Irresponsible (313)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Athenaktt View Post
    For me, it wasn't about the Lucius being able to get wet, but more along the lines that in "Hide and Seek" Grodin tells Weir that only McKay can use the shield because it was imprinted, so it wouldn't work on Sheppard.

So if this is the same type of shield, shouldn't it not work on anyone but the random guy Lucius found to activate the shield? Much less Sheppard at the end of the episode? Unless there is something I missed there.
    Everything about the use of that shield and the disregard for what had been established bothered me. And I appreciate the explanation, I do. But I suppose what I was looking for was some sort of explanation that they'd learned more about the shield or something along those lines, rather than just ignoring what we learned in H&S.

And, that's the last I'll say on the matter.

And, yes, as a long time viewer, I do expect some continuity.
    Sig by Camy

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey13 View Post

I respect that you brought this issue up, Ken, but if they had bothered to watch "Hide and Seek" even once before writing this script, it should have been obvious that the rule about slow-moving impacts wasn't being applied in that original episode. I'm sorry, but I just can't stand inconsistencies like that, not when all you have to do is just take 43 minutes out of your busy day to simply watch it just once all the way through in order to make sure. Take some notes about your new toys, for goodness sake.

Maybe they should hire fans to 'beta' their scripts for them. Heck, I'd do it for free.

Thank You
      I'm so glad you mentioned that.. I was going to post the same thing.
      I was like *WHAT* on the slow moving impacts explanation. Because if thats the case, then Rodney would of been wet when he dumped the coffee on himself in the episode or "Hide and Seek". So the explanation that the creators were trying to give for the episode Irresponsible are LAME and just idiotic.

By Kidwizz

By JessM

Comment

man i still want to see this episode.
        sigpic
        Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
          Cooper and Wright are now completely off SGA. Mallozzi and Mullie are the new executive producers. Lucky us.

http://savestargatesg1.com/news/?p=483
          oh yay *yawn*
          sigpic

Comment

So does this mean that they're now importing excuses/technobabble from the SG-1-verse in addition to the plots, characters and enemies?

Comment

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post
              You are aware that Mullie and Mallozzi will be writing full-time for SGA next year? That is no joke. Just think of the endless possibilities!
              Thank you, I would rather not.
              sigpic

Comment

This poor show is *SO* doomed.

Comment

Did this episode air in Canada last night??

Comment

yeah it aired friday
                    sigpic
                    Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
                      LOL, I have to laugh otherwise I might cry.
                      *wishes Binder would write full time, hey it might come true *
                      sigpic
                      My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Only this-kill Lucius.

Seriously, who decided that this guy is funny? He is irritating, not funny. His "funny" teasing with Sheppard was so annoying that I wanted to switch off the player.

I love SGA, and I hate when they are doing this. Even Irrisisteble was better bc of some nice Sheppard/McKay teasing and action. This was only...running from one place to another, all characters were totally off-Beckett e.g....is it the same man who took care for his turtles...and what did he do there anyway? I know people change but not from episode to episode.

I so desperately wished for Kolya to appear...five more minutes and I wouldn´t be able to watch it.
                        The worst episode...ever. Even Tower made more sense that this...nothing.

Uf, I hate myself for writing this about some SGA episode, I am usually connecting "boring" with SG1...well, not every day is good day and I expected too much after last week´s episode. My hopes are in Sunday now.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Hi Ken, thanks for dropping by here and giving us background info about this ep! It was very interesting to learn that originally this ep was supposed to be filmed in a completely different setting!

But I have to agree with those who say that this inconsistency with the personal shield really wasn't necessary, and that a bit more research in only one older episode could have helped a lot. Gravelgerdie took the words right out of my mouth:
                          Originally posted by gravelgerdie View Post
                          I was like *WHAT* on the slow moving impacts explanation. Because if thats the case, then Rodney would of been wet when he dumped the coffee on himself in the episode or "Hide and Seek". So the explanation that the creators were trying to give for the episode Irresponsible are LAME and just idiotic.
                          Full ACK.

Also, wouldn't Rodney have been able to eat if the "slow moving impact" theory was right? Or wouldn't Rodney or someone else have been able to remove the turtle brooch if it was only done very slowly?

Originally posted by Willow'sCat
                          shots of John's crotch
                          So you noticed that too? I honestly thought that I'm not that shallow, but hey, the way he was sitting there - I just had to stare. O_o
                          *feels incredibly shallow now but doesn't really care either*

Is that kind of, ehh, 'position' in the scripts? Because I heard/saw it happened before. And somehow I doubt JF does that on purpose....

Bye, A.
                          ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                          ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                            Oh man, I'm so scared to watch this episode now.
                            Don't let others' opinions colour you before you see the ep. I quite enjoyed the ep. It wasn't the best by far but it was okay and some elements were great. I feel it could have been handled better but such is life...

Watch the ep yourself and make up your own mind.
                            sigpic

Comment

Sorry admins - must post how I feel. Shutting down the thread seems a little like hiding that fact that Mom & Dad hide your mutated younger brother under the stairs. OMG... this was SUCH a bad episode...
                              Originally posted by Luz View Post
                              Sweet jumpin-marvel-super-spiders! This episode was like... the best... evaaaar!

*Inner voice, must struggle to not let out inner voice. Peoples jobs; the very notion of a Stargate series hangs in the balance...MUST CONTROLLLL...*

Note to readers: this is a vent. Not a revue. Don't hate the haters.

This was literally the worst episode of SG-A. Its embarrassingly bad. Plot holes that my 5 year old recognized and said "that's stupid". Seriously, when a 5 year old can recognize a plot hole (1.) I let him watch too much TV, and (2.) Stargate Atlantis has sadly come to a creative end, (or 3 - he's way more smarter than his dad, who just cringed).

Bring back a major villain to kill in a western style shoot-off? Sweet J3sus, the originality of the writers rule! Last week, you started back down the path to good story telling. This week, you sweep that effort away and take a running leap backwards to jump the proverbial shark.

Yeah, I said it. Jumped the shark with distance to spare.

This was not a 'fun episode' or a 'funny episode'. Lucias is NOT Harry Mudd. Mind you the writers are not even on par with the old Star Trek - which is incredibly sad considering the material they get to work with.

The funny thing was - this was the first Atlantis (nee Stargate) episode we channel surfed through. That's right - we started watching something else. Reruns of Heroes was more interesting to watch.

One suggestion. Shoot Lucias in the chest, and give Koyla (whatever) the ancient shield device. Make him a tougher. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Tech Junkie.

Now, upgraded with 1 forum demerit point for the use of sarcasm.
                              "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."

Ambassador Koch, Believers, 1.10 B5

Comment

Discussing downloading IN ANY CAPACITY is not allowed on GateWorld...this includes begging for PM'ed download links and hoping someone responds before we delete their post.

If you want to find illegal download links, GateWorld is not the place for you.
                                Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Working...
                                X