The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    What? You don't speak Klingon??? Call yourself a Sci-fi fan?
    yeah, shame on me. and even if i would, I doubt there would be any fluffy love-phrases in that language. xD

i checked it and the only phrase that might be a very little romantic would be nlteb Qob qaD jup 'e' chaw'be' Suvwl, which means: a warrior never leaves his friend facing danger alone - i just translated that from a german translation so it might not be accurate xD. But you get the meaning, don't you?

edit: WAIT i found something better: vay' DaneHbogh ylchargh which means: conquer what you desire!

(c) http://www.newstrekker.com/archiv/klingon_zitate.htm

Comment

That what I thought

Jaffa! Kree!

Well 'Kree' has many meanings, so that could mean 'I love oranges'
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by Fainne View Post
        yeah, shame on me. and even if i would, I doubt there would be any fluffy love-phrases in that language. xD

i checked it and the only phrase that might be a very little romantic would be nlteb Qob qaD jup 'e' chaw'be' Suvwl, which means: a warrior never leaves his friend facing danger alone - i just translated that from a german translation so it might not be accurate xD. But you get the meaning, don't you?

edit: WAIT i found something better: vay' DaneHbogh ylchargh which means: conquer what you desire!

(c) http://www.newstrekker.com/archiv/klingon_zitate.htm
        Well done, but I'm not sure that wood fit with an S/J wedding pic...........I mean, which of our warriors wood be doing the conquering?

Edit: You realise Oma is going to kill us when she sees what we've been up to today? Sorry Oma, but you did challenge us

Comment

Well done, but I'm not sure that wood fit with an S/J wedding pic...........I mean, which of our warriors wood be doing the conquering?

Edit: You realise Oma is going to kill us when she sees what we've been up to today? Sorry Oma, but you did challenge us
          yeah i thought about that to. maybe they conquered each other...

well, actually it was my idea with the foreign language, and leia's with the wedding pics *coughs* so no reason for her to be upset *hrrhrr* - oh wait, she will post the challenge entries, right? ok, that might be a reason to be upset xD , sdo many beautiful entries to post...*whistles innocently*

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
            No, you're exactly right
            no, it's true. believe it or not, german and french -even russian - has latin roots
            not to mention English, although that also has roots in Greek

can we use these? i'm not fluent in elvish but i got a dictionary
            yep me too mae govannen, elen sila lumenn' olmentielvo
            the only problem with being fluent is there aren't enough words in the language to be fluent.
            sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Actually, I was thinking more of how many pages of chat we've made whilst producing no artwork At least, I haven't, I'm trying to do a sig for someone and I'm finding it really hard to concentrate on it...............my PS screen has about 25 pics of RDA and Martin open atm..................*sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
                not to mention English, although that also has roots in Greek
                yeah, german has greek roots too
                there are even german words in english language. I just remember someone said "Mist!" during my internship in York, which is actually a german word for crap

yep me too mae govannen, elen sila lumenn' olmentielvo
                the only problem with being fluent is there aren't enough words in the language to be fluent.
                yep, but i heard of people who further developed the language so they are actually fluent in it.
                Actually, I was thinking more of how many pages of chat we've made whilst producing no artwork At least, I haven't, I'm trying to do a sig for someone and I'm finding it really hard to concentrate on it...............my PS screen has about 25 pics of RDA and Martin open atm..................*sigh*
                ah.. right... umm, well we were talking about important things. So we have no spelling mistakes in our entries I'm sure Oma will understand

and I'm off now, need to get some things done for university *sighs* so behave yourself!

Comment

hmm, my dictionary says for "I love you" in latin : te amo or in ancient latin: amo te ... help?

hmm, i don'T like manips either for the same reasons you do jumble. But somehow this pic is fine for me, don'T ask my why. thank you for the manip-quote maybe i'm just too lazy to make the sig again with another pic

'Te Amo' and 'Ti Amo' are both from latin and now are in the Portuguese Language used in Brazil/Portugal and Italy , 'Amo te' is a cult form to say it but many ppl here say 'Amo Te' in letters instead of 'Te amo', i hope i could make any sense to explain it ...

so:

"Te Amo" = Portuguese from Brazil and Portugal (UK) .
                  "Ti Amo" = Italy .
                  Amo Te = is a 'cute' way to say it ...

although all those variations came from Latin ...
                  sigpic

Comment

yeah, german has greek roots too
                    there are even german words in english language. I just remember someone said "Mist!" during my internship in York, which is actually a german word for crap
                    yep, but i heard of people who further developed the language so they are actually fluent in it.

ah.. right... umm, well we were talking about important things. So we have no spelling mistakes in our entries I'm sure Oma will understand

and I'm off now, need to get some things done for university *sighs* so behave yourself!
                    Well I have to pick you up on that one Fainne. You mean 'yourselves', plural

Comment

it had to be done
                      'elvish' sig
                      plea: can we really not say elvish or chinese anymore! there is no such language! My previous sigs were in Mandarin one of the langauges spoken in China, and my next sig is in Sindarin, a member of the elvish group of languages
                      ok /language geekness or not

trans:I love to see your eyes shine when you laugh

if anyone is going to download a tengwar font be careful! most of the time they aren't transliterated correctly this is what I had to type to get the right tengwar:
                      tjF5G a5F~G Ll5G j5é ijG~D ~G Jf4DdD
                      and this is what it should look like transliterated into English:
                      Melin ceni hin lîn s?*la i 'eladhach (where ?* means i acute)
                      sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Thanks for the correction on the language in the sig, I've made the correction

And lookit all the pretty wedding pics! Where's the one where they're actually wearing the rings?
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Ok Aveo, we won't mention Elvish again Lovely sig, that text looks so pretty

Leiasky I don't know about the pic with rings in

Finally 'finished' the sig I was making, but now not sure if it's better with the brushes

or without?

Comment

Jumble I'm going for with But it's awesome both ways

Beautiful Sindarin sig Twin!
                            sigpic
                            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Thanks I think I'll send her both, let her make the decision

Comment

'I love you' in Latin is the same as in Spanish? I never knew that. Learn something new every day!

'Te amo"
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Working...
                                X