This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kali1 View Post
    Well, IMO she shows no real emotion and she talks mono toned. She talks like a plastic doll where you pull the cord and hear her talk. There's nothing there, no emotion. Carson, well he had emotion and compassion. But hey, that's just my opinion. I'm glad there are others that like her.
    CARSON HAD A SCOTTISH ACCENT I HAVE NEVER HEARD A DOCTOR WITH A SCOTTISH ACCENT CARSON IS NOT A REAL DOCTOR.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
      Um, none of that really has any bearing on a person being a doctor.
      Like I said, it's my opinion. I think it does have bearing but that's fine you feel the way you do. It's great that we all have different opinions on things

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
        CARSON HAD A SCOTTISH ACCENT I HAVE NEVER HEARD A DOCTOR WITH A SCOTTISH ACCENT CARSON IS NOT A REAL DOCTOR.
        Funny, I've heard several, real medical doctors with Scottish accents

Comment

and i've heard plenty that talk without emotion.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
            Um, none of that really has any bearing on a person being a doctor.
            I agree...
            Beckett may have done a really good job while at Atlantis...
            But IMO Keller has already show that she is capable of leading the med department and taking over where Carson left off...

Comment

Carson.

Keller as a character is the very definition of bland and it's hard to take her seriously when she's no where near old enough to be doing that job or have the experience she supposedly does. At least with Carson is was believable.
              sigpic
              by Kaaatie

Comment

heres a little idea that hit me and i might have pointed to earlier, but i wanna say it a little clearer

I love carson, so theres no doubt i'd pick him over keller, but that doesnt mean Keller is a bad character. Kind of as a comparison, look at zelenka and mckay. We love zelenka, but we don't want him to replace rodney. We like them working together. Thats kinda how it is with carson and keller. We like keller, but we dont want her replacing carson. They should be working together.

Both of them in season 5 would be faaantastic!
                sigpic

Comment

How can you ask this question

CARSON 100%

keller is an docter that youst is ther an will apper in one and one episode
                  i cad to et mid that she was good in adrift

Comment

I like both characters.
                    "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                    'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                    Individuality is freedom lived.
                    'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      me three
                      Me whatever we're up too...

I support Keller. I don't support zombies!!
                      Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Carson was much better than Keller. He had warmth and personality. Keller just seems so lifeless.

Comment

Originally posted by ha´tak View Post
                          How can you ask this question

CARSON 100%

english?

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                            english?
                            haha

translation (I think): 'Keller is a doctor that just is there and will appear in one and one episode. I have to to admit that she was good in Adrift'
                            sigpic
                            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Keller being too young really doesn't bother me in the slightest. If I can suspend my disbelief with a ring that transports people across the galaxy, I can forget about her being MD when she may or may not be a little young.
                              Infact, it doesn't even bother me to the point where it would be an effort to ignore it, it just doesn't even enter my mind.

Keller hasn't really had alot of development yet beyond Missing, but the character just seems very standard to me. What I mean is, there is nothing to make her stand out as a character from the other half a million pretty blonde doctors on tv.
                              Carson had personality. All of the male SGA cast have unique and interesting personalities. It seems that PTB have real trouble writing an interesting and engaging female character.

Weir had an erratic personality and beyond the rare occasion where she got annoyed and bollocked someone, Torri always seemed like she was just reading from the script imho.

Teyla has also been erratic at times. I also have some issues with how she is played but that is not for now.

Keller is bland and boring, and the only character development we have seen so far has shown her to be a whiny and slightly spoiled brat.

The point of the above is that be it Keller, Weir, Teyla, or any other female character, I don't think they've got a chance of being written well or having the kind of personality that PTB seem to have no problem developing for the male characters.

So due to the above, Carson would win every time imho.

Comment

My main point is when I see Keller, I'm not saying..."Why is she in the scene?"

Her place in each ep makes perfect sense, Carson was in scenes he need not be, and had me always saying "Why the hell is he there and his input is so valuable?"

I liked Keller's presentation and especially since I find her a developing character, that as a viewer, I find to be the most realistically human.
                                Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Working...
                                X