Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they should do something to honor the Asgard, like create a new class of ships that have a similar design to the Asgard ships. I think it would be a great way to remember them.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
      the apollo wasn't a dissapoinment. just realistic. i reckon it will be one of the current 304's
      Hell yeah. Nothing is wrong with the current line of 304's. I say keep 'em coming.

Originally posted by jons242 View Post
      I think they should do something to honor the Asgard, like create a new class of ships that have a similar design to the Asgard ships. I think it would be a great way to remember them.

What are the chances of a Asgard ship???? (o'neil class) I say slim.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
        It's usually hard to tell when the time difference between both. Usually both are set to run along the same timeframe, but episodes like McKay and Mrs Miller and The Return (when coming back from Atlantis to returning to Pegasus) put Atlantis a few weeks, perhaps a few months in front of SG1. Episodes SG1 episodes like Memento Mori and Family Ties could have lowered that a bit, but it's got to be a few weeks between the end of S10 and the end of S3.
        In my mind SG-1 had to have been offworld during "The Return" pt. 2 since Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c would risk their lives & careers to save Jack any day of the week.
        sigpic
        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
        ~David Hewlett

Comment

i'd say:

Spoiler:
          either a new class of ship that includes massive upgrades via the asgard database we got in 10x20...or another 304 with the upgrades

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

do you think Sam's ship will still use earth based weapons?

Comment

Originally posted by Capricorn_One View Post
              Yes. Railguns were supposed to be used as "close in armaments" so Asgard weapons can be used for big enemy ships, thus replacing the need to fire rockets at long distance targets while the railguns can be used against attacking fighters and closer targets.

sigpic

Comment

she'll prob just come in a puddle jumper through the intergalactic bridge

Comment

THey'll most likely put her in charge of a 304, either Daedalus or Apollo. I would really like to see another, smaller class of ship, something akin to a cruiser or destroyer, as opposed to the 304's capital ship status; something along the lines of an Alkesh, or like the Delta Flyer in ST:Voyager.
                  Saboo - "You know nothing of the crunch, you've never even been to the crunch!"

Naboo - "I've been there once"

Saboo - "Oh, took a little day trip around the crunch did we? We can all go as tourists, "Oh look, that's a bit of crunch...""

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                    I was thinking, does Unending take place at relatively the same time as 'First Strike'? because if so,
                    Spoiler:
                    Earth doesn't have very much time to build a new ship employing the Asgard technology!
                    I think First Strike comes before Unendeing,since Mckey mentions the Asgard,but does not mention them being dead
                    4 easy steps how to make people hate you
                    Spoiler:
                    Ignore them
                    Spoiler:
                    talk bad about them behind their backs
                    Spoiler:
                    Use lots of spoiler tags
                    Spoiler:
                    Your name has to be Rihard Gaberšcek

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chemp View Post
                      I think First Strike comes before Unendeing,since Mckey mentions the Asgard,but does not mention them being dead
                      Agreed. Though it is possible that she comes on the hgihly upgraded new Oddesey.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                        Agreed. Though it is possible that she comes on the hgihly upgraded new Oddesey.
                        Isn't she supposed to arrive in "her" ship - I imagine that means a new ship; probably the latest model X-305/306/whichever one they're on now with whatever Asgard hyperdrive and other improvements could be added.

I don't see the Odyssey being sent to Pegasus.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                          I think she will probably have Oddysey. It doesn´t have any commander and Carter had command once or twice already.
                          I disagree they wouldn't want to risk the Oddysey getting destroyed before they can replicate the technology to the other ships. I think the Oddysey will be at area 51 for study.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                            Isn't she supposed to arrive in "her" ship - I imagine that means a new ship; probably the latest model X-305/306/whichever one they're on now with whatever Asgard hyperdrive and other improvements could be added.

I don't see the Odyssey being sent to Pegasus.
                            You're probably right.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

The Odyssey is now the single most important piece of ANYTHING that we possess. We need to duplicate EVERYTHING that we can and make copies of all that knowledge and everything else before we do anything else. Odyssey needs to be at Area 51 or, preferably, SGC, being studied and duplicated before it goes anywhere. Once we are able to start producing more WITHOUT Odyssey then we can send it other places.
                              www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Capricorn_One View Post
                                I think so. As much as I'd like her to arrive in some Asgard ship (O'Neil class, or maybe some derivative) I feel that it won't happen. I feel the only way Asgard tech would play a role is if the SGC was going to try to use Asgard disruptor tech on any replicators that might be on Atlantis or wherever.

I think that it might be a new class of human ship. It would most likely be a smaller version of the 304 since the 304's are large and presumably very expensive to build and maintain. Also, a smaller, more maneuverable ship may be a major asset to the Daedalus.

PS I really want to see a new class of ship. I love the 304's but I'd really like to see a real human battleship - something build specifically to fight our enemies in Pegasus.
                                Long live the Asgard

Long live my buddy Thor

Comment

Working...
                                X