The Lost Boys (210)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major Tyler
    It's likely that the "tip" was planted by Ford or one of his men to lure AR-1 to the ambush planet.
    Precisely. The Athosians don't seem to be particularly canny about people.

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
      Precisely. The Athosians don't seem to be particularly canny about people.
      LOL, that does seem to be the case.

Comment

I'm really quite disturbed at what I perceive as Gateworld's cheap shot at this episode.

"Series-low ratings" scream the headlines.......

.....and in the fine print, Gateworld gets around to mentioning that the margin of difference that made this THE DREADFUL LOWEST was about 2/10th of a point off average.

Stargate SG-1 2.1
        Battlestar Galactica 2.0
        Stargate Atlantis 2.0

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 7/18/05 - 7/24/05

Stargate SG-1 2.0
        Battlestar Galactica 1.9
        Stargate Atlantis 1.9

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 8/1/05 - 8/7/05

Stargate Atlantis 2.1
        Battlestar Galactica 2.0
        Stargate SG-1 2.0

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 8/8/05 - 8/14/05

Battlestar Galactica 2.1
        Stargate SG-1 1.9
        Stargate Atlantis 1.9

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 8/15/05 - 8/21/05

Pterodactyl 2.6
        Stargate Atlantis 2.2
        Battlestar Galactica 2.1
        Stargate SG-1 1.9

9-12-2005
        Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 8/22/05 - 8/28/05

I can't say I'm surprised because, heh, nothing Gateworld would do would surprise me. But I have to ask, why?

Rhetorical. I don't expect an answer.
        ~*~*~*~*~*
        not so ancient

http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style4,...pc-ancient.png
        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg

PLEASE donate to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Disaster Relief ~ My LJ ~ My Disclaimer ~ A Mitch Pileggi Discussion Group

Comment

Originally posted by not so ancient
          I'm really quite disturbed at what I perceive as Gateworld's cheap shot at this episode... But I have to ask, why?
          What!? Are you serious? You honestly don't know why they reported this? You honestly think it's a "cheap shot?" They said "Series-Low Rating" because it's the truth. They didn't say "Gee, the episode sucked," they said that the episode got low ratings because it did! The article itself didn't "bash" the episode, quite the opposite.
          Originally posted by not so ancient
          I can't say I'm surprised because, heh, nothing Gateworld would do would surprise me.
          Judging by this statement I just think you're trying to find an excuse to bash GateWorld...lame.
          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

What!? Are you serious? You honestly don't know why they reported this? You honestly think it's a "cheap shot?" They said "Series-Low Rating" because it's the truth. They didn't say "Gee, the episode sucked," they said that the episode got low ratings because it did!
            Zooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom. Did you miss something going right over your head?

It's not the factuality of the matter I'm disputing. I didn't call anyone a liar.

It's how the facts were presented. I'm questioning the slant to the story in how the lead is written in relation to the facts, and the greater context of the facts. The difference is so small from 'season average' to 'season high rating' to 'season low rating' that a headline that suggests more importance to the difference than exists is misleading editorialization.

It's like saying:

JANE WAS TAKEN TO THE HOSPITAL!!!
            where she was treated for a sprained ankle, from which she is expected to make a full recovery in 2 weeks.

The article itself didn't "bash" the episode, quite the opposite.Judging by this statement I just think you're trying to find an excuse to bash GateWorld...lame.
            Snort. The stories I could tell, if I were allowed. That 'if' will get you every time.
            ~*~*~*~*~*
            not so ancient

http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style4,...pc-ancient.png
            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg

PLEASE donate to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Disaster Relief ~ My LJ ~ My Disclaimer ~ A Mitch Pileggi Discussion Group

Comment

Originally posted by mgbland
              Sheppard tried the "play it cool" card. Unfortunately, he didn't have a plan "B" in the case Ford saw through his Atlantis plan. Dylan Hunt would have had a plan "B."
              Having watched every single Andromeda episode, I can easily saw the two characters are very different. My take on the two is Dylan Hunt had a bit of a crazy side. At times his crew questioned his sanity. Col. Sheppard is more level headed and more cautious. He tries to take the path that leads to the safety of others. I had to question Dylan Hunts' decision sometimes as to whether he cared more for his plans to succeed even at the expense of lives. Sometimes a person has to work through a situation one step at a time.

Dylan came off brash to me whereas Sheppard comes off as a man who thinks through the situation and is ready to revise his choses as needing. Give me a commander who can play it cool anyday over one who can sometimes be too bold.
              "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
              'Eleanor Roosevelt'
              Individuality is freedom lived.
              'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis1

Dylan [Hunt]came off brash to me whereas Sheppard comes off as a man who thinks through the situation and is ready to revise his choses as needing. Give me a commander who can play it cool anyday over one who can sometimes be too bold.
                Most of Dylan's Plan "Bs" were very risky!

