No announcement yet.

The Lost Boys (210)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found the commercials for this episode incredibly annoying, as they used this last scene with Sheppard kneeling before the Wraith. Previews should not have the last scenes if there is going to be any suspense or surprise at all. We all knew, thanks to the commercials, that Shep was going to be captured by the Wraith.
    SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Quite liked this epesode although would have liked to see more of wraith tech ie the dhd on their darts. Do hate cliffhangers though.

I apologise if this has been asked and answered as haven't hade time to go through all threads here but does any one know why wraith stunners were able to stun those on the enzyme. The only thing I could come up with was that the wraith adapted their weapons or shot them too many times which didn't appear to be the case. I am curous since so much emphasis was placed on people on the enzime being almost imune to wraith weapons which was contradicted when they seemed to go down with one shot hits.

Comment

The situation about them being shot was either (a) the wraith shot them a lot so sooner or later they had to go down or (b) the enzyme was wearing off.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
          The situation about them being shot was either (a) the wraith shot them a lot so sooner or later they had to go down or (b) the enzyme was wearing off.
          Thanks for that i assumed it would be some thing along those lines although I hadn't considered the enzyme wearing off but it is a good explanation. Their resistence could even be linked to how soon they had the enzyme simular to wraith healing and feeding. I even theorised that Ford and the ones taking it for longer could even be building up a tollorance to the enzyme so its not working as well on them any more although of course that wouldn't explain why ronan n taylor were effected as they wouldn't have had time to build up that sort of tollorance.
          I hope it will be addressed tho in a future ep if not the conclusion of this one so we know for sure.

Comment

The bit with the flashbomb made me think, "Counter-strike:Atlantis"
            You go ahead, I'll be right behind you (In an F-302)
            And now for a completely unconnected series of random smilies:

Comment

I saved this epy on tape and watched it back-to-back with Hive when it aired last week. And while I enjoyed both episodes a lot, this idea has popped into my head that's been bugging me.

That is, in Hive, we find out that Ford left only two of his men to guard McKay. So we have to assume that Sheppard knew this too, because, well, he can count, right?

So, if I were Sheppard, I would just scoop up everyone into the Dart, land the Dart, sneak into Ford's hideout and take out the two guards, then get Rodney to fix the DHD and go back to Atlantis.

Of course, if he did that, we'd be short one and a half episodes, including the terrific "hopped-out Rodney" scenes, so I'd have to say I'm glad he didn't.

But while I suppose we could chalk this up as yet another glaring plot hole in the Stargate universe, before I do that, I'm wondering if anyone can come up with a good argument why Shep wouldn't have thought of my plan, or would have thought of it and decided against it.

Any thoughts?
              Last edited by Night Spring; 14 January 2006, 09:19 AM.
              Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
              Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
              -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

I haven't rewatched it but wasn't the dart preprogrammed to go through the gate?

Comment

I can't think how Ford could of possibly of done that without McKay knowing. McKay was the one fixing that dart after all and hardly let Jace touch a thing.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
                    I haven't rewatched it but wasn't the dart preprogrammed to go through the gate?
                    Just rechecked, and what Ford says is they rigged the dart's DHD so that it only dials the gate where they are going to meet the hive ship, and then back to their planet. So Shep can't fly the dart back to Atlantis, but I don't see why he can't just land the dart on Ford's planet.

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                    I can't think how Ford could of possibly of done that without McKay knowing. McKay was the one fixing that dart after all and hardly let Jace touch a thing.
                    Yeah. I thought that too. This particular plot hole, I'm not even going to attempt to explain!
                    Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Originally posted by Night Spring
                      Just rechecked, and what Ford says is they rigged the dart's DHD so that it only dials the gate where they are going to meet the hive ship, and then back to their planet. So Shep can't fly the dart back to Atlantis, but I don't see why he can't just land the dart on Ford's planet.
                      Yes, you're right. It's a Giant Eagle* plothole.

*If the giant eagles can pick up Frodo and Sam from Mt Doom, why couldn't they take them there in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
                        Yes, you're right. It's a Giant Eagle* plothole.
                        Glad to hear you agree!

