Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burbank, Baby!!! (Official SG Con, Burbank 2008)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prion View Post
    well, I wouldn't worry so much about photo ops myself. I just hope there's no nerve damage and that reconstructive surgery can diminish or eradicate any scarring. Cuts in the face can be very bad

I couldn't see him showing up at the con as he needs to heal and would you want anybody taking photos of your face full of stitches? Don't think so .... it could easily be a cut several inches across the face or a multitude of smaller ones. Either way, not good.
    I'm not going to be there this year, but I hope the fans can get a refund of their money if they bought a photo op with Jason. I agree with you, and he's probably in shock.

Comment

*gasps* Oh, that is awful! I hope that Jason's injuries end up not being as bad as it sounds right now and that he makes a swift recovery.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Wow. that's just so terrible, poor Jason - how frightening for him - I'll miss seeing him this weekend but I'm more concerned for how he's doing.

Comment

Poor Jason. Damage to his face can end his career. Image is everything in Hollywood. If he has a scar, all the producers will see is that scar.

EG, I'm sorry to hear about your review. I know you were concerned about it. But I know you will make it in the long run. Have a great time and try not to let it bother you.
          Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

I just hope Jason is doing ok.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
              Poor Jason. Damage to his face can end his career. Image is everything in Hollywood. If he has a scar, all the producers will see is that scar.

Unfortunately, very true, and 140 stitches is... big. Sometimes scars on guys can be ignored, or Hollywood can use 'em to their advantage, but Jason's good looks ARE his asset so I'm hoping he's got good docs patching him up.

Comment

That's a total bummer about Jason. I hope he's ok.

I'm half way packed and just finishing up my chores before we leave. My mom managed to leave a little early today. But, not by much. So, we'll be leaving at around 6-ish. We have to drop off my brothers at a concert before we are on our way to Burbank.

Only a few more hours now . . .

Comment

Guess what! He IS going to be at the con!
                  What a guy! I emailed the Gary and, in his first reply, he said he hadn't spoken to Julie yet (Jason's manager), but he emailed me back a second time to say "He'll be there!"

I'll make sure everyone takes very good care of him.

Comment

OLIVE GARDEN DINNER TONIGHT!!!

MEET AT 6PM AT THE OLIVE GARDEN
                    1741 N. VICTORY PLACE
                    (818) 559-3640

The restaurant DOES NOT take reservations ahead of time, so I'm going to head there shortly. See everyone there!!!!! =)

Is it November now? How 'bout NOW?! NOW?!!!?!? I want it NOW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
                      What a guy! I emailed the Gary and, in his first reply, he said he hadn't spoken to Julie yet (Jason's manager), but he emailed me back a second time to say "He'll be there!"

Good news!

Also, Mallozzi posted in this blog tonight:

To the many fans out there concerned about Jason Momoa, I spoke to the big guy this afternoon and he’s doing fine. He’s on the mend, in usual high spirits, and looking forward to eventually coming down to Vancouver and kicking some alien ass. I let him know you were all worried about him and he greatly appreciates the thoughts and well-wishes.
                      Tell Jason we're all happy he's doing better!

Comment

Hey guys. It's my first post and I have already run into a number of the Gateworld members here in Burbank for the convention. Little Miss Snowflake there being one of them, a couple Chris named people and a couple Michelles lol. Seem to be like some pretty cool people. Btw nice tat there Snowflake

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post

That's great news!! Tell him all his fans are wishing him the best Neelan, and all of you have a great weekend!
                          Purple's Biggest Fan
                          A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

Hey all! Having soooo much fun so far! We celebrated Snowflake's birthday last night at Olive Garden, had CAKE!!! as per Snowflake's request, ate lots of food, and laughed 'til we squeaked / snorted / hiccupped / cried..... WAY FUN!!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the con this morning, whomever is still looking for their badges please find me in the con, I'll be in (or around! ) seat A18......
                            Last edited by Chelle; 22 November 2008, 08:40 AM.

Is it November now? How 'bout NOW?! NOW?!!!?!? I want it NOW!!!

Comment

Is the room set up the way it was last year?

Comment

Chelle, where are you guys hanging out?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X