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis1
                  Having watched every single Andromeda episode, I can easily saw the two characters are very different. My take on the two is Dylan Hunt had a bit of a crazy side. At times his crew questioned his sanity. Col. Sheppard is more level headed and more cautious. He tries to take the path that leads to the safety of others. I had to question Dylan Hunts' decision sometimes as to whether he cared more for his plans to succeed even at the expense of lives. Sometimes a person has to work through a situation one step at a time.

Dylan came off brash to me whereas Sheppard comes off as a man who thinks through the situation and is ready to revise his choses as needing. Give me a commander who can play it cool anyday over one who can sometimes be too bold.
                  I've not seen all that much of andromeda, but enough to agree that the two dharacters are very different.

I completely agree with you that Sheppard is more level headed and calm. Take, for example his reaction to finding out ford had drugged him and his team? (even tho it turned out that Sheppard hadn't been drugged) McKay, Teyla & Ronon were furious, and he appeared to be almost indifferent. i've seen some comments slamming him for that as not 'protecting' his team - but the deed was done, what was he supposed to do? Instead of going bannana's, he had a plan of sorts, and stuck to it. you gotta give him credit for that.

And SP - I too would love to see Shep with a light saber...
                  FBI - Special Agent VonKnibble. Head of the Post-Whump Protectorate
                  There is no point in arguing with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

Finally seen this episode.
                    I really liked it. It was nicely paced, perhaps a bit slow at the beginning with the Ford flashbacks, but they were necessary for the story.
                    I loved the end of the episode. The tension really built up. The fight scenes were excellent, the fx of the Hive ship were really good.
                    I don't believe Sheppard acted poorly here in any way. There has been criticism that he didn't burst a blood vessel about the team being drugged. I think Sheppard got it right here. What would be the point in screaming and shouting? Playing it cool is Sheppard's MO. He wanted Ford to trust him so he could try and escape with the team. I also beleive he wanted to help Ford and maybe get him back to Atlantis. So I actually liked Sheppard here.
                    I enjoyed the scene where Sheppard calmed Rodney down, explaining his plan, that was a nice touch.
                    I also enjoyed the R2D2 line, that was so funny, as was' Would you mind checking the oil?' LOL!
                    I liked that Ronon is so loyal to Sheppard. His, 'If he dies, you die' line was touching.
                    Then the evil cliffhanger! Sheppard looked so defiant, yet vulnerable at the end. Another great bit of acting from Mr. F.!
                    Three weeks before The Hive airs, am looking forward to it, though I've read reviews, many of which have not been glowing. We'll see...
                    So, a great episode and cliffhanger.
                    sigpic

Comment

A great episode with good suspence, great writing, and fantastic acting. The fight scenes were great and the storyline was flawless. The only downside was the cliffhanger, as we have to wait so long for it to be concluded

9/9 Chevrons
                      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Well...LOVED IT. Caught it on the rerun since I was at a party initially but I loved it. Was great seeing Ford again, and I thought the story was fantastic and very well exicuted.

I loved the scenes on the Wraith ship, and the interior of the Wraith bay was really cool and lol anyone see the biomechanic ladders?
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

1. Ford was OK at some points in this ep and at others an outright git, though his exchanges with Sheppard were cool.

2. OK...how are Teyla and Ronan going to get off the enzyme?

3. And what the heck was that Wraith doing to Sheppard right at the end?

4. One more thing I'll add in, looking at Lorne's behaviour when talking with Weir about Sheppard's team.

The guy was previously at the SGC, where SG1 get given "we're not worthy" treatment. Anyone else got the impression that he might have become tired of that and so transferred on to Atlantis...only for Sheppard and crew to get given similar treatment there?

Overall, good ep, definate improvment on Aurora though "The Storm" has the edge on it. Too close to call between it and Conversion though.
                          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Really liked this episode!

Haven't read every post on this thread, but I understand that some think that Sheppard should've reacted more strongly to his team being drugged. Hmmm...don't think so! My take on it is, he's a leader. A leader is supposed to be level-headed and calm in volatile situations, to try and defuse the problem. If he'd been more 'emotional' about it, I think he could've inflamed the issue. Our guy knew what he was doing!!

Great to see Ford again. I'm loving Rainbow's portrayal of him now. I know he's in 'The Hive' and I'd like to think he'll be back at a future time.

Shep and the Wraith Queen!! Fancy leaving him in that position over the Xmas holidays!!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
                              1. Ford was OK at some points in this ep and at others an outright git, though his exchanges with Sheppard were cool.
                              The enzyme seems to bring out the worst in people so perhaps Ford always had the potential for outright gitness.

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor
                                *snip*

Shep and the Wraith Queen!! Fancy leaving him in that position over the Xmas holidays!!

Something tells me that wasn't exactly on his Christmas list.

And his New Year's resolution? Don't ever go into a crazy situation that will land him kneeling before a Wraith Queen. Ever.
                                Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Working...
                                X