This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
    I see where you're coming from Red, but at least they're rectifying the situation as best they could and will make this season the best season yet. And this also brings up hope of even better stories with little if no filler's to really keep us around and them around for the long haul, I'm also hoping they make it to 10 seasons, if just for the hell of it.
    Don't get me wrong vaberella, I think Season 4 might be a lot better because they only have 20 shows to do. I was stating my opinion that TPTB not put all the blame on Sci-Fi Channel if they don't get a Season 5.
    Spoiler:
    sigpic

Comment

Sounds like it was all the fan's fault to me; most of the stuff you mentioned were rumors and fan-interpretations. Things aren't getting progressively worse...they were always...uh..."this bad". Hmmm...that probably didn't help.

However, one point is for sure: it doesn't matter how you feel towards the spoilers right now, because none of us has seen the actual episodes yet. Until then, it's waaaay too early to decide whether you're going to watch the show or not. All the news we're getting has been related to the cast change, but nothing else gets through the news filter because the fans tend to cling onto that one bit of news and are just blind to everything else, as far as I can see.

It's like Fox News and their "fair and balanced"ness.

I mean, I don't think it's that biased for me to say that the fact that all of the characters are getting at least one showcase episode is good news for most Atlantis fans, or the fact that the Wraith are getting more development, or how our new allies/enemies aren't so cut-and-dry evil or good. These are all good things IMHO, so I have a hard time understanding how anybody can say that Season 4 is a lost cause.
      Last edited by PG15; 08 June 2007, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
        OT:
        Spoiler:
        I like Fox news. They don't have a hidden agenda like CBS, NBC, ABC, and CNN. Their's is in the open!!! To each, their own.
        Spoiler:
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
          Don't get me wrong vaberella, I think Season 4 might be a lot better because they only have 20 shows to do. I was stating my opinion that TPTB not put all the blame on Sci-Fi Channel if they don't get a Season 5.
          Yup, this is why I see where you're coming from.

<snip>...

However, one point is for sure: it doesn't matter how you feel towards the spoilers right now, because none of us has seen the actual episodes yet. Until then, it's waaaay too early to decide whether you're going to watch the show or not. All the news we're getting has been related to the cast change, but nothing else gets through the news filter because the fans tend to cling onto that one bit of news and are just blind to everything else, as far as I can see.

Exactly. Until everything airs, you have no real perspective. What's even shown in clips may not even air on screen. I remember that's how The Punisher got me to waste my money, used faulty promotional clips that ended up on the cutting room floor, and on screen nada. Until we see S4, we are really to weigh the words of the writers, although the clips if they last give us some idea. Further more ther is still a Part 2 to this if not a Part 3 or 4 still has to be posted. You might fall in love with those clips.

All in all, to make a decision the eps should be watched. On another note, if they say they won't watch and comment on aired eps, better for my entertainment, some one to mock a bit---as they gush over the ep or whinge over it when they had already said they didn't want to see it.

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
          OT:
          Spoiler:
          I like Fox news. They don't have a hidden agenda like CBS, NBC, ABC, and CNN. Their's is in the open!!! To each, their own.
          All media are evil buggers. ~VB states as she hides her press pass.~
          Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
            So..... it's hard not to assume the worst will happen, when it's been a consistant pattern of having it confirmed. People said "Don't overreact, she'll probably only be in a few episodes" when the news came out that Carter was going to come to Atlantis. And then the news broke that she was going to be in 14 episodes. People said, "Well, don't overreact, she's probably just going to command a ship and be a recurring character like Caldwell." Lo and behold, she takes Weir's place as leader and becomes part of the main cast. People said just recently that Carter would probably just stay in a command/support role and not get involved in Rodney's technobabble or go offworld. Well, this disproves that. So... can you see how it might be hard not to fear the worst, after this track record?

From Joe's blog (April 25 entry)
            Carter will be playing a support role on Atlantis (not unlike Landry) but her background will allow her greater involvement and could see her heading off-world.
            From BamBam, in his GW thread (May 17 entry)
            "Samantha's role on Atlantis is probably not what you are expecting as so far, she is not kicking any butt. She is however, a great leader and advisor to the Atlantis team."
            Does that help reassure you?

