Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the other ships that have appeared on SG-1 and Atlantis already have commanders so why should Sam have a second-hand ship when she can have a cool, all new ship absolutely jam-packed with all the latest Earth and Asgard technology and weapons.

Sam will want to name this ship Enterprise and get it armed with phasers for Jack.

Another reason I want Sam to have her own ship is so that Daedalus can still return to Atlantis with Caldwell in command. I really want to see Amanda and Mitch Pileggi share a scene together as it'll be the first time they'll have been seen together on screen since The X-Files Season 3 episode Avatar back in 1996 (just so long as the scene between Sam and Caldwell isn't a sex scene).

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by ACharmedAsgard View Post
      Thor said on Unending that the power was not being deverted through the ZPM meaning that the core was controlling all the new systems the Asgard added i.e weapons and the upgraded shields
      Actually he said that the new computer core had it's own power source, so it wouldn't drain anything from the ZPM!

It was integrated into all the ships systems, but it wasn't powering them because right at the end Carter states that they would need to connect power conduits from the ship into the Asgard power source for the blast to hit.

While we also don't know with regards to shields! It looks like they already had the proper shields, beaming tech & hyperdrive previously on the 304's. It simply looks like the standard power source on the 304's wasn't enough to run the Asgard tech to it's full abilities! In 'TSII', it took the Daedalus 4 days to reach Pegasus with a ZPM, while in 'Misbegotten', it was stated that an Asgard ship would take Weir back to Atlantis in a time of 4 days.

The same with the shields as stated in 'The Siege III', when the ZPM was disconnected & beamed down to Atlantis.

There is no evidence or references to the power source supplying power to anything other than the Asgard computer core. Which is linked to all the ships sytems, but isn't powering them!

Not to mention the Asgard ships we know run on 4 huge Neutrino Ion Generators. Most likely why their ships are so massive in size. So don't see how they could suddenly scale their power generating capabilities down to allow them to fit into a little box in a little ship. Yet be able to run the hyperdrives, shields, energy weapons & all the rest at anything near a ZPM.

Put it this way before the ZPM, a 304 could be destroyed by 3 Ori blasts. Yet if the shields were powered by the thing powering the Asgard computer, then it's gotta be something along the lines of outputting the same power as a ZPM. Which I think is highly unlikely!

Another thing is that if this little box is so powerful, why not run Atlantis on a few. Meaning no need to ever worry about ZPM's or power ever again. Which is something I don't see happening anytime soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
        Not to mention the Asgard ships we know run on 4 huge Neutrino Ion Generators. Most likely why their ships are so massive in size. So don't see how they could suddenly scale their power generating capabilities down to allow them to fit into a little box in a little ship. Yet be able to run the hyperdrives, shields, energy weapons & all the rest at anything near a ZPM.
        I see where your coming from however it was stated clearly by Thor to Carter that they had ben working on the modifications for a year. The Asgard could of worked on allowing large scale technology to be downsized and fit into a smaller ship. If they make it so they can store the Entire Asgard History and knowledge in a small computer on a ship- I don't see why they couldn't make their power supply devices smaller, just look at the siza of a ZPM and all the power that contains, so it has been done before
        sigpic
        Spoiler:
        President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
        President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
        Forum Charmer
        Forum Ambassador
        Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
        VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
        VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Tria with Asgard integrated tech.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ehecatl View Post
            Tria with Asgard integrated tech.
            The O'Neill with Ancient integrated tech.
            Kevan Smith: "I shoot it, I go home, I get drunk."

Comment

Joe mallozzi said in his blog recently that we would see something to do with the Asgard tech in the second part of the mid season 2 parter. So I don't think the ship Sam comes in on a new Asgard/human hybrid ship. Though it's good that we won't loose the Asgard knowledge, and will see it used in Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Chaos View Post
                The O'Neill with Ancient integrated tech.
                How about a combination of the Tria and an Oneill class ship.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

yeah i asked that question in his blog and now i asked if the asgard technology will be the new bases earth will work from for further technological development and if that will be shown in atlantis or/and the third series.

the first stargate dealt with finding new technology to defend earth,
                  then they came in atlantis with a database of the ancients but they can't use that becouse it is way out of there league.

so it makes sense that with the asgard legacy there knowleadgebase is the new stepping stone that brings us a step closer to the ancient database so from there it is still a hundread steps more till they can build something from the ancient database.

the asgard database was also build for easy use for humans and if the humans don't undertand they can ask the thor the hologram.

so i think the first new ship will be something that was in the asgard database.

and they can't destroy or remove the asgard legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                    How about a combination of the Tria and an Oneill class ship.
                    That would be awesome. An O'Neill flown by an Ancient control chair and some drones in the armory. I've always wanted John to be in command of a ship.
                    Kevan Smith: "I shoot it, I go home, I get drunk."

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Chaos View Post
                      That would be awesome. An O'Neill flown by an Ancient control chair and some drones in the armory. I've always wanted John to be in command of a ship.
                      Indeed, but not just that think of the size of a combination of those two ships. We could give the Wraith and Asurans a run for their money. At least for a while.

Comment

I do personnally like the sound of an O'Neill-Tria Hybrid - however it will take a LONG long time before we could do that.

The fact that Landry said in SG-1 That the president wanted to know how quick we can replicate the technology tells me that the new ship should have Asgard Up grades.....maybe they may keep some Asgard tech in Atlantis to help with understanding the Ancient tech
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:
                        Forum Charmer
                        Forum Ambassador
                        Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

I do personnally like the sound of an O'Neill-Tria Hybrid - however it will take a LONG long time before we could do that.

The fact that Landry said in SG-1 That the president wanted to know how quick we can replicate the technology tells me that the new ship should have Asgard Up grades.....maybe they may keep some Asgard tech in Atlantis to help with understanding the Ancient tech
                          Possible. I'm quite currious though to kn ow how the Asgard will play a part in this season though, I'm pretty sure JM said something about them being involved in the 2 parter.
                          Last edited by Mitchell82; 21 April 2007, 05:55 PM.

Comment

He said it would involve their technology - but I don't knopw about the Asgard themselves. I hope to see the Asgard again wbut I don't know
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:
                            Forum Charmer
                            Forum Ambassador
                            Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

He said it would involve their technology - but I don't knopw about the Asgard themselves. I hope to see the Asgard again wbut I don't know
                              Well
                              Spoiler:
                              the Asgard in ida were the all killed but that doesnt mean that they arent still alive in another galaxy.

Comment

Lets hope we see them
                                sigpic
                                Spoiler:
                                Forum Charmer
                                Forum Ambassador
                                Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

Working...
                                X