This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
    I've been saying that since Adrift, I was laughed out of the Episode thread but now it seems I'm vindicated, judging by the amount of writing complaints there has been, not just in here
    Yay, more people on the dark side

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
      I feel sorry for Shanks . He will join like BB and CB when the hezmana hit the fan
      I'm not sure if there's any hezmana left to hit the fan.

But imagine all the Shanks-fans coming over to Atlantis. The ratings will go through the roof.

[end sarcasm]
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        The ratings will go through the roof.

[end sarcasm]
        like they went when Carter join SGA, did they?
        Stolen Kosovo
        sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure if there's any hezmana left to hit the fan.

But imagine all the Shanks-fans coming over to Atlantis. The ratings will go through the roof.

[end sarcasm]
          Imagine Shanks fans being pissed after their fav character is butchered by skillful hands of TPTB.
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte
            I feel sorry for Shanks . He will join like BB and CB when the hezmana hit the fan
            Shanks is coming to Atlantis? Is that before or after they rename it to SG1?

I'm watching kindred now, it's annoying seeing the leader of Atlantis just stand and listen most of the time and then say some obvious command. Her character is completely devoid of personality. Keller is similar, both show little emotion.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
              Imagine Shanks fans being pissed after their fav character is butchered by skillful hands of TPTB.
              *Bursts out laughing*

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                like they went when Carter join SGA, did they?
                Oh yeah, right... I'd forgotten all about that.

Oh, in that case, yes, there will be hezmana left...

Comment

I will watch the two parter where he appears to see how they destroy him .

Comment

Pffft. I can't believe I missed Kindred last night. I fell asleep on the computer because my constipated dog had me in 20 degree weather last night for 20 minutes and I was too sleepy to stay awake But next weeks preview looks good mostly because my fears of him being a fake were put to rest. Or maybe not? o.O I'm just glad to have meh Carson back <33 His eppies are the only ones I shall watch next year

As for Killdeer's team episodes ... None of them really were 'team episodes'. No team without Liz and Carson

Shame damn TPTB couldn't make him a reg again! *spits on Keller*

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    I have a theory. She is captured by Michael again. The team goes after her but has to leave her behind when she orders begs them to go and save themselves so they can take care of her motherless child. They barely escape with their lives and the baby in a snugli on John's chest strapped to Ronon's back in Rodney's backpack. Then in the final scene we see John and Woolsey on the balcony where John says, "If she's out there. I will find her." Fade to black.
                    Yup, that sounds just like something TPTB would do I personally would prefer Teyla and Carson to settle down with the Athosians and raise the wee lad in a somewhat normal life. Because with Teyla wallpapered or crappily written and Keller being CMO I see no better option. =/

Though I must ask you why would John's chest be strapped to Ronon's back? Thats disturbing. I know you crossed it out for a reason

get rid of everyone who lives in the past and bring fresh things to the show
                    Just no fresh young chicks please. And keep the -good- parts of the past that we love there. You really need to be more specific or they will twist yar words

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    As a Teyla fan, are you liking her baby arc? I think this whole thing diminishes her even more as a viable character in her own right and said from the beginning that they should have ignored RL's pregnancy. There were many clever ways they could have worked around it. The whole soap opera tone of this year has soured the show even more for me, and I fear even more in S5.
                    Teyla's not my favourite character but I like her so I'll answer this as well. I am really disliking the baby arc. IMO it was way too predictable. Kanaan being bad, Mikey's interest. Mostly Kanaan being bad, because while Mikey's intrest potentially could (note 'potentially' as I don't have much faith) incite an exciting storyling (as long as it was with Teyla or the Athosians and not the wee bugger) Kanaan being bad I fear will not be a 'shocking betrayal' tptb wants to have an affect on us. For me it was predictable. To have him be a normal father however would be unpredictable. More interesting if we went that route.

I also agree that the pregnancy could and should have been avoided from working into the storyline. The baby 'storyline' is not about Teyla. It is about Kanaan and the baby moreso. These days there are plenty of clever ways to hide the pregnancy. I would even take her going missing for a while over her begin preggers.

I want Teyla in stories that center around her, around the character. I am a Kate/Teyla shipper so I'd rather not see too much "relationship" with John, none at all to be exact. They are friends, teammates. IF they have to have the kid on Atlantis, which is now a given, I want him to be a normal little Athosian lad. There's nothing wrong with keeping him in the background or mention him once in a while, or showing him. It would maybe create a nice team-moment, showing something is still left of that family we had in season 1 to 3.
                    Teyla-centric stories are also something I've wanted for a long time. I wouldn't even care if it was a standalone as long as she was the primary focus. You don't need babies, clandestine affairs, lost Athosians or Wraith DNA to make a good Teyla story.

As for "relationship" I prefer if there is no romance. Little unovert subtexts that we had in seasons 1-3 were great, because shippers could interpret it as they wished and others could leave it alone. I prefer friend/team-shippy moments over all. It would be nice for the kid to be normal for once with no scifi strings attached.

I still have oldies - goldies, the episodes that make sense, and there's always fan fiction, which can be pretty amazing... which reminds me... John needs a backstory.
                    Same here, and I'm happy living what I've got. Speaking of ... I need to finish that first draft of 4x01.

I'm also looking for any writers that would like to join me on my alternate Atlantis project. I fear it might become as corrupted as SGA now without more writers/people to monitor eachother

Comment

i think these guys see 'team episode' to mean 'they're all on the screen at once for a few scenes'

what they don't get, it doesn't matter if they're on the screen, what counts is how they act with each other
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

*giggles* Following the pattern, maybe we should warn the fans before they tune in

Originally posted by Dr Weir View Post
                        Keller is similar, both show little emotion.
                        Simple terms: They both SUCK

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        i think these guys see 'team episode' to mean 'they're all on the screen at once for a few scenes'
                        Thats what we have all those table scenes for

FH care to count screentime of sitting around a table?

Last edited by Reiko; 23 February 2008, 10:46 AM. Reason: added quote response

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                          I'm also looking for any writers that would like to join me on my alternate Atlantis project. I fear it might become as corrupted as SGA now without more writers/people to monitor eachother
                          I would be able to lend a hand.

I don't think we'd have more "team" episodes if we look back in season 4.

...what counts is how they act with each other
                          INTERACTION ... I vote yes.

Comment

I will watch the two parter where he appears to see how they destroy him .
                            Won't that be like the most awesome episode EVAH!!1!!!!!
                            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78
                              Well it's personal opinion of what you think is a team episode and not.
                              Team is a group of peole interacting with each other, not just happening to share the same space/episode.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                                FH care to count screentime of sitting around a table?
                                I could keep track of the table scenes. And who's sitting where and who's at the table.

Comment

Working...
                                X