This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
    (Would Carson's grandmum want him hitting a girl? )

Both Carson and Keller had their whining moments, but Carson projected a warmth that I haven't seen from Keller so far.
    Carson won me over in the episode "Poisoning the Well". You can really see what kind of character he was.

BTW, if you don't remember this episode it was in Season one, when the Atlantis teams finds a town that has invented some kind of retro-virus so the Wraith cannot feed on humans.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      Carson won me over in the episode "Poisoning the Well". You can really see what kind of character he was. BTW, if you don't remember this episode it was in Season one, when the Atlantis teams finds a town that has invented some kind of retro-virus so the Wraith cannot feed on humans.
      I wouldn't call it a retrovirus
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

My only problem with Keller is her "newness." And really, that's not so much a problem, as a hindrance to her. I'd choose Beckett every time because he's the character I know, he's the character who's been my favourite from the start. Keller, at this point, just doesn't have the history and connection to the rest of the team that Beckett did/does.

I think Keller could be good, but for me it's Beckett hands down.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
        "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

To me (and this is my opinion only), Carson had much more of a personality. For the most part I've found Keller annoyingly monotone (especially in Tabula Rasa) and bland. She was good in Doppelganger - I'll give her that. And points to Jewel for carrying off the repliKeller part in TMC very well. In Missing, I wasn't so much annoyed by the whining itself as by how much of a cliche it seemed to be, and how much it took attention away from Teyla.
          - Life after Stargate -
          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
          sigpic

Comment

Im in agreement with cshawzye, its not that i dont lik keller, im just more familiar with carson... actually if it werent for carson's character i wouldnt even be an SGA fan.

My view on all this, we'll have to see what happens at the end of the season... if we can get carson back full time in season 5 and keep keller around (much like the Rodney/Zelenka relationship) the show could have another great pair
            sigpic

Comment

Well, don't get me wrong, I do like Keller (kinda) but I LOVED Carson. Seriously, between the two, I'd pick Carson in a second. He was just so sweet! And compassionate, and warm, and friendly, and affectionate...

I hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it.

My young son asked me what happens after we die. I told him we get buried under a bunch of dirt and worms eat our bodies. I guess I should have told him the truth - that most of us go to Hell and burn eternally - but I didn't want to upset him.

-Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                well beckett's hot...Keller's not
                Originally posted by jenks View Post
                I beg to differ.
                Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                me too
                Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                me three
                Looks like your outnumbered...four to one!

Ace
                "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                  Looks like your outnumbered...four to one!

Ace
                  five to one

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                    In Missing, Keller went further than Carson ever would have to help Teyla. I cannot see Carson doing what she did.
                    Lol, if that were truly the case, Ronon wouldn't be on Atlantis right now.

Originally posted by Teelie View Post
                    It is unfair to complain (...) Keller's had less than a season to Carson's almost 3 so right off, the odds are in Carson's favor.
                    For me (and seemingly the focus groups and ptb) Carson was a standout guest star from his first 5 minutes on screen.

Now back on topic, I see Keller getting in the first hit, and then some hair pulling. One punch from Beckett, I think she'd have some broken bones.
                    sigpic
                    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                    ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                      Seeing your post you are one of those people who thinks she is so good looking and that is enough...She can't even act. Carson was whining too but he did with style and professionally.
                      Don't tell me what I do and don't think, OK? Yes, I think Keller looks good. But guess what. I also like the character for her determination and growth in episodes like Missing.

And another thing. I seem to recall a rule here about not criticizing actors and their ability.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                        Seeing your post you are one of those people who thinks she is so good looking and that is enough...She can't even act. Carson was whining too but he did with style and professionally.
                        Now that's just retarded, Jewel Staite is one of, if not the best female actor Stargate as ever had.
                        Last edited by jenks; 10 December 2007, 06:31 AM.

Comment

I like Carson more. He's more sure of himself and confident. Keller just doesn't seem right. Somethings off with her character. I blame the writers. I was happy with the character in Firefly. The writers haven't found a correct way to portray her yet.

Comment

Carson definately, I cant stand Jewel Staite's acting.

Best Stargate quote:
                            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                            Green is your friend.

Comment

Carson is way hotter!

Also Beckett helped fight replicators (return 2) and did so without hesitation. Did get into a dogfight with a wraith drone (he was scared). Shot at an invisible monster (protecting Elizabeth). Defended Rodney from a wraith and even gone thrown across a clearing.

He's way tougher then Dr. Skipper!

Comment

Well,its not fair to compare a personof three years to a person of eight episodes
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X