Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burbank, Baby!!! (Official SG Con, Burbank 2008)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
    Creation hasn't posted the info on their site yet, but Tal's right. It'll be at the Marriott LAX (which makes it a bit easier for a lot of folks flying in, especially from other countries) and the dates are November 6-8, 2009. It's the same weekend as the Farscape con.
    I thought it was the same weekend as the Firefly con...the weekend of Nov 21.

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
      Apparently they moved it - works for me - just get a late birthday celebration!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
        Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
        Apparently they moved it - works for me - just get a late birthday celebration!
        Yup! They moved it. Gary told us at the con itself that it was going to be the same weekend as the FS con. It'll be clear once they update the website.

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
          Yeah, those songs. They stick even though the kids have no clue what they're singing. My friend's daughter was jumping up and down on her bed one day when she was three singing "Sex and Candy" over and over. I adore little kids.
          I adore them too!!
          I have decided that I can't miss the con in November, so looks like I am having to save up Plus I am supposed to get 1000$ for quiting smoking from my sisters husband at the end of my non smoking year...in just 3 more months!!! Heres to crossing our fingers on that one!

What has everyone been up to?
          Music and Stargate
          sigpic
          Perfection

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake View Post
            I adore them too!!
            I have decided that I can't miss the con in November, so looks like I am having to save up Plus I am supposed to get 1000$ for quiting smoking from my sisters husband at the end of my non smoking year...in just 3 more months!!! Heres to crossing our fingers on that one!

Congrats on quitting smoking (It's not good for you, plus it's nice to get rewarded!)! I wish Creation would put the LA con on their website - I was chatting on LJ last night with someone who's not completely convinced Creation will do the con.

Must start saving money - I'm a grad student and my university has had to make major buget cutbacks - hopefully I'll be able to teach this summer.

Creation did announce Joe F is doing the Chicago con in Aug. so fingers crossed for LA!
            sigpic

Comment

I imagine they HAVE to do the con as people who were there last year bought tickets - at least I assume they did....

Comment

*geeky wave*
                I miss all of you!!!
                Hmmm.... *thinking if it's possible to fly out to Cali for the Farscape/SG con and then fly all the way to London for AT4*
                As crazy as that would be, it just sounds like it would be too much fun not too....
                sigpic
                awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake View Post
                  I adore them too!!

A whole year? That's so INCREDIBLE!!!
                  Do you ever miss it? Have you noticed that you're more sensitive to second-hand smoke now? And have you noticed any change in your own stamina? I've heard that people's lungs start recovering fairly quickly after they quit. CONTRATS!!! That sounds like one AWESOME bonus to me!

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                  I wish Creation would put the LA con on their website - I was chatting on LJ last night with someone who's not completely convinced Creation will do the con.

Must start saving money - I'm a grad student and my university has had to make major buget cutbacks - hopefully I'll be able to teach this summer.
                  They'll post something as soon as they have confirmation on something "big". I think I know what Gary has in mind, but I have no idea how long he'll give it before he starts posting other stuff. Don't worry. The LA con IS going to happen.

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
                  *geeky wave*
                  I miss all of you!!!
                  Hmmm.... *thinking if it's possible to fly out to Cali for the Farscape/SG con and then fly all the way to London for AT4*
                  As crazy as that would be, it just sounds like it would be too much fun not too....
                  SQUIGGLES!!! I think you should... if you have the $$ for the flights. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity, so GO FOR IT!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X