The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished!

Now having got that out of my system, maybe I can do the Valenship stuff I planned on doing today

Comment

Hey GimPsers, was there ever a 'Grace' moment for Jack? Where he imagines Sam?

Because I found this great quote, but it's talking about being in each other's dreams. So if I go with Jack in Grace being Sam's dream, I need a pic of Sam being Jack's dream. Help please?

EDIT1: Can I also have the pic of OldJack and OldSam please?

EDIT2: Also, I found a quote that would have been great for the kiss challenge, lol!!!

I'm also going to ask in the Family Thread...
      Last edited by TrueRomantic; 01 February 2009, 12:39 PM.
      sigpic
      Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Hey y'all! I need a translation.

Spoiler:
        you fill me up,
        you're in my veins
        a look could take my breath away
        and all these things, you give away
        sometimes i take for granted
        it's just like poetry inside to hear you breathing by my side
        like i'm in heaven and i've died
        so glad you're with me for this ride

Any and all languages welcome! I haven't decided which to use yet...
        sigpic

Comment

Yes. Good luck with that Luvnjack Have you asked Nad? Dutch can be very pretty

Comment

I've decided that I'm now addicted to making gifs
            ... finished a few more which I posted to the S/J shipfamily thread yesterday.

For some reason when I uploaded to photobucket, the quality of the gifs dropped heaps. They look so much better in gimp... the photo quality is so much clearer. Does anyone know if I'm missing something? Or a way to improve it?
            sigpic

Comment

Here's my challenge sig....although I'm not sure it's quite the thing for Valenship Mind you, the angst is perfect for Ship Day Since Josi's sig was partly responsible for this one (I saw her POV sig and Lili's and had to have a go at my own ), I bugged her for the translation

And a quick tut...

Spoiler:
              Open the two caps (you all know which ones they are, right?). Use the Hue-saturation and Colour Balance filters to change the colour on the wedding pic so it matches more with the pic of Sam (I upped the cyan and blue slightly to take away the red tinge and then lowered the saturation).

Then blend the Wedding pic into the Sam pic using a layer mask.

Next I added this texture on Grain Merge at 100%, with Gaussain Blur at 5.

Next I did the text layers, using Metacopy Ultra Light for the french layers and Nyala for the English one, both white.

Then I added this texture on Lighten Only at 35%. I used the bottom half of it first, then duplicated it and used the top half set on Lighten Only at 60%.

Next I copied all the visible layers and pasted them into a new layer set to Dodge at 40% and desaturate.

Then I made another layer of all the visible layers, and lowered the saturation a little more.

I copied this layer and set to Dodge at 25%

For the border layer I duplicated the last layer, used rectangle select to highlight the centre part of the layer, leaving just a strip of 5 px along the top and bottom. Adde a 1pt stroke, then inverted the selection and deleted the centre part. Finally I added a Gaussain Blur of 2. Set to Dodge at 25%.
              sigpic

Comment

Stars gif making is indeed very addictive, I got caught by that one a couple of weeks ago and just couldn't stop

I don't know about Gimp, but in PS when I save a gif I go File>save for web and devices. That usually reduces the size of the file so that you don't lose the quality when you upload it. Don't know if that helps.........um Oma, Sarai or Josiane might be able to tell you more

Comment

Hey, did you guys just miss my post above, or just can't help me?
                  sigpic

Comment

petite_stars, I always have the same problem when I make gifs from screencaps. When you're making icons it's not too bad. If you want to make a bigger gif like this one,

the only way I've found around it is to use clips and then import them into the gif. If you give me a few mins, I'll find the link to the tutorial I used to make it.

Edit: Any excuse to post Jack's butt
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                      Stars gif making is indeed very addictive, I got caught by that one a couple of weeks ago and just couldn't stop

I don't know about Gimp, but in PS when I save a gif I go File>save for web and devices. That usually reduces the size of the file so that you don't lose the quality when you upload it. Don't know if that helps.........um Oma, Sarai or Josiane might be able to tell you more
                      Thanks jumble! Yeah I think it has something to do with the way I'm saving them. There are a lot of options when I hit the save button, and I'm not sure I'm choosing the right ones!

Gorgeous challenge work everybody Oma I love the sig!! So beautiful and it made me feel AUSam's sadness.
                      sigpic

Comment

Sorry TR, there's never been a time where we've seen Jack imagining a kiss (a least, not where we see the kiss, although I'm sure he's thought of it on many ocassions ).

I don't have either of the old pics either Sorry I can't be more help. You'll find them in the image gallery though
                        sigpic

Comment

Give me a minute TR, I've an awful lot of pics to search through

Edit: Here you go

The ones of Sam are not very good because most of her scenes in Unending were very dark.
                          Last edited by Jumble; 01 February 2009, 02:05 PM.

Comment

have you tried stargatecaps.com or sgstargate1971.com Kim?? you could get caps from there I don't have any I'm afraid
                            sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Here's the link for making Gif's from Clips - well, the post where I put the links to the tuts anyway

The only way to lower the size of the gif once you've saved it is to use less layers. So make the clip, convert it to a gif, then delete all the layers you don't want. Then you can add your text etc.

Hope that helps, although you're gifs look great as they are, I would only bother doing this if you're making bigger gifs with more layers, otherwise it's an awful lot of time and effort
                              sigpic

Comment

Thanks Oma, Jumble. And Jack doesn't have to be imagining kissing Sam. Just Sam in general. She just has to be in his dreams/imagination, even if it's not in a 'good' way, ie. even if she's yelling at him or something.

And yes, I know I could search for them, but I figure that someone has them already, and it would save me time I don't have (homework, company possibly coming over later, cleaning in case company does come, puppy demanding attention-and walks, etc, lol) if I just request and let someone that already has them post them.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X