Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On Ronon...he was a rip off of Teal'c from the get go. Which is why I rather they had kept Ford and actually wrote for him. The few times I did write fan fic for atlantis, ford was one of the better characters to write for. Ford and Sheppard did make a good banter team.

Then they dropped Ford, hired Ronbo and made the show Stargate Rodney with his side kick John "kirk" Sheppard.

Season 1 had the sga team that did interact and the support from the city.

The team was Sheppard, Ford, McKay and Teyla. They were more balanced and each had interesting development. Ford, Sheppard had the big brother/ little brother banter going. McKay was actually scientist for the team while on the city the lead scientist was Peter Gronin (i believe) and Teyla actually had things to contribute while Wier ran the newly discovered city.

Now, the city is wallpaper like the gate itself. Everything eveolbves around McSheppard. Teyla/ Ronon and team moments are all forced and painful to watch.

There is no real authority in the city and what was the moral compass is no longer there.

I guess woosley is supposed to be the "moral compass" of the show next...hahaha. I think I'm gonna cry.
    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

I like Ronon and Ford equally, so I'm not going to debate which is better. However, it does seem that when Ford was removed the McShep show had more prominence. I like McShep except when its overdone in the shove-up-my-ass kind of way.

Ford was like the kid. He pretty much was one. Once he was gone, who got the kiddie lines? Mostly Rodney but also Shep. I don't mind the two joking. But as of lately in season four its really begun to shine through and team McShep are acting more like teenagers every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Sad isn't it. Someone will probably start a thread. Let's call it. Three Men and A Wraithspawn. At least until someone comes up with a better title.
        How about Three men and a little life sucking thing?

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
        There is no real authority in the city and what was the moral compass is no longer there.

I guess woosley is supposed to be the "moral compass" of the show next...hahaha. I think I'm gonna cry.
        He can only serve as a compass to "how to be spineless". I like the job Picardo does, Atlantis needs a character like that, someone to be the pain in the mikta from time to time, but a character like that can not be the leader, because that's just ridiculous!

About Ronon... to me he is very different than Teal'c. I'm not sure if he was intended to be Teal'c second edition, I guess he was and that's stupid because you can't duplicate what Chris Judge did with his character... I never liked that type of characters on Star trek 8Worf! OMG the pain... hated him); but Chris did amazing job with teal'c. I love T man.

Ronon is very different. I think Teal'c is more.... spiritual - I lack the better word to describe it. Ronon is very down to Earth, very practical. Both are very brave, stoic and loyal, and also very smart. I like Ronon, I like writing him too, he is a nice character to explore. There's more to him than just frowning and waving his fists around.

Originally posted by Reiko View Post

Ford was like the kid. He pretty much was one. Once he was gone, who got the kiddie lines? Mostly Rodney but also Shep. I don't mind the two joking. But as of lately in season four its really begun to shine through and team McShep are acting more like teenagers every day.
        You know what, that "Hey McKay you've got a little what!?" line always makes me crack, no matter how stupid it really is. Ford was sweet and could have been really really great. I liked writing him - I did it once or twice I think in my fanfics; he is so much fun to have him around, and it's so good that you can still ahve all of them in fanfics together. *sigh* I love the characters but I hate the show. How funny is that?
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
          Actually, Irresistible was written by Binder. Shocked the hell out of me when I found out. O_O

Cuperus did go on the Irresistible ep thread and argue with people about the date rape, so blech for that. But on a good note, he wrote Submersion and noted that the ep originally had a lot more Teyla (though most of it got snipped by the higher-ups ).

I think I remember some comment from Joe about how McKay and Daniel will have a huge amount of lines in those eps. It sounds like everyone else will sit in the background while those two have their blab-off.
          Binder wrote the script but he didn't come up with the story, Brad Wright and Robert Cooper did. I presume that Binder was only given the task of executing the story - write the teleplay.
          Last edited by Celcool; 23 February 2008, 11:31 PM.
          Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
          at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Wow you people sure do complain alot.

