I enjoy having a fellow female in there. It's great when you give those shout outs about things that those two guys don't notice.
                    WOOT!!! A Fan post..I LOVE YOU!!! thank you I am happy to be the female voice any time you made my day

Comment

WOOT!!! A Fan post..I LOVE YOU!!! thank you I am happy to be the female voice any time you made my day
                      I enjoyed the podcast as well. I just got sad when I reminded that there are only 6 more original SGA eps left. SGA has gone by so fast compared to SG-1. Well I hope the movies prove to be a success so that we get many more SGA movies.
                      sigpic

Comment

Finally got around to listening to the podcast, im with Darren, Michael was interesting in the first episode but dwindled since then. Anyways I was referring to Search & Rescue although I don't remember Michael in it. And I totally forgot Whispers was a Michael facility because I am that uninterested in his character I usually ignore when his name comes up.

I like the Athosian characters, but not Athosian centered episodes. I would have loved to see more episodes with the Travelers and the Taranians. The Travelers are the most interesting race we know so little about since the Nox.

Comment

Originally posted by quade_1 View Post
                          Finally got around to listening to the podcast, im with Darren, Michael was interesting in the first episode but dwindled since then. Anyways I was referring to Search & Rescue although I don't remember Michael in it. And I totally forgot Whispers was a Michael facility because I am that uninterested in his character I usually ignore when his name comes up.

I like the Athosian characters, but not Athosian centered episodes. I would have loved to see more episodes with the Travelers and the Taranians. The Travelers are the most interesting race we know so little about since the Nox.
                          Well I think Darren was saying that the Michael in this episode was more like the original Michael we saw in Season 2 and then early season 3! The only ep I thought Michael was not really used to his potential was in "Search and Rescue".
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                            Episode #18 is now available!

The Wraith hybrid Michael returns in "The Prodigal," the latest episode of Stargate Atlantis! Darren and David discuss the episode with special guest Tame Farrar, one of our beloved moderators at GateWorld Forum. Was Michael's return satisfying? What about his goals, controversial decisions, and his relationship with Teyla?

Also this week:

Preview! Podcast listeners get an exclusive preview of this week's interview with "Apophis" actor Peter Williams.

News! Breaking news from the Stargate universe

Features! The latest special features from GateWorld

Listener Mail! Listeners share their opinions on Michael.

Listener Question: As Stargate Atlantis heads into its final six episodes, what do you think of the original races introduced on the show? Other than the Wraith, have you found those "supporting character" races like the Athosians, the Genii, the Satedans, and the Travelers to be interesting and well-used? Which one is your favorite?

CALL US! You can call the hotline and leave us a voicemail any time, day or night. Tell us what you thought of the newest Atlantis episode, answer the weekly listener question, leave feedback on the podcast itself, or talk about anything you want.

Dial: 616-712-1647 (long distance rates apply)

Thanks to everyone for listening and contributing!
                            As far as a race I love to hate it would have to be the Genii. The trick to any good villian is to be able to see their side and the Genii do that in many ways. They just choose to be bullies in order to get what they want. I also enjoy the Satedans if only for the fact that they add background to Ronan's story and I'm all for adding more than one dimention to him.
                            The big race that lacks for me, however, is the Athosians. Just like Talia they have been underdeveloped and written badly and when no one knew what to do with them they were thrown on the main land and only mentioned again when they "disappeared". It's an obvious misuse of characters.
                            Thanks,
                            Mac Jackson
                            Singer/Songwriter of
                            "Harmony Constant"
                            [email protected]
                            myspace.com/harmonyconstant
                            youtube.com/MacWJack
                            Our Music is at iTunes and Amazon:
                            http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...tant&x=19&y=22

Comment

This was my first podcast, and I truly enjoyed it. I don't know why I waited so long!
                              I loved the episode "Prodigal" and give it a 9 out of 10, as well. It was one of my faves. Like Tame, I liked the reparte between Wolsey and Ronan at the beginning and end, (including the biceps.) And I, too, was ecstatic that Ronan finally got to use those biceps on Michael. He had great fight scenes in this ep. (Love those fight scenes.)
                              I agreed with a lot of your comments, particularly about Michael. Your observations of the unexplained were all brought up in our home, as well. But we had one more. How could Michael fly a puddle jumper? He doesn't have the right "genetic make-up!" Explain that one.
                              I must also weigh in on your comments about the ethics of Teyla not saving Michael. I don't recall the ep title, but Ronan did the same thing when he killed his former mentor who had betrayed the Satedans. Teyla wasn't angry that he'd killed him, just that he'd lied and used her to do it. She told him not to mention it to the others only because they wouldn't understand, since it wasn't their way. But it obviously is the way they do things in the Pegasus Galaxy. (Just like it was ok wit the Klingons on ST:TNG for Worf to kill Duras for murdering Kaylar.) So, no surprise to me. Besides, Hades hath no fury like an angry Mom!"
                              Just a warning: Don't mess with my offspring!

Comment

Hi-o,

Due to end of school term obligations, I've missed seeing the past few SGA episodes, and so appreciate the the podcast catch-up until I can see them. (Thanks!) A little podcast feedback catching up:

Underdeveloped races:
                                I agree with MacJackson that the Athosian have been way under-explored. We've witness the occasional ceremony or culture clash with them, but then they're off to (self-imposed) exile on the mainland. More regular interaction is implied or mentioned, but never seen. As SGA's 'first friends', it would be nice to hang out with them a little more.

Podcast ideas:
                                * Combining the race and another previous themes, you could do "Other races/peoples gone too soon" --discussing the peoples SGA has encountered (or heard about) but we've never had much follow-up on.

* LTRs, lack thereof: What is it about SGA that prevents anyone from having long-term, beyond-friends relationships? The obvious long distances, and top secret issues aside, why can't anyone seem to get, keep and struggle through a committed relationship? I know that keeping characters single keeps storytelling options open, that fling-of-the-week (which there've not been many of either) adds spice. But still!! Couldn't the battle to maintain the relationship provide good drama? (SG1 had same problem: We can conquer space parasites and demigods, but can't handle 1-1 commitment...)

My $0.02; back to school work...

Comment

Working...
                                X