Irresponsible (313)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheReturnOfTheLantian View Post
    so dose Koyla die?? and how dose sheppard find his team?? and why would you give it 2/10 tbh not being horrible. you should be greatfull that stargate atlantis is showing in canada when other places in the world dont get it. and they have to buy the DVD's
    Yes he dies... well as much as anyone dies in scifi, 2/10 because it was boring...boring in that nothing really happened of interest to this viewer and I live in Australia so don't talk to me about having to wait to see SGA on TV.

Look having enjoyed Echoes and not just because of McKay, I found this episode to be a total waste of time, filler doesn't have to mean boring but in this we got boring, lame and a half hearted attempt at humour. It is a pity, as this will be remembered as the ep that Koyla died... it should have been better, so much better. Oh but apparently it was written by Joe M? Oh dear... I like Joe M but wow this is getting bad.

Also I will say all the actors even what's his name were good, Joe Flanigan did the best with a very bad script, I liked the way he was kinda smirking at Rodney over his hero love of Batman and it was at least nice to hear someone having a problem with the women massaging what's his names feet.

Ah well... is Sunday next?

Comment

last time they introduce lucius.. it was such a dumb episode.. i turned it off not even half way through.. it just pissed me off really bad.. and now this one.. ridiculous..

M&M have really dumb ideas.. wasting production money.. and wasting an episode for a season.. and our time.

what makes them think this is a good idea!?

yes i agree binder should be full time.. i honestly like the episodes he written so far.. though not alot.. but they are always interesting right from the start..

Comment

I honestly didn't mind this ep - it was by no means awful though I agree definitely not one of the best. It is an utter shame that they didn't do more with the Sheppard/Kolya thing, after all the wonderful build up of CG, but honestly, I didn't have high hopes for that anyway - right from the start the inclusion of Lucius in this ep told me the focus was gonna be on comedy rather than the truly dark, dramatic aspects of Kolya and Sheppard.

I actually really quite liked Irresistible and found Lucius a good character in that context - that ep started out funny and his character buffoonish etc but it progressively got darker and we saw quite how manipulative and evil Lucius was. In this ep, we didn't have that darker undertone and Lucius was more 2-dimensional - no real depth to him and more irritating than anything. I also felt the ep focused too much on him - I was about ready to smack him one myself when he was prattling to Sheppard with his ideas for an action plan - and, as I said, I previously didn't mind the character!

I would have loved to have seen more dramatic repercussions to the events of CG and better use made of Kolya but there was stll much to enjoy in this ep and I certainly don't hate it. I just kinda wish they'd made it just a Lucius comedy ep and let Ken C write an entirely separate ep wrapping up the Sheppard/Kolya arc. I don't think the two storylines gelled.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by techjunkie
          The funny thing was - this was the first Atlantis (nee Stargate) episode we channel surfed through. That's right - we started watching something else.
          For me it was the very first time that I closed my eyes during an ep, that I didn't care if I missed a second, that I actually wished that it was over soon. I never felt like this when watching SGA because I love this show so much. I even watched "The Tower" with more interest, and this was my least favourite episode so far.
          Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
          It is a pity, as this will be remembered as the ep that Koyla died... it should have been better, so much better.
          I'm still quite dissapointed that this was the "Kolya dies" ep. He was such a great villain, he deserved a better death ep. An ep with a different mood and atmosphere, and ep that focusses on him, with an end that really has an emotional impact on the viewer, even though Kolya was the bad guy. He was important, he should have had a more important end.

Ah well... is Sunday next?
          I'm so looking forward to this ep!!!

Bye, A.
          ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
          ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar View Post
            I'm still quite dissapointed that this was the "Kolya dies" ep. He was such a great villain, he deserved a better death ep. An ep with a different mood and atmosphere, and ep that focusses on him, with an end that really has an emotional impact on the viewer, even though Kolya was the bad guy. He was important, he should have had a more important end.
            I feel robbed, he deserved better, what they did with his final episode it's unforgivable.

Comment

And the worst thing is that he had to be killed in this episode and that Robert Davi has returned bc of probably the worst episode ever.

You know, after I read it here, I didn´t expect anything. Maybe some Irrisestible 2 but I was dissapointed anyway. Usually, wait nothing, helps. I didn´t expect anything from Echoes and it was so great episode...

Is it next week already? I am looking forward to Sunday, which wrote Martin Gero. He understands to characters in SGA and he can write for them...

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Add me to the list of people who were, if nothing else, entertained by the episode. I didn't think it was half bad. Certainly not the best, but it wasn't awful or anything. It was definitely filler, but it was entertaining filler. And unlike "Irresistible," it was pretty clear to me this time that the episode was more tongue-in-cheek - no more of that "am I supposed to take this seriously?" confusion.

-Loved the western theme that went through the episode - the saloon girls, the "riders" from out of town coming in an threatening, the town heroes, the showdown at high noon...

-Some hilarious dialogue! I loved the scene at the beginning where the team discussed their heroes. It's the little character bits like that that I really get into! Loved Ronon's response, too. ("He was a funny guy, too.") And Rodney trying to dig out of the cell? Priceless!

