This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    You're using my word! Yes it's badwritingbadwritingbadwriting!

I simply can't understand why they don't develop John. he is the lead, after all, and the character has lots of fans and many people would simply love John - centered episodes where he's doing something else but running/shooting/snogging pretty alien chicks. I find him quite fascinating to write.

At the end I'm not sorry at all that i stopped watching when I did. I still have oldies - goldies, the episodes that make sense, and there's always fan fiction, which can be pretty amazing... which reminds me... John needs a backstory.
    It was an homage. You know kinda like copying someone else's storyline.

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
    Was anyone else depressed by this line on JM's blog last night?

*sigh* I think JM and I have different definitions of team episodes. Because I don't remember much team in this season at all. Let's recap S4:

Spoiler:
    Adrift - not a team episode
    Lifeline - Maybe a team episode, but very little Teyla
    Reunion - team episode
    Doppelganger - Possibly a team episode.
    Travelers - Not a team episode
    Tabula Rasa - Again, this is one that I would not call a team episode, but I can see how some people would.
    Missing - not a team episode.
    The Seer - not a team episode.
    Miller's Crossing - not a team episode.
    TMC - Not our team-doesn't count.
    BAMSR - not a team episode.
    SoW - team episode
    Quarantine - not a team episode.
    Harmony - not a team episode.
    Outcast - not a team episode.
    Trio - not a team episode.
    Midway - not a team episode.
    Kindred - haven't seen yet.

So out of 17 episodes, there's about two to maybe five that I would call team episodes. How is that in any way considered "a good mix"? This is not good news for S5....I was hoping things would get better.
    In other words, they are going to keep doing the same thing until everybody thinks they are as perfect as they think they are.

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
    You are asking for it

You are right. Nobody can go on McKay's turf . Have you heard the GW interview with Tapping? She complained to JM that she did not speak up on many occasions giving the fans the impression she wasn't a scientist any more
    That's odd. I thought she wasn't military anymore. Proves they didn't know what to do with her so they reinvented her and we got nothing. I saw Foothold last week and was reminded of why I used to love her. I also liked the hair better. They are rapidly doing something similar to Teyla I fear.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
      Daniel will put Rodney in his corner
      NOBODY PUTS BABY IN THE CORNER!

Oops, wrong movie. Sorry, it had to be said. I just hope it doesn't give TPTB any ideas of what else to rip off...

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        That's odd. I thought she wasn't military anymore. Proves they didn't know what to do with her so they reinvented her and we got nothing. I saw Foothold last week and was reminded of why I used to love her. I also liked the hair better. They are rapidly doing something similar to Teyla I fear.
        I'll say it again: badwritingbadwritingbadwriting! ZOMG; I love that word! TPTB love it too.
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
          I just hope it doesn't give TPTB any ideas of what else to rip off...
          Enemies (season 5 of SG1) for starters... Broken Ties has remarkable similarities.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Enemies (season 5 of SG1) for starters... Broken Ties has remarkable similarities.
            Remind me of that one.

Comment

Remind me of that one.
              Broken Ties

*beware of spoilers underneath the tag*

Spoiler:
              In "Broken Ties," Ronon is reunited with Tyre once again. Apparently having turned on his new masters and broken free of their brainwashing, Tyre hopes to rebuild the relationship with Ronon and Atlantis that has been destroyed.

But when Ronon is captured by the Wraith, Colonel Sheppard and the team face a startling new problem: Could the Wraith manage to turn Ronon into a Wraith worshiper, like they did to his friends? How could they fight a friend, someone they consider to be one of their own? A confident Wraith takes on the challenge, bringing Ronon to the edge of death and boasting of the Wraith's power and their victories over powerful foes, such as the Ancients.

Enemies - season 5 SG1

*spoilerspace for length*

Spoiler:
              But after O'Neill greets his friend, Teal'c turns on them. He has brought Apophis with him, and the Jaffa seize control of the ship. Teal'c has been brainwashed, and claims to have been working secretly in the service of Apophis these past four years.

