This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alan View Post
    I think the new Atlantis uniforms look great! I agree with mcbarr when he said:

I certainly hope that they do too.

I'm aware that McKay wears blue, Sheppard wears black, Weir wears red, and Beckett wore yellow but what colour will Sam Carter wear now she's in command of Atlantis? Given that all military personnel at Atlantis seem to wear black I'm guessing that Sam will also wear black too because I sure can't see her wearing that pink uniform that McKay's vision of Sam wore in Grace Under Pressure.

well, if carter shows up in black, that's it. the city's been militarized. they should at least keep to the color scheme. i mean, why keep changing it, or does somebody make a lot of money in changing costumes every season?? Hmm.... kickbacks!

Comment

I just saw this and I also hated this uniform. The old ones were better and original, we didn't hear anyone saying that it looked trekkie or BTG. It looks like school uniforms. Makes me remember my high school days, not good. They should keep the black ones. They should focus their costumes ideas on more important issues, like wetsuits for the men
      My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
      Sig and avi by me
      Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten View Post
        Wetsuits generally don't have floppy wrists - it doesn't trao water in very well.

That being said, men in wetsuits are hot. Atlantis is surrounded by water. We need more Atlantis men in wetsuits.

/diver
        //marine mammal trainer
        ///love the wetsuit!
        And I'm sure Rodney would be in his just 30 minutes before crying about allergies and chafing and he'd have to remove it. Well, not such a bad idea if the allergy was across the board with all the guys....

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten View Post
          We need more Atlantis men in wetsuits.
          I'd like to see them adopt the style favoured by the original Man from Atlantis - Patrick Duffy. As I recall he tended to wear not very much at all.
          sigpic
          "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

I would have to say that I kind of liked the uniform that was worn at the end of season 3. Those came kind of out of the blue. The rest of the season they were wearing the original team uniforms.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
              And I'm sure Rodney would be in his just 30 minutes before crying about allergies and chafing and he'd have to remove it. Well, not such a bad idea if the allergy was across the board with all the guys....

*begins circulating the "Prion for Writer!" campaign materials*
              "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
              My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                It has nothing to do with fashion.
                I am an ethical vegetarian it is against my beliefs to wear the skins of animals. So I am hardly going to fawn over McKay wearing dead animal skins am I?
                Ditto.....the thought of Mckay in leather makes me queezy. Poor cow.

As for these uniforms, I can't judge them unless I see standing shots of the actors. It's too hard to tell with David sitting down holding the book. Though I don't see what's wrong with the ones of previous seasons (well, I didn't much like the tan coloured one from season one, but otherwise).

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                  Ditto.....the thought of Mckay in leather makes me queezy. Poor cow.

As for these uniforms, I can't judge them unless I see standing shots of the actors. It's too hard to tell with David sitting down holding the book. Though I don't see what's wrong with the ones of previous seasons (well, I didn't much like the tan coloured one from season one, but otherwise).
                  * hides leather jacket* Agree though it's way too hard to judge till we see it in action.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                    * hides leather jacket* Agree though it's way too hard to judge till we see it in action.
                    I just don't get why they feel the need to change the uniforms- heck, I'd love to get my hands on an Atlantis jacket, they're really nice!

Comment

But on the other hand, I've seen pictures of David Hewlett from the sCB campaign, and he was in the normal BDU type uniform he wore in season three. Can we hope that the uniform seen in the picture that we're all discussing is some awful AU/dream sequence (more like nightmare) that isn't real?

Comment

Though I don't see what's wrong with the ones of previous seasons (well, I didn't much like the tan coloured one from season one, but otherwise).
                        Yes! Pretty much any black uniform with whatever ridiculous color-coded stripes looks better than that horrendous tan uniform. Ick.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                          Yes! Pretty much any black uniform with whatever ridiculous color-coded stripes looks better than that horrendous tan uniform. Ick.
                          LOL yeah I hated that one too.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

They added ten pounds to everyone who wore them.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                              I liked the tan uniforms for civilians. It made the scientists seem special. Which they are, they're much smarter than the military guys that's for sure.

Or was tan only for scientists not civilians, Teyla and Weir wore gray since day 1/2.

I'd like to see Ronon in an Atlantis uniform at least once. Yeah, I know, it woudn't be his thing but just for the fun of it. I mean, Teal'c didn't wear his Jaffa armor to every planet now did he?

Vala,

Comment

I just don't get why they feel the need to change the uniforms- heck, I'd love to get my hands on an Atlantis jacket, they're really nice!
                                Definitely I would wear a Atlantis jacket every single day like a regular coat.Do they make/sell those???

Comment

Working...
                                X