Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burbank, Baby!!! (Official SG Con, Burbank 2008)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Oh, that's good to hear! I was hoping someone who'd gotten to see Jason up close (either at the breakfast, photo op or autograph signing) could give us some better details.

He also mentioned that he'd had to change sunglasses; apparently, one of the cuts was right on the bridge of his nose, and the nose piece on the other pair of glasses was resting right on top of the cut and irritating it. Owwie
    Yep - Jason had been wearing a pair of black plastic shades at brekkie......

And then during the Q & A......

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    And OMG, the mooning story was made of win! A few more details for those who are curious (yes, I know you all are! ): They had all been out filming on location, Joe Flanigan was driving back in his truck, Jason was zonked out in the back of the cab (Joe must have one of those effin' big trucks!), and so they come up on David driving back in his little Echo. David, of course, doesn't realize that it's Joe and Jason who have come up next to him, and, well, you can just picture the rest.

LMAO Joe told that story last year, but not with so much visual aide..... And I liked the visual aide!!!!

And now off to breakfast. Weeee!!!!!

Is it November now? How 'bout NOW?! NOW?!!!?!? I want it NOW!!!

Comment

Folks. Creation has asked that folks not video tape the panels and while we are not here to enforce Creations rules we do ask that you not advertise that you violated their rules by posting your links to those videos here. If anyone from Creation asks us to we will remove your links.

Thank You
      TameFarrar
      GateWorld Moderator
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I believe he had reconstructive surgery on his eye so most of the stitches would be behind those classes, probably around and even behind his eye

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
          Folks. Creation has asked that folks not video tape the panels and while we are not here to enforce Creations rules we do ask that you not advertise that you violated their rules by posting your links to those videos here. If anyone from Creation asks us to we will remove your links.

Thank You
          TameFarrar
          GateWorld Moderator
          I didn't read Tame's message before i snipped the YouTube link or I would have left things the way she left them, however, folks, if you're gonna break the rules and endanger your ability to ever attend a con again (cons have blacklists you know...people that are not allowed to attend), be smart about it and don't bloody well advertise that you broke the rules to all and sundry.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tal View Post
            I believe he had reconstructive surgery on his eye so most of the stitches would be behind those classes, probably around and even behind his eye
            *nods* And if you take a closer look at the two most recent pics Chelle posted (especially the first one with Jason in the hat), you'll see a little bald spot in Jason's left eyebrow that wasn't there before. Looks like he got another cut there.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

WELL, I finally got home from the airport. Should I keep the tradition alive and start up next year's thread? Haha!

I totally had to...
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=61427
              Last edited by M2W; 24 November 2008, 12:50 PM.
              sigpic

See ya at the con, baby! (L.A. '11) (L.A. '10) (L.A. '09) (Burbank '08) (Burbank '07)

Comment

Hee! Now we're talking!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I've done my first batch of links to photos, reports and more on the Burbank CA Stargate Atlantis convention. There's some great stuff out there!

Link: http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/270491.html

Comment

With the cut on Jason's eyebrow, he may very well have more in common with RDA now than ever.

Note the scar on RDA's right eyebrow.
                    Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

I noticed the similarity in scars, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle View Post
                        Mackenziesmomma -No worries!!! I wish we all could have had more time to hang andenjoy ourselves too!!! But sleep is such a rare commodity at these cons, I'm glad you got to relax.
                        Chelle- I figured you'd understand! I actually am about to hit the bed again here at home. I'm in the process of uploading all my pictures(I have over 250 from one panel alone) and getting them sorted.
                        Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
                        sigpic

Comment

I hope you all had a great time - spotted you - or at least some of you - a few times and you seemed to be having an ok time.

I had a great time myself - lots of fun but am exhausted now. Still at the hotel - passing the time until my flight at 11:30 tonight - then I get to sit on a plane for 15 hours - yay for me... ok, not so much with the yay, but you know..

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                            Tell Jason we're all happy he's doing better!
                            Originally posted by Blue007 View Post
                            That's great news!! Tell him all his fans are wishing him the best Neelan, and all of you have a great weekend!
                            Originally posted by trupi View Post
                            Let him know the Cherry Hill Fans send hugs and kisses!
                            I got to get my Jason autographs third, so while he was signing my GINORMOUS banner, I told him that everyone on GW sent their love and best wishes. Hope that was enough for you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Tal View Post
                              I hope you all had a great time - spotted you - or at least some of you - a few times and you seemed to be having an ok time.

I had a great time myself - lots of fun but am exhausted now. Still at the hotel - passing the time until my flight at 11:30 tonight - then I get to sit on a plane for 15 hours - yay for me... ok, not so much with the yay, but you know..
                              Tal- I looked for you and couldn't find you!!! Sorry I missed you!!! Hope you have a great flight home!
                              Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                                I have to question the wisdom of that decision. The place was packed with just two Con's going on. I wouldn't want to see how much room there isn't going to be with three events taking place at the same time.

And the LAX Marriott? Ugh. Great for those flying into LAX, sucks for the locals.
                                Everyone's said Farscape and SG... just two cons, not three.
                                If anyone has questions about next year's con, check out creationent.com. That's where all the details will be posted first.

Comment

Working...
                                X