• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cajuncayenne View Post
    Carson is way hotter!
    I still disagree

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Well,its not fair to compare a personof three years to a person of eight episodes
    yup
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

It may be unfair to compare them, but people are going to do it anyway. I won't speak for anyone else, but I am still bitter about what TPTB did to Paul and Carson, and in my mind, that's going to make the burden of proof from Jewel's performance that much greater. I loved Carson so much that it may not be possible for Jewel to impress me simply because I'm biased against wanting to see ANY character replace my favorite, and I'll freely admit it. I can be as analytical about her performance as anyone else, but can you really blame a Carson thunker for being resentful for what happened? I can try to imagine how my opinion of the Keller character would have formed had they not offed Carson, but it's really not the same.

Comment

Well,its not fair to compare a personof three years to a person of eight episodes
        Following that logic, it is not fair to compare Weir with Sam

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
          true and we shouldn't -> 2 different persons, 2 different command styles, one civilian, one military etc
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
            true and we shouldn't -> 2 different persons, 2 different command styles, one civilian, one military etc
            ...or 3 year old Weir with a couple SGA episodes old Sammy

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
              You?* misunderstood my statement. I was talking about the previous poster who said that had Beckett was tougher becuase of the action he had seen, I didn't think that was fair because he has been around a long time.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

I don't know about you folks but Keller scored more points for me in "This Mortal Coil" I think we should have them both, but is this possible?

Spoiler:
                **Cough** The Kindred **Cough**
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                  I don't know about you folks but Keller scored more points for me in "This Mortal Coil" I think we should have them both, but is this possible?

Spoiler:
                  **Cough** The Kindred **Cough**
                  Well that wasn't Keller. I for one like Jewel, I think she's relatively talented and attractive. But I don't think that Keller's presence can compare to Carson's.
                  sigpic
                  "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                  ~David Hewlett

Comment

Keller was better as a robot/replicator in TMC than she ever was as a doctor on Atlantis. Even then, I think it would have been spookier to have our lovable Carson be the sneaky, baddie replicator. Would have been cool to see.

I just don't feel Keller as anything close to a competent doctor. Med student yes, head of a high-tech medical facilty? No way.

Comment

Originally posted by Landers View Post
                      Keller was better as a robot/replicator in TMC than she ever was as a doctor on Atlantis. Even then, I think it would have been spookier to have our lovable Carson be the sneaky, baddie replicator. Would have been cool to see.
                      I thought about Carson in that circumstance, as well, and I agree.

IMO, Keller needed the special effects to be interesting, while RepliLorne managed just by "acting", but this splinter group of replicators have potential.

Your post has me considering something. Wonder if that character (RepliKeller) could be a recurring one. Too bad they killed off the wraith character JS portrayed. A wraith who wanted to be human would be a nice contrast to Michael.

Carson FTW.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                        For me (and seemingly the focus groups and ptb) Carson was a standout guest star from his first 5 minutes on screen.
                        Not sure how accurate the claim on this is seeing as they killed him off. Something to verify that claim would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Teelie View Post
                          Not sure how accurate the claim on this is seeing as they killed him off. Something to verify that claim would be nice.
                          I've read it in interviews, some of which may have been on here. The fact that Carson went from guest star to lead would prove that he was a standout in Season 1.
                          sigpic
                          "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                          ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                            I've read it in interviews, some of which may have been on here. The fact that Carson went from guest star to lead would prove that he was a standout in Season 1.
                            That was a mistake.?* Some episodes in S2 and S3 seemed so forced to put Beckett into.
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

That was a mistake.?* Some episodes in S2 and S3 seemed so forced to put Beckett into.
                              Oh, I agree. I said that from day one. Even though Carson was one of my favorite characters, no matter how good a doctor character is, it's hard to bring them into every episode.

Regardless, it's still a good example that he was a standout guest star.

Back on topic-
                              After Keller is really getting pwn'd I could see her resorting to bitting.
                              sigpic
                              ~David Hewlett

Comment

I like both Characters and tbh I wasn't sure if I'd truly like Keller. I thought i would from First Strike but we didn't see much of her but she has been awsome so far. I love her and I would love Carson to come back but if he does I hope they can find a ballance between the two so they can keep both characters.
                                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X