Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about Grown Up Baby appears out of nowhere and kills his baby self? Maybe he's from an AU like you said, Sky, and says that it had to be done to spare them all from something horrible.

Or heck, an older version of Teyla (or Shep or someone) could show up to do the killing, saying that down the road the Kidlet causes genocide on a massive scale and has decimated Atlantis. Whoever-it-is is the sole survivor and took a desperate gamble to go back in time to try and stop it from happening.

Or... have that Future Person come back only to be stopped and despite all the warnings and pleadings, "our" team fails to kill the baby. Future Person dies of something horrible which will be an ongoing investigation which will ultimately turn out to be their means of destruction when Baby comes into his full power. THEN maybe the kid is sent off to Earth or wherever in the hopes that doing so will prevent the Terrible Future from happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
      Wasn't that a Charmed plot?

Erm - not that I ever watched Charmed...really! I didn't!
      dunno, never watched it

but time traveler is a way to make adult baby come back without growing up fast
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        Wouldn't timetravel be using sci-fi means though?
        - Life after Stargate -
        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
        sigpic

Comment

The Angel way would be Teyla has the baby but then in comes Johns team & a bunch of marines Michael has the baby in his hand & he escapes through a portal or in this case a Stargate. Then near the end of the season the baby is fully grown & well if you watched Angel then you know the rest

The SG-1 way would be Michael dies by the hands of Todd & Todd takes Teylas baby & he lets Teyla go back to Atlantis & basically Todd will make the baby into some Super Half Baby Half Wraith thingy
          Last edited by JohnRico; 02 March 2008, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Wouldn't timetravel be using sci-fi means though?
            That isn't what Joe said. He said, "Teyla’s baby will not be rapid-growing or conveniently written out via scifi means."

Bringing the adult version in from the future only ensures that he didn't rapid-grow; the "written out via scifi means" wouldn't count because either A) The baby is still alive or B) The baby is dead but we still have the adult version around so he isn't "written out."

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
              That isn't what Joe said. He said, "Teyla’s baby will not be rapid-growing or conveniently written out via scifi means."

Bringing the adult version in from the future only ensures that he didn't rapid-grow; the "written out via scifi means" wouldn't count because either A) The baby is still alive or B) The baby is dead but we still have the adult version around so he isn't "written out."
              *blinks* Well.....

okay. *thinks*

Wait. If the baby was dead, then how could the adult version come back from the future.
              - Life after Stargate -
              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
              sigpic

Comment

Wait. If the baby was dead, then how could the adult version come back from the future.
                Maybe someone secretly went back to the past to save the baby & then returned to the day before that person went back to the past so no one would notice that that person is missing

Comment

Originally posted by JohnRico View Post
                  Maybe someone secretly went back to the past to save the baby & then returned to the day before that person went back to the past so no one would notice that that person is missing
                  My brain hurts.

- Life after Stargate -
                  sigpic

Comment

My brain hurts.

Hey they can have Rodney be the one to go back in time to save the baby & when he returns there are two Rodneys & original Rodney meets up with copy cat Rodney & copy cat Rodney just happens to be alone near a balcony & original Rodney just walks up to copy cat Rodney & pushes him off of the railing & Rodney kills Rodney to hide the secret

Comment

"Teyla’s baby will not be rapid-growing or conveniently written out via scifi means."
                      since 'via scifi means' has no definition, it can mean whatever joe wants it to mean. he may define it as

'baby will not ascend'

i just cannot believe that the baby will simply 'go away' after all the trouble the've gone to to bring up him being a hybrid. I"m waiting for the 'kanaan only slept with teyla because michael told him to' revelation to come out
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JohnRico View Post
                        Hey they can have Rodney be the one to go back in time to save the baby & when he returns there are two Rodneys & original Rodney meets up with copy cat Rodney & copy cat Rodney just happens to be alone near a balcony & original Rodney just walks up to copy cat Rodney & pushes him off of the railing & Rodney kills Rodney to hide the secret
                        Oh well now you're just being silly.

i just cannot believe that the baby will simply 'go away' after all the trouble the've gone to to bring up him being a hybrid. I"m waiting for the 'kanaan only slept with teyla because michael told him to' revelation to come out
                        True - that's a good point. And some of the spoilers about Search & Rescue have referred to Kanaan as the man Teyla believes to be the father of her son - kind of interesting wording there.

Oh I don't know!
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        sigpic

Comment

Ah, but if Future Kid didn't come back and kill the baby then the baby wouldn't have died.

Or if we just go with the coincidence of Future Kid coming back and the baby dying through other means it still wouldn't negate Future Kid's existence because in HIS timeline the baby lived.

EDIT: Oooo, speaking of clones and word trickery, how's this: The baby dies. Everyone grieves then moves on with their lives, although Teyla still has this nagging sense of... something. Somewhere down the road we're introduced to a new baddie and eventually it's revealed that it's Teyla's kid! OMG! But how?? Easy: Michael did to the baby what he did to Carson; he cloned it. Only he takes it a couple steps beyond and grows the baby to adulthood, full of whatever thoughts and plans Michael felt like putting in his head. Ooo, or maybe Michael could upload his OWN thoughts/personality! It's skeevy, it gives us two of Michael and it brings the kid back into play. The original baby died through completely natural, non-scifi means (more or less) and it's only the clone that's been insta-grown.
                          Last edited by ShadowMaat; 02 March 2008, 07:27 PM.

Comment

True - that's a good point. And some of the spoilers about Search & Rescue have referred to Kanaan as the man Teyla believes to be the father of her son - kind of interesting wording there.
                            Oh I hope they don't leave that question wide open. I mean if people call Keller a slut after one not-kiss and one not-date I can't imagine what they would call Teya if Kannan ain't the daddy. Other then incredibly lucky!

I think Kindred part two
                            Spoiler:
                            made it clear that Kannan is the daddy, well Michael seemed convinced. But then Michael is insane! What would he know.

Comment

dunno, never watched it

That is Andromeda style . Young Trance meets older and wiser Trance and they swap places .

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                                That is Andromeda style . Young Trance meets older and wiser Trance and they swap places .
                                Except Young Trance and Old Trace were the same actor with better makeup. baby Wraith spawn and old Wraith spawn would have to be played by different actors (or a doll and an actor lol) unless Teyla gives birth to a fully grown 'baby' and thats just too Mork and Mindy (although i wouldn't put it past TPTB). :shudder
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X