This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prion View Post
    Maybe it's pleather.... but I still don't see the need to change the uniforms AGAIN...
    Eewww...pleather?! I don't think so. Pleather always has this sort of extra tacky shine (thankfully not as bad as patent leather) that real leather doesn't.

I don't know either, do you think it's for the different season? I say just get them more "civie" clothing really---I liked John in his blue shirt and dockers. I think they could have kept last seasons uni, I liked them well enough and really don't think it's a necessity to change, either. It would save them some funds too. They can put towards the graphics if anything else.
    Click statement above to read article.

Comment

I hope they maintain the flags on the new uniforms in order to keep the international feeling of the expedition.
      sigpic

Comment

Maybe but its don't look very militaryish plus i like the ones they have.

Also the strip kinda reminds me of a wet suit!
        Maybe it is?
        sigpic
        Banner Made By Me for Me
        The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

I think the new Atlantis uniforms look great! I agree with mcbarr when he said:

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
          I hope they maintain the flags on the new uniforms in order to keep the international feeling of the expedition.
          I certainly hope that they do too.

I'm aware that McKay wears blue, Sheppard wears black, Weir wears red, and Beckett wore yellow but what colour will Sam Carter wear now she's in command of Atlantis? Given that all military personnel at Atlantis seem to wear black I'm guessing that Sam will also wear black too because I sure can't see her wearing that pink uniform that McKay's vision of Sam wore in Grace Under Pressure.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

My guess is either black or Red

The different departments wear different colours
            Red = command
            Blue = science
            Black = military
            Yellow = medical
            Green = support (Technicians, etc...)

If Carter is the new IOA appointed leader (assuming everything else with the expedition stay's the same) then I'm thinking it'll be red,
            but If she's the leader of a new miitarised Atlantis - then I think she'll wear black

(Of course if Ammanda Tapping looks better in red, it'll be red , ans vice-versa. Sometimes the simplest answer is the best)
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
              I definitly think MGM will, Stargate sells very well abroad (not just in North America) and I think, the occasional foreign flag makes the non-Canadian/American happy
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith View Post
                My guess is either black or Red

The different departments wear different colours
                Red = command
                Blue = science
                Black = military
                Yellow = medical
                Green = support (Technicians, etc...)

If Carter is the new IOA appointed leader (assuming everything else with the expedition stay's the same) then I'm thinking it'll be red,
                but If she's the leader of a new miitarised Atlantis - then I think she'll wear black

(Of course if Ammanda Tapping looks better in red, it'll be red , ans vice-versa. Sometimes the simplest answer is the best)
                I suppose your right. I don't think there's any colour you could dress Amanda in that wouldn't look good on her.

You say in your list there that Red = Command. Why is it that I've seen publicity pictures of Teyla wearing the red jacket? I haven't seen every episode of Atlantis so have I missed out on an explanation for it?

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                  You say in your list there that Red = Command. Why is it that I've seen publicity pictures of Teyla wearing the red jacket? I haven't seen every episode of Atlantis so have I missed out on an explanation for it?
                  I wish she'd start wearing her athosian clothes like Ronon does, she looks far better in them.

Comment

Eh. I've never really cared for the uniforms that have those career-designated color stripes on the jacket. Too Trek-like. I prefer the off-world black uniforms.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                      I suppose your right. I don't think there's any colour you could dress Amanda in that wouldn't look good on her.

Red is a civilian/command kinda thing - teyla fits better there then in the other groups
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
                        Also the strip kinda reminds me of a wet suit!
                        Maybe it is?
                        Wetsuits generally don't have floppy wrists - it doesn't trao water in very well.

That being said, men in wetsuits are hot. Atlantis is surrounded by water. We need more Atlantis men in wetsuits.

/diver
                        //marine mammal trainer
                        ///love the wetsuit!
                        "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                        My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten View Post
                          That being said, men in wetsuits are hot. Atlantis is surrounded by water. We need more Atlantis men in wetsuits.
                          *raises hand* I second that statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith View Post
                            Red is a civilian/command kinda thing - teyla fits better there then in the other groups
                            I see. Is Teyla kind of like her people's ambassador to Atlantis? Could this also be a factor I wonder?

Comment

Oh my! I didn't see that Atlantis patch! It looks like one. This is a TERRIBLE uniform! So this is like the 4th or 5th uniform so far:

1. Season 1 uniform gray for military and tan for scientists
                              2. Season 2 uniform gray for all personell
                              3. Season 3 uniform black
                              4. Late season 3 uniform SG-1 style on base 2 pocket BDU's in black for military and gray for scientists
                              5. The new mystery uniform of season 4.

They only used the late season 3 uniforms for like 4 episodes. I liked the black the best.

Vala,

Comment

I loved the black too. For some reason, in both shows the black has been my favourite.

Comment

Working...
                                X