Character Development
              Teal'c - After Tanith delivered a mortally-wounded Teal'c to Apophis, his former master, the Goa'uld revived Teal'c with a sarcophagus -- then proceeded to brainwash him. Convinced that Apophis is a true god, Teal'c resumed his former position as Apophis' First Prime. He claims that he has never ceased to be in the service of Apophis over these last four years, and saved O'Neill's life many times when he would have rather watched him die.

Even after being rescued by SG-1, and even after the death of Apophis, Teal'c refused to change his mind. He does not believe that Apophis is really dead, since "a god cannot be killed."

Replace Teal'c with Ronon, and Goa'uld with Wraith.

Comment

LOL, you are so right FH!

Comment

LOL, you are so right FH!
                  Good to know I wasn't just seeing things...

Should I mention the similarity on JM's blog ... oh no, never mind... Look who wrote Enemies -> WRITTEN BY - Joseph Mallozzi & Paul Mullie

Comment

and even that child "story-arc" sounds very familiar
                    Stolen Kosovo
                    sigpic

Comment

Should I mention the similarity on JM's blog ... oh no, never mind... Look who wrote Enemies -> WRITTEN BY - Joseph Mallozzi & Paul Mullie
                      Surprise surprise. The guys who like rehash for breakfast. LOL.

Comment

CG was written by Ken Cuperus, the same guy who said using date rape drugs is okay.
                        Actually, Irresistible was written by Binder. Shocked the hell out of me when I found out. O_O

Cuperus did go on the Irresistible ep thread and argue with people about the date rape, so blech for that. But on a good note, he wrote Submersion and noted that the ep originally had a lot more Teyla (though most of it got snipped by the higher-ups ).

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        one 'good' thing about the obsession with rod and daniel joining for a couple of eps...Joe & co are gonna have to write twice as much to keep those two in words cause as fast as they rattle off people are gonna need the transcript to keep up
                        I think I remember some comment from Joe about how McKay and Daniel will have a huge amount of lines in those eps. It sounds like everyone else will sit in the background while those two have their blab-off.

Comment

LOL. Maybe you should mention the similarity and I wonder how he'll respond. P Is he writing 'Broken Ties'? At least its not plagiarism then

Also, we were discussing this on some other thread - who is Paul Mullie? Does he even exist? As far as I'm concerned he's just a figment of JM's imagination. Maybe he's the evil green goblin in Mallozzi's head that whispers him to do his evil deeds.

As for the Rodney-Daniel blabfest - what are we betting on? Total words? Average words? Words per second?

Comment

Why is the third or fourth episode of every season a "Ronon" episode.

2 - Episode 3, Runner
                            3 - Episode 4, Sateda
                            4 - Episode 3, Reunion
                            5 - Episode 3, Broken Ties

And seriously, the only defining character trait Ronon has is "hates the wraith a lot", add to that the fact that the wraith are pretty much a complete joke at this point, and it seems ridiculous to even entertain the notion that he might switch sides. If that is really what they are planning on writing for that episode (of course he will miraculously switch back by the end if that is the case) it will probably involve some magical wraith brainwashing drug. A+++ for writing.

Yes, I'm presuming, but presuming based on exhaustive (and exhausting) past experience with the franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              JM says #9 will be about Teyla. I have a theory. She is captured by Michael again. The team goes after her but has to leave her behind when she orders begs them to go and save themselves so they can take care of her motherless child. They barely escape with their lives and the baby in a snugli on John's chest strapped to Ronon's back in Rodney's backpack. Then in the final scene we see John and Woolsey on the balcony where John says, "If she's out there. I will find her." Fade to black.

I'm serious.
                              I can see this happening.

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream View Post
                                I can see this happening.
                                Sad isn't it. Someone will probably start a thread. Let's call it. Three Men and A Wraithspawn. At least until someone comes up with a better title.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X