No announcement yet.

The Lost Boys (210)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not really fond of the drugged up boys. I strongly disagree with the way in which drug use was protrayed. The down sides were not really shown and they glossed over the detox. An okay overall episode, but I will not be rewatching too often.

Sigs by the lovely CSOM, Sonja and from the Tokrafans community on LJ.

Comment

i don't like the dart prop
      R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Anyone else notice the group's weapons? And the weapons the Wraith were carrying in this episode? They're the same from the SG-1 Season 3 episode New Ground. I hate when they recycle weapons like that.

Comment

they dont have unlimited money
          R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

There were wraith twins !!!! how can you not love that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ??????????? But yes, i can say, not the best episode. I liked it, but didn't LOVE it.
            sigpic

Comment

I love seeing Ford again, such a shame he wasn't around very long.
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, Ford was great in this one. Creepy too... Great ep though.
                sigpic

Comment

Drug addicts! This episode reminds me of the dilemmas with athletes and whether or not to take performance enhancing drugs. Overall a good episode, it's nice to find more about the Wraith and to see Ford again. I wonder how much mentally he has been changed by the enzyme and whether or not it is permanent.
                  At the moment it is Phobos (though time is limited; it is suppose to crash into Mars in the next 100 million years )

Comment

I loved the fight between Ronon and Tayla. It must have been fun to stage!
                    Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

I liked the rivalry between Ford and Ronin in this ep.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                      "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                      a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Originally posted by Lunaeclipse View Post
                        I liked the rivalry between Ford and Ronin in this ep.
                        So did I. I liked Ford much better after he got on the enzyme. He was more of an obnoxious kid before. There was some good opportunities for them to have Ford come to regret his actions, mature, and eventually come off the enzyme. His character would have matured considerably and probably would have been more likeable to me.

Comment

Originally posted by cynatnite View Post
                          So did I. I liked Ford much better after he got on the enzyme. He was more of an obnoxious kid before. There was some good opportunities for them to have Ford come to regret his actions, mature, and eventually come off the enzyme. His character would have matured considerably and probably would have been more likeable to me.
                          Yeah, the enzyme definitely made him more interesting. I liked Ford as a member of the team before, but if I had to choose, it would be Ronin hands down. Having a good guy turn and become a kind of bad guy makes interesting exchanges when the heroes meet up with them again and, in my opinion, gives it more depth.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                          "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                          a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

From Joe Mallozzi's Blog:
                            http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...the-lost-boys/
                            THE LOST BOYS (110)

Lieutenant Ford makes his triumphant return. And he’s brought along some friends (one of whom, Kanayo, is played by Martin Gero’s friend, and occasional writing-producing partner, Aaron Abrams)! Atlantis goes Independence Day as our heroes hatch a plan to pilot a dart into a hive ship and, once there, plant explosives that will take out the ship – once they’re long gone of course. Naturally, this being Stargate (and a two-parter no less!) things don’t go exactly as planned. It’s interesting seeing the increasingly unbalanced Ford manipulate his former teammates, equally interesting to see McKay, Teyla, and Ronon (in an appetizer for Broken Ties) react to the drug coursing through their respective systems.

As was the case with all of our mid-season two-parters, although they may have aired months apart, they were shot back to back. In this case, directors Brad Turner and Martin Wood did the honors – Brad on The Lost boys and Martin on The Hive although, for efficiency’s sake, all of the hive ship sequences were directed by Martin while Brad directed all of the scenes on Ford’s planet.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
                              Good episode however it wasn't the best episode of Season 2. Of the episodes aired this season it would rank between 4 and 6. Now Back to Galactica.
                              Agreed, it was kind of a boring episode.

Monday, the conclusion to this kind of boring episode.
                              sigpic

Comment

Funny JM mentions "going Independence Day", it's all I could think of when Sheppard was flying the Wraith dart into the hive ship.

I really liked the effects of the dart displays on the opaque canopy over Sheppard's head. It made it more fun to see how he dealt with flying it when faced with such a different way of displaying flight and craft status.

Poor old Ford, and the freaky eye is back! Still believing he was better for using the enzyme and then convincing others of the same. Spaced out in every way!!! I was watching him in a show called 'The Listener' the other day and couldn't get used to seeing him without that eye!

Ford and his gang seemed to be a lot better at getting hold of intel on the Wraith than the Atlantis teams. He reminded me a little of a Bond villain holed up in his lair, wining and dining his 'enemies' and false pleasantries before continuing with his nefarious plans to use them!

Comment

Working...
                                X