*If the giant eagles can pick up Frodo and Sam from Mt Doom, why couldn't they take them there in the first place?
                        Unfortunately, however, I don't agree that those Giant Eagles are a plot hole -- though I almost wish I did, since they make such striking and effective metaphors for a plot hole.

But as I understand it, Sam and Frodo couldn't fly to Mt. Doom on the Eagles, because they would have been spotted by Sauron's forces. But by the time the Eagles picked them up, Sauron had been defeated, so it didn't matter if anybody saw the Eagles.
                        Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Ah, but the giant eagle flew Gandalf away so it's entirely possible they were stealth giant eagles.

Comment

The Giant Eagle flew Gandalf away from Saruman, who was still busy building up his armies down in his pits, so they were a little busy. And it might have taken Saruman a little bit of time to conjur up a spell to take down that eagle (after he had gotten over his initial shock), and by then it would've been a little late. Bit of a difference between Saruman and Sauron.

If you're going to compare plotholes, use a plothole that can't be filled up. .
                            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

[QUOTE=Easter Lily]
                              The Lost Boys... eh? As in Peter Pan, Captain Hook, Never Never Land... Yeah, the Lost Boys who thought they could take on the Indians and got captured instead... Sounds vaguely familiar.
                              QUOTE]

That's an interesting idea. I had originally thought of The Lost Boys movie from 1987 with the Coreys and Kiefer in it. They were a band of boy vampires, not unlike Ford's band of boy vampires, but of course Ford and his boys drain their victums of enzyme rather than blood. Though I believe that the idea for this movie probably came from from the original lost boys, Capt. Hook, etc.

Also, did anyone else think Ford's dart was cheesy? Organic indeed.

I believe Andee Frizzell played all the Wraith queens/keepers. She looks so tall in Rising. How do they make her look so much smaller in this episode? Amazing.

Comment

[QUOTE=Serenity228;5466034]
                                Originally posted by Easter Lily
                                The Lost Boys... eh? As in Peter Pan, Captain Hook, Never Never Land... Yeah, the Lost Boys who thought they could take on the Indians and got captured instead... Sounds vaguely familiar.
                                QUOTE]

That's an interesting idea. I had originally thought of The Lost Boys movie from 1987 with the Coreys and Kiefer in it. They were a band of boy vampires, not unlike Ford's band of boy vampires, but of course Ford and his boys drain their victums of enzyme rather than blood. Though I believe that the idea for this movie probably came from from the original lost boys, Capt. Hook, etc.

Also, did anyone else think Ford's dart was cheesy? Organic indeed.

I believe Andee Frizzell played all the Wraith queens/keepers. She looks so tall in Rising. How do they make her look so much smaller in this episode? Amazing.
                                Both Peter Pan and the Kiefer movie popped in my head when I heard the ep title. I didn't think Ford's dart was cheesy, just Wraithy. I don't know how they made Andee look smaller in this ep, maybe she had taller shoes in the Rising? Camera angles?

I loved this ep! I figured I'd like it when I saw Martin Gero wrote it. Ford was cool. McKay rocked with his rightful indignation over being drugged. (The toking pot in college line was hilarious!) I think Sheppard handled Ford well, though he was a little too wishful to think Ford really wanted to go home - though Ford convinced me at first too.

The tension between Ronon and Teyla while they were eating was pretty sexy and cool. If Sheppard hadn't been there, I think the wrestling would have moved into a different arena, if you know what I mean.

Neat info about the Wraith - the Jase character was interesting. I liked how Ford's people were cobbling technology together and working out some Wraith intel.

Regarding first killing the Wraith for the enzyme and then just locking them up and draining the Wraith - that is screwed up! It puts the title "The Lost Boys" into the vampire-realm. Ford and his people were no better than the Wraith.

Best Line: Sheppard asking R2 to help him. ROTF!

I feared a bit for Shep at the end of the ep because he was at the mercy of the Wraith Queen. (But it was kinda sexy too. - Proud Shep Thunker) It was a looong week waiting for The Hive!

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                                O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Working...
                                X