Irresponsible (313)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post
    You are aware that Mullie and Mallozzi will be writing full-time for SGA next year? That is no joke. Just think of the endless possibilities!
    Very frightening indeed!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka View Post
      2. Wasn't it mentioned in Hide and Seek that this Ancient device can only be used by one person after it was initialized? Clearly not the case in this ep. (TPTB will probably just say that this device was just another version.)
      Speaking of, in Hide and Seek, Rodney couldn't eat food or drink coffee...yet Lucius is chowing down in almost every scene! I hate plot holes, and if this episode is any kind of gage for what we can expect next season, then I'm very worried. It makes me want to cry!

Comment

This is actually the worst episode this season to me, second to The Tower overall. Sure, both episodes had some funny team lines, but yuck.

Plot holes abound. In Hide and Seek, McKay was unable to eat or drink, yet Lucius was able to here. And if McKay couldn't even get coffee into his mouth, how can Lucius be dunked into water? It was like, "Oh, we still have that personal shield thing, let's use that and forget anything else we've seen about the device."

I found the episode too campy for my tastes. I don't care for Lucius at all, and even Kolya wasn't as menacing as we've seen him in the past. I doubt we'll see him again, as he was supposedly shot dead. If he does somehow resurface, I'll fnd myself wondering how they walked away without Beckett making sure he was dead and it would be too ridiculous.

Anyway, there was some nice team banter, but overall thumbs down.

And if this is the caliber of episodes we can expect from M&M as compared to other writers for the show and other episodes, especially this season, then I feel a great sadness at the thought of them taking over from Cooper and Wright next season.
        Last edited by majortrip; 05 December 2006, 07:35 AM. Reason: typo
        Sig by Camy

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
          Cooper and Wright are now completely off SGA. Mallozzi and Mullie are the new executive producers. Lucky us.

http://savestargatesg1.com/news/?p=483
          I can't believe it! Every episode written by M&M is a total waiste and crap. I wonder how the comapany that gives the money for SGA is sooooo stupid. May be their managers are fans of stupid characters like the leech Lucius and insipid plots?!
          And this thing about Weir! Total crap!
          I think if M&M are the producers of Season 4 this will be the last season for SGA.
          LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
          Member of the Wraith' Defenders Club
          http://petitionspot.com/petitions/wraithrights/
          My fan fiction

Comment

Originally posted by majortrip View Post
            This is actually the worst episode this season to me, second to The Tower overall. Sure, both episodes had some funny team lines, but yuck.

Plot holes abound. In Hide and Seek, McKay was unable to eat or drink, yet Lucius was able to here. And if McKay couldn't even get coffee into his mouth, how can Lucius be dunked into water? It was like, "Oh, we still have that personal shield thing, let's use that and forget anything else we've seen about the device."

I found the episode too campy for my tastes. I don't care for Lucius at all, and even Kolya wasn't as menacing as we've seen him in the past. I doubt we'll see him again, as he was supposedly shot dead. If he does somehow resurface, I'll fnd myself wondering how they walked away without Beckett making sure he was dead and it would be too ridiculous.

Anyway, there was some nice team banter, but overall thumbs down.

And if this is the caliber of episodes we can expect from M&M as compared to other writers for the show and other episodes, especially this season, then I feel a great sadness at the thought of them taking over from Cooper and Wright next season.
            DITTO!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starxgate View Post
              Who kills Kolya ? Please tell me John does it
              If Kolya was indeed shot dead (I wouldn't bet my life on it), then yes, it was Sheppard.

Originally posted by majortrip View Post
              Right, his hair was wet, wasn't it? But I thought this scene made sense for once: Even if Lucius could not be drowned (because water shouldn't penetrate the personal shield as originally seen in H&S), he still could have died of suffocation under water.

(That's what letting-the-fans-do-the-logic would mean...)
              No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
              (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

I don't have time to edit these comments on the first 15 minutes, so I apologize if some of my points have already been made.

-Yay, Beckett’s in this episode!

- We finally get an explanation of that photo on Sheppard’s nightstand. A confirmation that Evel Knievel is Sheppard’s hero.

- Good for you, Rodney! I’ve always thought Batman was more a “super” hero than Superman because Batman trained both his mind and his body to aid in his crime fighting. It wasn’t because he was born on some other planet and just happened to be super because of the sun.

- Why is Sheppard the only one who ever has sunglasses?

- There’s gotta be a real job that Lucius can manage. He really can mesmerize an audience. Storytelling can be a prized occupation.

- Lucius also must be a speed reader because he certainly seems to have accessed a lot of mission reports.

- “I’m invincible.” Oh, was I the only one to hear Rodney’s voice when Lucius said that? “In-vinc-able!”

- So Lucius says the anyone can used the shield after it’s been turned on? If they knew that, Rodney didn’t need the ATA gene therapy to use the shield in Hide and Seek, all he had to do was to get Sheppard to initiate it.

- Funny that Ronon was the only one eating in the tavern.

- Although some people have mentioned Lucius eating, he didn’t when he put on the shield.

- Lucius wasn’t drowning. He was suffocating. Underwater, he couldn’t breathe, he wasn’t inhaling water.

