X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
    That would be an awesome name!
    The thor

i do feel that it REALLY should be a new class and with a lot of nw toys ......there just don't have to actually be strong enough to beat the bad guys .
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by ssfblue View Post
      I think it will be a new class vessel that is aimed more towards a mid-range vessel like the Al'Kesh... they already have battlecruisers and fighters...

Also, I believe Carter will still be a part of SG-1 so having the command of a Daedalus class ship would remove her from her duties with the team....

Either way, I'm excited to see what it is!
      If they give her command of a ship, they can't send her back to SG-1, especially if they want to keep Mitchell as leader. They can't have her commanding a ship, with a crew of at least a couple of hundred, then ask her to go back to being co-commander/second-in command of a four person team. Even if she was to be leading SG-1, it would be a big step down.

I wonder if the movies will take place before Sam goes to Atlantis.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
        If they give her command of a ship, they can't send her back to SG-1, especially if they want to keep Mitchell as leader. They can't have her commanding a ship, with a crew of at least a couple of hundred, then ask her to go back to being co-commander/second-in command of a four person team. Even if she was to be leading SG-1, it would be a big step down.

before would make sense.

Comment

Oh I wish carters ship wouldnt come, the pegasis galaxy is where good/usefull ships go to be blown up.
          Give me one orion class warship, a ZPM, a skeleton crew and as many drones as the ship can possibly carry...and I'll show you how "Hallowed the Ori" are.

Comment

It'll either be the Oddessy or a new ship.
            http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
            http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post

Given how late S4 will be starting this year, then it's obviously a safe bet that the events happen before she heads off to Pegasus.

Therefore Odyssey will be used in the 1st movie, while the 2nd one could also change what happened in 'Unending'. So at that point, they may not even have the Asgard tech any longer!

So until spoilers come in the later eps after Carter appears, then I'm not getting my hopes up. It could just be a game, give them the tech, get the fans crowing, then snap it away again in either of the movies.

Which they then head to Atlantis & have virtually nothing. So again they'll be underdogs against the bad guys with their crappy nukes & rail guns once more...Here's hoping I'm wrong, but I'll hold off until I know a little more about S4. Probably 'Reunion' will be the one where Carter makes her appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_Sebek View Post
                Oh I wish carters ship wouldnt come, the pegasis galaxy is where good/usefull ships go to be blown up.
                but SGA is the ship show

Comment

I cant imagine the SGC sending carter off to atlantis for a long period of time while the ori pose a threat to earth, so s4 will probably take place after the first movie. If it does take place after the first movie, i think the ship will be the odyssey, if not the odyssey then a new ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                    before would make sense.
                    I don't think so. They want an SG-1 movie franchise, her leave has to be temporary.
                    sigpic
                    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                    ~David Hewlett

Comment

I'm seriously hoping for some Asgard, Ancient, Human hybrid ship after the events of Unending.

I think we've learnt enough about Ancient tech by now to at least use some sort of ancient technology, especially if the Asgard were able to get something useful out of a repository of knowledge.

--

For the name Hyperion, I like it. If it is a new class of ship, then Hyperion not only sounds like a good name but also a good class of ship. Hyperion Class, has a nice ring to it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                        I'm seriously hoping for some Asgard, Ancient, Human hybrid ship after the events of Unending.

I think we've learnt enough about Ancient tech by now to at least use some sort of ancient technology, especially if the Asgard were able to get something useful out of a repository of knowledge.

--

For the name Hyperion, I like it. If it is a new class of ship, then Hyperion not only sounds like a good name but also a good class of ship. Hyperion Class, has a nice ring to it.
                        We've been able to recreate little to no ancient tech, unfortunately..... But I'd like to see it too.

As for the name, I love Hyperion, mostly because I'm a big Angel fan. Though the SGC should name the next ship "Thor" or "Asgard," something to commemorate them.
                        sigpic
                        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                        ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                          We've been able to recreate little to no ancient tech, unfortunately..... But I'd like to see it too.

As for the name, I love Hyperion, mostly because I'm a big Angel fan. Though the SGC should name the next ship "Thor" or "Asgard," something to commemorate them.
                          Hyperion is used in Angel? I like it because i'm a Final Fantasy VIII fan.

But you are right, we can't get Tollan Ion Cannons to work so we can't expect big mad Ancient Satillete weapons capable of blowing up ships in one hit, but I do think we've been on Atlantis long enough to perhaps pick up some technology that can be recreated. Afterall, they did recreate Arcturus on Atlantis so that does show they've learnt something.

I am not saying it needs to be weapons or shields or anything cool like that, but some forms of Ancient tech would be nice be it life support or sensors, those transporters to take a person around the city or even something as simple as controls.

sigpic

Comment

Unless we find a way to produce more ships equal in power or greater than the Odyssey, its not going to be the Odyssey. We won't send our most powerful line of defense for the planet and indeed for the Milky Way itself off to another Galaxy.

I really like the idea of mass producing 303's using the Asgard technology we have, so I'm voting for that.
                            www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

I think that the ship Carter arrives in will be new, they don't want to send everything off to the pegasus galaxy, something should stay. . .

And with the finale of Season three seeing the floating through space "cut off from earth" I get the feeling Sam will be sent in to find them maybe?

Comment

Spoiler:
                                Hopefully it'll be an Oneill class Asgard ship or a completely new earth built ship with Asgard tech incorporated. I'm really hoping it'll be an Oneill class one though.
                                Kevan Smith: "I shoot it, I go home, I get drunk."

Comment

Working...
                                X