The Storm (110)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
    Evolution is dependant o the environment, survivla of the fittest, it can't be predetermined it would defeat the point.
    That's what they want you to think!
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

could it not have been interupted anyway, somehow intervened? as a means of predetermined?
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Koyla stated at the end that he didn't like even.

Well, I like even!!!

Comment

This was an ok episode, but a little slow.

The problem with 2 part stories is that the first ep is used to build up to the ep 2 climax, so the story tends to be a little thin, but apart from that, not a bad ep.
          sigpic

Comment

I can't believe Scifi is going to skip the Eye and go straight to the Defient One. What the hey is with that? You can't show part one then neglect part two! Aren't they thinking of poor souls who missed them the first time around!?!
            Last edited by GatetheWay; 19 May 2005, 11:31 AM.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
              I can't believe Scifi is going to skip the Eye and go straight to the Defient One. What the hey is with that? You can't show part one then neglect part two! Aren't they thinking of poor soles who missed them the first time around!?!
              Well, either they are NOT thinking of the poor souls who missed it the first time OR thay have screwed up, BIG TIME!
              On fighting:
              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Well I saw this episode last night. Confirmed what I thought always about Sheppard. He's a wussy.
                Last edited by Panther; 19 May 2005, 06:46 PM.

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands"
                - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC-65AD)

Why it's a "magazine" and not a "clip".

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay:
                  I can't believe Scifi is going to skip the Eye and go straight to the Defient One. What the hey is with that? You can't show part one then neglect part two!...
                  Nooooooo! But it's TRUE. I just checked Sci-Fi's schedulebot and there is no EYE being shown in sequencial order (for this viewing round of repeats). First "38 Minutes" goes missing and now the EYE?

agh! That's probably because they heard I wanted to tape both parts (Storm with the Eye), until I could buy the DVD set. Actually, I wanted my hubby to see it, because it was so good (especially, when seen together), but now that's not possible in the near near future. So, that idea is all *washed out* now...

Otherwise, it might seem that either they (at Sci-Fi) are being deliberately mean to USA viewers, or they just don't care that significantly for SG:Atlantis; and this is one of their methods to wean those who do watch from getting too attached to the series. Hoping this is NOT the case...

One can only wonder what will happen with "The Gift" since that episode refers back to something from "38 Minutes".

If none of the above is the fault of the problem scheduling, then someone miscalculated and chopped out a few SG:A eps to fit into the July 15th premiere for "The Siege, Part 3". They just chose those eps they most likely deemed not important for viewing, or the better reason would be to give incentive in buying the SG:A DVD (Season 1-complete set) when it finally becomes available.

And that sort of makes me wonder why "38 Minutes" and "The EYE" fell into so much controversy on these forums, in the first place as being targeted as not being *interesting* eps.... Gosh! (in the meantime) I gotta work from memory in joining some of these discussions, because I recycled the first (VCR) viewing of those eps... oh no! such cruelty- waiting til November or December for the missing eps!
                  ...DVD is definitely on my Christmas / birthday list!

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa
                    agh! That's probably because they heard I wanted to tape both parts (Storm with the Eye), until I could buy the DVD set.
                    I'm with you, SGalisa. Now, I have to wait until the set comes out, too. That is two shows that should be watch together.

Comment

It's a little bit of a worry that at this half way point of the season I have found the show to be pretty ordinary after all the hype I've read.
                      Honestly, how many races in the pegasus galaxy will just be 'humans in period costume'.Ifind it hard to take the Genii seriously with their cheap world war twoish type outfits and whatsaname from StarTrek with his bad American accent.
                      You'd think the writers could be just a little bit creative?

Comment

They look more late industrial revolution than WW2 uniforms. By that time, most armies had more modern looking uniforms.

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands"
                        - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC-65AD)

Why it's a "magazine" and not a "clip".

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa
                          Nooooooo! But it's TRUE. I just checked Sci-Fi's schedulebot and there is no EYE being shown in sequencial order (for this viewing round of repeats). First "38 Minutes" goes missing and now the EYE?

agh! That's probably because they heard I wanted to tape both parts (Storm with the Eye), until I could buy the DVD set. Actually, I wanted my hubby to see it, because it was so good (especially, when seen together), but now that's not possible in the near near future. So, that idea is all *washed out* now...

Otherwise, it might seem that either they (at Sci-Fi) are being deliberately mean to USA viewers, or they just don't care that significantly for SG:Atlantis; and this is one of their methods to wean those who do watch from getting too attached to the series. Hoping this is NOT the case...
                          SciFi is holding an Atlantis marathon on Friday July 8. Showing 19 episodes, I hope they intend leave off The Siege, part 2, to air right before the first episode of the third season. However, since SG1, Atlantis AND Battlestar Galactica all start their new episodes on July 15, I don't know what they intend to do about the one missing episode, whichever it is.

SciFi should care about Atlantis. It's their second highest rated show, behind Battlestar. Atlantis beats out SG1, which comes in 3rd.

My kind of guy:
                          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                          (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by david2708
                            It's a little bit of a worry that at this half way point of the season I have found the show to be pretty ordinary after all the hype I've read.
                            Honestly, how many races in the pegasus galaxy will just be 'humans in period costume'.Ifind it hard to take the Genii seriously with their cheap world war twoish type outfits and whatsaname from StarTrek with his bad American accent.
                            You'd think the writers could be just a little bit creative?
                            His name is Colm Meany, an excellent actor, and most series usually don't have spectacular first seasons. The writers are not only developing storylines, but also trying to develop the characters, not an easy thing to do.

As for "how many races in the Pegasus Galaxy will "just" be humans in period costume"......why don't you wait until Season 2? I recall SG-1 had a rather medicocre first season, with lots of humanoid races in period dress.

Either give TPTB a chance with the series, or stop watching it. You have the power, you just turn it off.

Just my opinion, but I usually prefer to watch a second season, and then decide.

As for the Episode in question, The Eye, it was, in my opinion, one of the better ones in the season, as the Genii were smart enough to use the storm, to take over Atlantis when it was most vulnerable.
                            On fighting:
                            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                              As for the Episode in question, The Eye, it was, in my opinion, one of the better ones in the season, as the Genii were smart enough to use the storm, to take over Atlantis when it was most vulnerable.
                              The Storm/The Eye were some of my favorite eps from the season as well, not only because of the Genii arc continuation, but for the development between characters. I think you get to see a lot of Sheppard's determination and loyalty to his team and especially Weir and Mckay while they were being held hostage. Plus, some nice Mckay moments where he battles his ongoing inner conflict between heroics and fear. Some meaty stuff in this ep and I think it made the show much stronger!
                              Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
                              :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

Originally posted by david2708
                                with his bad American accent.
                                Bad US accent? I've never heard Colm Meany use a US accent of any quality - particularly in Atlantis. The guy's Irish and most of the Earth characters he plays are Irish.
                                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                                X