- I thought the personal shield bonds with the user. How come Sheppard can use it after Lucius? That contradicts what was said in Hide and Seek when Grodin said the shield bonded with McKay. But maybe the model in that episode was an experimental one and Lucius had an upgrade.

- That villiage was pretty eager to let Lucius defend them. And they seemed otherwise clueless except for that one woman who first blew off Lucius in the tavern. The people act like they've never had the Wraith visit or raiders come thru the 'gate.

- I did like the spaghetti western theme of the show.

More later...

My kind of guy:
                "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Now imagine Lucius as the spinoff character for the new series...

Comment

I have a question. I'm trying to type up some transcripts, but I have no clue who the "Scottish Hero" the Beckett brought up in the beginning of the episode. Anyone familar with the name can help me out?
                    ~Athena

Comment

I didn’t read much about this episode beforehand, so I was pretty neutral about it. But now that I saw it I can only say something I never said about any Atlantis episode before (not even ‘The Tower’):

What an incredible waste of time! Boring, pathetic, full of clichés and plot-holes, pseudo-heroic ado and silly costumes and endless phrasemongering and banal drivel.

And Kolya is dead now. Poor guy, died in such a silly episode. He was the best villain of this show, he should have had a worthier end in a better ep. Yeah ok, Shep shot him, that was the way it was supposed to be, but the scene itself seriously lacked atmosphere and importance. At least for me.

And what about the conflict between Kolya and Ladon, the new leader of the Genii after the coup? I’d really hoped they’d bring that up one day.

The prison scene was ok and funny. I liked Rodney there: Rodney and the spoon, Rodney babbling about his hero Batman (sounding like a pouting five year old), Rodney fearing he might go into anaphylactic shock or something because of the soup (as it looks as if he feared he’d suffocate)...

Did someone else notice that sometimes the turtle brooch wasn’t always glowing when it was supposed to be, meaning the prop department people forgot to switch that thing on?

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
                      - We finally get an explanation of that photo on Sheppard’s nightstand. A confirmation that Evel Knievel is Sheppard’s hero.
                      I liked it that they brought this into the show.
                      - “I’m invincible.” Oh, was I the only one to hear Rodney’s voice when Lucius said that? “In-vinc-able!”
                      I thought the same and I think the scene was supposed to be mirroring the "In-vuln-erable" scene. In my mind I immediately saw Rodney standing there, geeking out with excitement.

Bye, A.
                      ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                      ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

What a way to dispose of Kolya, the only decent villain this show ever had.

If the rumours are true that the two geniuses Mallozzi and Mullie are taking over SGA, Season 4 will undoubtedly be its last. Fortunately I won't be sticking around long enough to witness the humiliating early cancellation of a show that was so damn promising at the beginning, but it will still hurt. Why the semi-dark, almost gritty, relatively intellectually challenging stories from S1 were discontinued I will never know, but I do know that what we're seeing at the moment is a pile of horse manure that doesn't deserve to be sold under the name Stargate.

What's perhaps most maddening about this whole thing is that SGA wasn't billed as an idiotically campy show.

At this point the show has had more disgracefully bad episodes than great ones, so it can't even be argued that rubbish like Sanctuary, Epiphany, The Tower, Irresistible and Irresponsible is an exception to the rule. I can only see the situation getting worse with M&M at the helm. While I can maybe live with a couple of clunkers a season from under their pen, I can only envision the show dying under their complete control.

And for the love of gods, this is a 20-episode-a-season show. If other shows (rare, but I've seen it happen) can manage 24, even 26 episodes without cheap fillers that insult the intellect or clip shows, why can't SGA think of 20 solid stories a year? If the lack of creativity is the problem, perhaps it's time to pull down the shutters and quit.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReturnOfTheLantian View Post
                          and why would you give it 2/10 tbh not being horrible. you should be greatfull that stargate atlantis is showing in canada when other places in the world dont get it. and they have to buy the DVD's
                          Worst thing I've ever read on this Forum. Silly...

Comment

If the rumours are true that the two geniuses Mallozzi and Mullie are taking over SGA, Season 4 will undoubtedly be its last.
                            Is the reason Mullie and Mallozzi are (possibly) taking over because Cooper etc... are working on the two films and a third series?

but I do know that what we're seeing at the moment is a pile of horse manure that doesn't deserve to be sold under the name Stargate.
                            I think the majority of season 3 has been great, No man's land, Sateda, Progeny, Common Ground, McKay and Mrs Miller, The Return prt 1&2, Echoes have all been exceelent episodes, IMO some of the best. Though I admit Mullie and Mallozzi eps are crap. They wrote irresistable and the tower, possibly the two worst episodes of Atlanis ever.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                              Now imagine Lucius as the spinoff character for the new series...
                              He definately, 100% won't be hough so it's alright

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka View Post

Right, his hair was wet, wasn't it? But I thought this scene made sense for once: Even if Lucius could not be drowned (because water shouldn't penetrate the personal shield as originally seen in H&S), he still could have died of suffocation under water.
                                Drowning, suffocation, whatever. That's not what bothered me about the scene. It was the fact that he was wet that perturbed me. Just poor continuity.
                                Sig by Camy

Comment

Working...
                                X