This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    how about an episode where the A team is off world and something happens and chuck and lorne and zelenka have to fix it...with no A team coming in to save the day?
    I would love to see this! If they had taken this route with Quarentine, I likely would've been esctatic.

Comment

we jsut need something different from

off world, aliens get mad at them, teh girls fall for shep, he hewos the day while rodney rants, ronon flexes his muscles and teyla keeps the peace
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'd love to see all the boys fall for Teyla --

*let me clarify, all the off world boys* no team crap.
        sig made by me

Comment

problem wtih that? it happens once and teyla will be branded a slut.

Look a Keller, she flirted with two guys and all of a sudden she's the base 'working girl'
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Well, at this point an ideal S5 for me would be no S5 at all because IMO the previous season or two has made any hopes of a "good" S5 pretty much impossible.

However, working on the assumption that previous seasons had also been good...

* I'd like to see a continuing maturity in S5- no more of Shep flirting his way across the galaxy and less of McKay being used strictly as comic relief.
            * Less contact with Earth and less reliance on outside sources and/or ZPMs to come to the rescue.
            * Teyla and Ronon would both be more central characters and would take the lead in stories at least as often as Shep and McKay.
            * More friction with leadership. Ideally this would be done by Weir, who would never have left, but whoever the leader is, I would want his/her objections to be just as valid- and intelligent- as Sheppard's suggestions. Speaking of which...
            * More intelligent decision-making. Ideally, the whole thing with Michael would never have happened or wouldn't have gotten as bad as it did because all parties involved would have had more than two collective brain cells to rub together. Stop turning the characters into idiots.
            * Let Weir/Carter/Woolsey/whoever win on occasion. If the Grand Poobah's decisions/objections are going to be valid and intelligent then it makes sense that they'll also sometimes be right.
            * Let mistakes happen. For every right decision there are also wrong ones, so let's see them. Whether it's because a good plan falls apart (as they are wont to do) or because someone- like Sheppard- bulls ahead despite intel suggesting another tack, it'd be nice to see the team fail on occasion.
            * Have McKay grow more of a permanent spine. He's been doing this job long enough that even his natural stubbornness/jumpiness should have been overcome by now. Daniel wasn't always bumbling joke and McKay shouldn't be one, either.
            * Continuity, continuity, continuity. Stop using the Big Red Reset Button and allow elements to carry through from ep to ep. It doesn't have to infringe on a casual viewer's ability to follow along and it can add more for the rabid viewers. A word here, a prop there; it doesn't take a lot to remind fans of something that happened in a previous ep.
            * Don't overburden the show with recurring characters. The ones we have are great. Use them. Yes, Atlantis is a big city and there are a lot of people in it, but if you clutter things up with a lot of extraneous characters it diffuses whatever point you're trying to make and makes it harder for people to follow the action. They'll be too busy wondering who Character B is and what they're doing there and why isn't Character A involved instead?
            * Mix it up a bit. Not just by having Teyla and Ronon take the lead, but by giving your recurring characters more to do- not so much that they wind up being regulars, but enough to give us the occasional change in perspective. Let's follow Lorne's team on a mission or see how Zelenka copes with an emergency when McKay isn't around. Give us an ep based on Caldwell and his crew. Heck, follow Kavanagh around for a while to see what makes him tick.
            * Enough with the damn crossovers. SG-1 is dead. Get over it. Let Atlantis be its own show instead of as a way to keep SG-1 alive. Just because the two shows exist in the same universe doesn't mean we HAVE to have crossovers and I think there have been enough already to avoid the whole "it wouldn't be realistic if they didn't" argument.

There's probably more I could come up with, but I think that'd be a good start. And NONE of them are likely to happen.

Comment

problem wtih that? it happens once and teyla will be branded a slut.

Look a Keller, she flirted with two guys and all of a sudden she's the base 'working girl'
              Teyla doesn't have to flirt back. Like with John, he doesn't really flirt, most of the time it's one sided.
              sigpic

Comment

I want to see more REAL aliens. Aliens who don't look like Amish folk, or knights of the round table, or girls who dress like NY hookers.

You know, aliens who aren't humanoid.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                  I want to see more REAL aliens. Aliens who don't look like Amish folk, or knights of the round table, or girls who dress like NY hookers.

You know, aliens who aren't humanoid.
                  Yes! I want some really crazy alien folks. I mean tentacles out of their heads, with telescopes for eyes. *nope I am not drinking right now*
                  sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                    [FONT="Georgia"]

I'm with you there, Southern Red. SGA has a large female audience and despite all the hints TPTB still thinks they're writing to geeky college-aged boys living in their mother's basement watching reruns of Star Trek, or men that share, the (lets say) sentiments and passions that they do. I think SGA will lose about half it's audience over te treatment of Teyla and Liz. Even Carson, too. (Admittedly he's my dream guy ) Look at the unhappy groups - Save Elizabeth, Save Carson, Anti's - they're nearly all female.
                    It's funny when a show tries to target a gender. They're only ignoring half the population! On the Firefly dvd's one of TPTB talks about how the execs at Fox were unhappy when their tests showed more women than men were watching. Geez.

I think if you tell an engaging story with good characters, given half a chance you'll find your audience, whoever that turns out to be. It becomes a problem though when the writers persist in writing for who they think their audience is or perhaps who they want it to be.
                    sigpic
                    sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Papa Inte, is very intrigued seeing your ideas. You bunch should write SGA. I would hug all of you but Denise wants me all for herself

***if I don't post here anymore, I got fished, I mean noodled *** ---where is that fished smiley when I need it ---

Comment

Whe a show tries to target a gender it's not funny. It's discrimination. In this case, it's sexism.
                        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

we jsut need something different from

off world, aliens get mad at them, teh girls fall for shep, he hewos the day while rodney rants, ronon flexes his muscles and teyla keeps the peace
                          Well Sky, you just gave me a plot bunny. Yes we need that. Will we get it? I doubt. Seriously.
                          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                            ---where is that fished smiley when I need it ---
                            Here you go...

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                              Well Sky, you just gave me a plot bunny. Yes we need that. Will we get it? I doubt. Seriously.
                              I'm with you on the aliens. Remember John's reaction to Hermiod in Intruder? One of my favorite moments. And Torri never got her alien with 8 arms. *sobs* Now I can just see a female with 8 boobs all aimed at Sheppard. *sporks writers* I'm in a silly mood waiting for Kindred. Don't mind me.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Here you go...

Thank you ((hugs))

Spoiler:
                                Person using the fish is Denise

Comment

Working...
                                X