Can I complain about that?
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Those are all valid complaints, the show has become downright pathetic in every way. It's on a shamefully low level, sadly.
              Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
              at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Wolf

back to topic: I might have been able to like the direction the show was going in if it didn't seem to be so ill-thought out most of the time. A lot of the plots don't hold up to much scrutiny. Some of the changes has left gaping holes in show. I don't think they put any real thought into what removing Weir from the show would do to how we see the other characters. Weir brought out a whole lot of character from Sheppard that we don't see anywhere near as much. Not only that but her interactions with the secondary characters like Lorne, Zelenka, Heightmeyer (r.i.p), Chuck etc. made the expedition seem more real and not just some base.
                I like that you pointed that out. After three years relationships and patterns of interaction were formed and Elizabeth is a character that can't simply be ignored. She causes reaction, for example, it's enough for her to say "Rodney, I'm not asking" (or something like that) in "Duet" and Rodney stops babbling. Everyone respects her, well everyone except TPTB and that is sad. Now when that is gone, we don't get to see one whole side of Rodney, or John or Ronon. You can't set a group apart and expect it to function exactly the same as before or even better... imagine pulling out a leg to a spider or a bug. You get yourself a limping insect and then when you add random new characters it's like giving poor bug a pair of crutches. It will never walk/run as gracefully and efortlessly as before. Never ever.

Originally posted by Integrabyte
                Unfortunately the show lives off its reputation nowadays. People watch it because it used to be very good. Season 5 does not look promising at all. I have a deja vu when I read about the cast changes in S5. That is what they did in S4 and they failed miserably. They should learn from their mistakes. They will bring Michael Shanks in order to attract Daniel Jackson fans. We will all watch those episodes and we will be disappointed. If they managed to strip Sam of her qualities they will do the same with Daniel Jackson. You can already predict why Daniel will be in Atlantis. They discover something they cannot interpret and the'll give Danny boy a ring
                One ring to rule them all? I hate what they already did with Daniel from S7 onward.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                  One ring to rule them all? I hate what they already did with Daniel from S7 onward.
                  You sly devil you. Nice LOTR twist on what I said. I love what they did to Daniel from S7 onwards. They finally gave him some guts and personality. Early Daniel was clumsy and Sha're obsessed . When Weir first appeared on SG she would have eaten clumsy Daniel aloive . He was very subtle and laid back towards Weir and everyone. I am afraid they will destroy this character on Atlantis

Comment

Hey, folks, what happened to not quoting trolls? Makes the mods job harder if they have to snip the troublemaker AND all the people who quote him.

Gotta say, as much as I hate the baby storyline, I do have a morbid curiosity about which cliche they'll rip off when he's born. Not in an "I gotta see that" way, but I'll certainly be interested to skim what gets said about it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                      Gotta say, as much as I hate the baby storyline, I do have a morbid curiosity about which cliche they'll rip off when he's born. Not in an "I gotta see that" way, but I'll certainly be interested to skim what gets said about it.
                      Well, I gotta admit that I'm sorta intrigued by it as well... A morbid curiosity maybe?
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Kinda like reading about a train wreck.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                          Kinda like reading about a train wreck.
                          ...accident waiting to happen

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                            You sly devil you. Nice LOTR twist on what I said. I love what they did to Daniel from S7 onwards. They finally gave him some guts and personality. Early Daniel was clumsy and Sha're obsessed . When Weir first appeared on SG she would have eaten clumsy Daniel aloive . He was very subtle and laid back towards Weir and everyone. I am afraid they will destroy this character on Atlantis
                            You see, i always preferred the clumsy Daniel The Action Jackson edition was.... I lack the word to describe it, but it effectively made me lose my interest in SG - 1. I think that early Daniel had lots and lots of personality - stubborn, passionate and yes clumsy!

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                              Wow you people sure do complain alot.

Can I complain about that?
                              No. You can't

Because our rules specifically state that ALL posters must respect ther opinions of others...even if they don't agree with them.

If you have a complaint about the SHOW, feel free to state it. If you have a complaint about other posters you take it somewhere else.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                                ...accident waiting to happen
                                Accident like... say Keller getting pregnant and not knowing who the father is? (it happened to Vala)

Comment

Working...
                                X