-My only major complaint (aside from some technological continuity errors, but I can more or less forget about those) is that Kolya was killed so quickly. For a guy who's been a thorn in the Lanteans' side since season one, that was one quick little death scene. Personally, I was miffed that he died at all (hands-down, he's been my favorite villain), but that it was just a quick shot was even more disappointing. I would have even been happier if the confrontation between Shep and Kolya had been drawn out more, but it didn't even last 30 seconds! And it really didn't look like there was any way he could have survived - if he did, there's going to have to be some serious explaining.
                "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by JohnSheppard28 View Post
                  Maybe we need a Save Ken Petition started up (joking)
                  and Martin Gero, and Carl Binder. From the con reports, JF mentioned that he moved his family back to California. Does he know something about season 4 that we don't? He obviously knew ahead of time that Brad and Robert was going to pass the show to Mullie & Mallozi.

Comment

Question!

Mullie and Mallozzi won't be EPing AND head writing, will they? In general, it doesn't seem like a great idea to have the only EPs play the only head writers as well... unless, of course, you're looking to save some money.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                      OK other then killing Koyla
                      Aw damn. Kolya was my favorite Atlantis baddie. He was far more interesting than the wraith. I liked his adversarial games with Sheppard and McKay. He was a worthy opponent and had the potential to grow into a stronger and more long term threat. What a waste.

I think it was a mistake to kill him off (assuming they did) and it sounds like the way they did it was more of a whimper than a bang. What a shame. If you're going to kill off a cool villain, it should be in a smart, satisfying way--a way that suits the gravity of the threat Kolya always imposed.

And Kolya was a genuine threat, a threat to be respected, and not perfunctorily finished off as an afterthought in another mindlessly frothy Lucius episode. That seems like poor storytelling, to me.

Comment

Originally posted by majortrip View Post
                        Everything about the use of that shield and the disregard for what had been established bothered me. And I appreciate the explanation, I do. But I suppose what I was looking for was some sort of explanation that they'd learned more about the shield or something along those lines, rather than just ignoring what we learned in H&S.

And, that's the last I'll say on the matter.

And, yes, as a long time viewer, I do expect some continuity.
                        ITA. Instantly, I thought of H&S when Lucius was explaining the shield (when I first saw it on him I was "OMG! he has the gene!") then the explanation left me scratching my head. One of the reasons I've watched stargate in general (and Atlantis devotedly from the beginning) was because I really thought care was paid to detail. Plot holes happen but come on! You could fly a Gould Mothership through this one!

Sorry, I have to agree that the slow moving object thing doesn't work b/c of the coffee in H&S (heck even Shep's hand when he tried to grab it, or Rodney's hand for that matter) and what about the imprinting on the wearer? The shield wouldn't work for Shep in H&S it was established that the sheilds imprinted. The only explanation that would've fit established canon was that Lucius had the gene, and activated it himself. As for the water dunking. *shrugs* got me. I always wondered how Rodney managed to breathe through the shield in H&S.

Originally posted by Kliggins View Post
                        oh yay *yawn*
                        In RE: to M & M becoming the EPs on SGA. Sorry, I have nothing against them personally, but if the recent scripts including *wince*The Tower*wince* are any indication, I'm not filled with a lot of optomism. I'm a devoted SGA fan and will watch and hope. The only good I could see coming from this is RC having the time to write and direct more eps. He, KC and CB should be doing the SGA work.

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                        LOL, I have to laugh otherwise I might cry.
                        *wishes Binder would write full time, hey it might come true *
                        ITA!
                        sigpic
                        My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

Originally posted by smushybird View Post
                          I think it was a mistake to kill him off (assuming they did) and it sounds like the way they did it was more of a whimper than a bang. What a shame. If you're going to kill off a cool villain, it should be in a smart, satisfying way--a way that suits the gravity of the threat Kolya always imposed.
                          It would have been less frustrating to have Sheppard shoot him by the end of CG, when Sheppard didn't kill him there I thought it was to use Kolya's greatness in some other episode, not to do this travesty.

I just can't wrap my mind around this, who thought it would be a good idea to put Kolya on an episode with that scumbag Lucius?.
                          Last edited by Luz; 05 December 2006, 02:30 PM.

Comment

i'm getting a bad vibe from this episode
                            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                              Question!

Mullie and Mallozzi won't be EPing AND head writing, will they? In general, it doesn't seem like a great idea to have the only EPs play the only head writers as well... unless, of course, you're looking to save some money.
                              Well I guess they've got to find the extra money for Amanda Tapping's paycheck from somewhere...
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
                                It would have been less frustrating to have Sheppard shoot him by the end of CG, when Sheppard didn't kill him there I thought it was to use Kolya's greatness in some other episode, not to do this transvestite.

I just can't wrap my mind around this, who thought it would be a good idea to put Kolya on an episode with that scumbag Lucius?.
                                I'm sorry... I shouldn't... but I really can't help myself... Please tell me that you meant to say travesty and not that one of the village wenches was a man in drag or something?

I'm sorry, I shouldn't tease - your English is better than most native-speakers.. but I am a sad language-fan nitpicker who can't help but find these things amusing...

*slopes back off to the corner, giggling to herself in a slightly insane manner*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X