No-one said she would be totally a command/support role or that she wouldn't go offworld... Joe said back in April that she would be support but also able to go off-world. So it's not a case of people saying she won't ever go off-world and then that being proven wrong. But saying she can/has the capability to go off-world doesn't mean she will be doing so on a regular basis.
            sigpic

Comment

More OT:

Spoiler:
              That's why it's funny to make fun of them. Their bias is so obvious despite their logo "fair and balanced", that it's just ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post
                Thank you PG15 for posting the transcript. I couldn't get it to work.

i couldn't get it to work either, so i uninstalled then reinstalled quicktime. it worked!

as a sam/amanda fan, it was *wonderful* to finally see her!

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

The transcript is up on the first post!
                  Did you do the transcript? If so thank you! I can't get the video to work, me and Quick time parted company many moons ago.

One thing that makes me so happy is the read-through!!!

They so needed them, often the one thing that would annoy me with the show was how many times I would hear words being put in the mouths of the characters that I just didn't feel fitted, not to mention some of the actions.

Hopefully *fingers crossed* a lot of this is sorted well before they go before the camera's (as it should be ).

I have no real problem with Carter having her own ep, as long as the eps given to the other characters are indeed 'their' own, I have to say other then McKay the other character eps we got in seasons 2/3 felt more like TEAM eps... nothing wrong with TEAM eps but if you (as a show runner) say character eps that is what people (fans of those characters) will be expecting... I think a lot of disappointment has come about becasue fans have been told in the past that eps would be all about this or that character and their background when in reality they were just general stories with a few more minutes of one character over another.

At this point, I am hopeful season 4 will be better then 3, I wish season 4 could be better then 1 but I am in my heart a pessimist so... *shrugs*

Comment

Oh yeah, I did the transcript alright. Took me about 30 minutes, but I think it's worth it to see all you guys happy (or not, but at least you're more informed).

And of course, I'm looking forward to the rep.

Comment

Oh yeah, I did the transcript alright. Took me about 30 minutes, but I think it's worth it to see all you guys happy (or not, but at least you're more informed).

And of course, I'm looking forward to the rep.
                      Crap, sure wouldn't have done it myself had I known but these Kyle X ads are screwing up with loading time. Wish GW would dump them!

Meanwhile, transcript at

http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/65718.html

but, I've got screencaps Mostly Sheppard, what can I say?

Took 15 minutes

Comment

Was Carter wearing a yarmulke?
                        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

OK guys. I'm willing to admit I may have overreacted.

In my defense.... it's not been a good week. A lot of what's been going on around here has been getting to me a little bit, and today I've just been sneezing my head off. Ugghh. Not sure if it's a bad allergy attack or the beginnings of a cold, but none of the medication I'm taking is working, my nose is raw, and my head is pounding. So.... I'm a little on edge anyway. I apologize for not thinking it through before I posted.

I stand by some of what I said. I have reservations, and have had from the beginning. The interview certainly didn't do anything to help. And I'm sorry if people disagree but I think I have a right to have those reservations. Everyone likes different things of course, and things that depress me are probably going to totally excite someone else, even when we actually do see the episodes. However, in retrospect, I did overreact to some of the issues, and overall it probably didn't serve a purpose other than allowing me to vent some frustration, which is probably not enough justification for tramping on people's squeee. So I apologize.

Forgive me?
                          - Life after Stargate -
                          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                          sigpic

Comment

Of course! *forcifully hugs Killdeer*

And for the record, I had no problems with the reservations, it's the "I'm not even going to watch" part that irked me slightly.

Comment

Hey, I know all about stressy weeks and feeling crummy... hope your cold/allergy attack clears up sharpish.. it sounds miserable.

I don't think anyone would dispute your right to have concerns and to express them... I have my own concerns here and there but have chosen to go with a "wait and see" policy.

We all do like and dislike different things and if what you saw in the clips didn't appeal/excite then so be it. Glad you agree that we can't judge for definite based on a few out of context scenes though. I'm gonna think positive and hope that Season 4 surprises you - in a good way!

Nothing to forgive, in my view... just interesting discussion and give and take.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
                                Was Carter wearing a yarmulke?
                                LOL

It does kind of look like that from that angle, doesn't it?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X