Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think that's the patch on his arm too. and it looks liek he's wearing a t-shirt under the jacket...so maybe it's more along hte line of new jackets for them, with stripes instead of patches of color
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
      I'm wondering if that is a leather jacket? It kinda looks like it might be if you look at the inside of the sleeves.. there's definitely a jacket lining in there of the kind you tend to see on jackets made of leather or other "outdoor" fabrics.

DH definitely said at P2 that they (more specifically he!) were getting cool leather jackets for Season 4.
      It doesn't reflect the light the same way that leather does, though. It looks more like a polyester. You're right about the lining, though, although the original jackets (which I think used a nylon on the outside) had linings, too.

I will say this, though, as a cosplayer... these jackets look much easier to sew. (*grumbles at cuffs with elastic at the wrists*)
      "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
      My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

I've been a Trekkie for a few years now...how does it look "trekky"?!

Comment

The sleeves are awful!

It's the Star Trek TOS Pant Ruffles all over again...this time as sleeves! noooo!
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
            Seems kind of trekky...I have to see a full standing pose before I make any real comment on it, though!
            Great minds think alike ! It does look Trekkie to me too.

Comment

I hope that's DH's robe after looking at the title of the book he's holding, The Android's Dream. If it isn't, I agree the sleeves are too wide.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                I've been a Trekkie for a few years now...how does it look "trekky"?!
                I know, I know. I don't know what it is, but on first glance it just what hit me. It could be the two-tone affect. You know how the treks would have red/black, blue/black, yellow/black. I think that's the reason and that patch at the arm doesn't help anything, move it to the side and you've got straight "modern" trek, going on there...

Plus that is so not leather, I'm a leather collector---I could be accused of having a slaughter house in my closet. And well....that material looks a bit more like that ski-fiber. What is it called...can't remember. But that material. And why are the sleeves short...

You know what, I need a full body pic of this jacket, I really can't get a clear idea of what's going on, even with the new lighting.
                Click statement above to read article.

Comment

It does look a little trekkie but at first I didnt care for the orriginal uniforms but grew to like them. If it is a new uniform I'll have to see it on everyone before I judge it.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

hhmmm.....I can't say I find any appeal in these uniforms if that is what they are. While I like Atlantis's divergence from the standard BDUs of Sg1, can they make the Atlantis uniforms look a bit less like a costume please.
                    sigpic

Comment

Maybe it's just a civilian thing and the military personnel will continue wearing BDUs?

Comment

WOW!! i looked at the pic and didn't even notice! wow i'm slow at times... *is embarrassed*.

Neways, yeah that deff the Atlantis patch, but its not leather... Maby thats the new scientist uniform? and non scientist personnel will get the leather...

hehehehe Carter in leather!

but its weird that in other pics on his blog, there not wearing the new uniform... HMMM maybe its a late S4 edition...

Comment

Those look pretty silly.
                          Theoretically spoilerish:
                          Spoiler:
                          Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                            Looks almost like a colour swap on a BSG colonial fleet uniform.
                            Exactly, the first thing I thought. Who' s robebd Adama's suit??! It's going to get worse for those who have the red bands.
                            Well at least they worked from a good example.

However... Trekkie? It's still a jacket!

Ah, where are those triangles??? Triangles!! Triangles!! Triangles on nipples -> bikinis.
                            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

I can't really judge it until I fully see it.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson View Post
                                Be quite funny if it ends up just being DH normal clothes.
                                David should start wearing bizarre costumes in public just to mess with us. He should have a publicity shoot where he mentions that the Atlantis dress code is changing, and wear a fishnet tank-top and fabric bell-bottoms, all with the Atlantis logo printed on them.
                                sigpic
                                "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                                ~David Hewlett

Comment

Working...
                                X