Irresponsible (313)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by obsessed1 View Post
    yeah i would have expected to have Kolya and John's showdown as a seperate episode really. and done without lucius
    Yes we were getting really excited about it and it was just such a let down!!

Comment

Originally posted by ken_is_here View Post

And I say this unbiased and unsolicited -- as my involvement with season four will likely be minimal to non-existant, due to the cancellation of SG-1.

Ken C
      I am really... REALLY sorry to hear that. I think you have a fantastic grip on the characters and stories that SGA should be telling. (CG was fantastic, btw. One of my absolute favorite eps!) I'd love to see you, Carl Binder, Martin Gero and Robert Cooper spearheading season 4. I'm sorry to hear that you won't be involved. VERY sorry.

As far as Irresponsible was concerned, there were parts that just made me outright laugh. The comedy stuff was hilarious.

I LOVED how Sheppard's initial reaction to Kolya was done. Great writing there, and great acting by JF.

Overall I liked the ep, but not one of my favorites. I think this appearance of Lucius was much better because it was funny but not way over the top like I felt Irresistible was. But, I wouldve liked to see more team stuff and really would've liked to see more to the showdown and death of Kolya. After all the history he and Shep had, it seemed too quick and simple. *shrug*
      sigpic
      My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
        Kolya deserved his own episode dedicated to his demise, it was such a waste, and what an undignified dead for such a great character to have to share screen time with that piece of crap called Lucius in his final episode.
        Can't we all pretend this one didn't happen, and have Kolya back?, it wouldn't be too hard for me. He deserved better, that stupidity with that idiotic Lucius piece of scum doesn't go with Kolya.
        I cant believe this is the end of Kolya - that just sucks!!!

Comment

Maybe we need a Save Ken Petition started up (joking)
          sigpic

Comment

There are a few episodes of SG-1 where it's said that the Goa'uld shields, that tech belonging to the system lords before Anubis upgraded using Thor's knowledge, was vulnerable to slow-speed attacks, as evidenced by the episode where O'Neill throws a knife through the hand of Horus, and then the ep where they shoot tranq darts through Osiris' personal shield. The scientific justification of that little weakness is certainly confusing all in itself, unless you consider that all that seems to be penetrating the shields in that manner are very small profile objects, like knives or darts.

I respect that you brought this issue up, Ken, but if they had bothered to watch "Hide and Seek" even once before writing this script, it should have been obvious that the rule about slow-moving impacts wasn't being applied in that original episode. I'm sorry, but I just can't stand inconsistencies like that, not when all you have to do is just take 43 minutes out of your busy day to simply watch it just once all the way through in order to make sure. Take some notes about your new toys, for goodness sake.

Maybe they should hire fans to 'beta' their scripts for them. Heck, I'd do it for free.
            Last edited by Jersey13; 05 December 2006, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnSheppard28 View Post
              Maybe we need a Save Ken Petition started up (joking)
              Why not? Good idea!!!
              *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

*skips the episode*
                Goes back to watching Echoes and TRW.
                sigpic
                My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                  *skips the episode*
                  Goes back to watching Echoes and TRW.
                  Good choice, I'll just erase it from my memory with bleach, and pretend it didn't happen.

Comment

I respect your views and your loyalty, Ken, but "poor translation from page to screen" only excuses so much... and it doesn't explain certain OTHER excremental eps that have been dumped on us.

Personally, I think whoever thought that Lucius was not only a good character but one worthy of being on the show more than once (and without having his guts ripped out and his head stuck on a pike) needs some serious therapy. Or perhaps a remedial course on what constitutes good writing.

Comment

For me, it wasn't about the Lucius being able to get wet, but more along the lines that in "Hide and Seek" Grodin tells Weir that only McKay can use the shield because it was imprinted, so it wouldn't work on Sheppard.

So if this is the same type of shield, shouldn't it not work on anyone but the random guy Lucius found to activate the shield? Much less Sheppard at the end of the episode? Unless there is something I missed there.
                      ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                        Personally, I think whoever thought that Lucius was not only a good character but one worthy of being on the show more than once (and without having his guts ripped out and his head stuck on a pike) needs some serious therapy. Or perhaps a remedial course on what constitutes good writing.
                        Or perhaps a good detox?.

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt View Post
                          For me, it wasn't about the Lucius being able to get wet, but more along the lines that in "Hide and Seek" Grodin tells Weir that only McKay can use the shield because it was imprinted, so it wouldn't work on Sheppard.

So if this is the same type of shield, shouldn't it not work on anyone but the random guy Lucius found to activate the shield? Much less Sheppard at the end of the episode? Unless there is something I missed there.
                          I'm sorry, were you expecting continuity?? This is Stargate, we don't hold no truck with that kind 'o muddlymuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                            shots of John's crotch
                            Best. Spoiler. Ever.

Comment

Oh man, I'm so scared to watch this episode now.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                                I'm sorry, were you expecting continuity?? This is Stargate, we don't hold no truck with that kind 'o muddlymuck.
                                *sigh* I guess i was hoping for too much there. And forgot it was Stargate for a minute there.
                                ~Athena

Comment

Working...
                                X