Comment

Originally posted by Allestian View Post
      *Pops head in and smiles*

Hiya everyone!!!

*Waves madly*

How are my fellow Zelenka thunkers???

Allestian, wow, you are still here!

*waves wildly back*

This thunker is doing well! We have alot of new people on this thread now, it's cool to see more *thunkers* on Radek's wonderful thread!
      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
        Allestian, wow, you are still here!

*waves wildly back*

This thunker is doing well! We have alot of new people on this thread now, it's cool to see more *thunkers* on Radek's wonderful thread!
        The Cantina recruited me...

WOW!!! Excellent!!!

*Goes into her lurking disguise*

I don't want to scare them off.

Comment

The Cantina recruited me...

LOL. Gotta love the Cantina. I should go over and visit, haven't done that for awhile.

Originally posted by Allestian
          WOW!!! Excellent!!!

*Goes into her lurking disguise*

I don't want to scare them off.

Ahhhhhh, come out of lurking more often.....it's fun! Don't worry, you won't scare anyone off.

How's school going? You are at University now aren't you?

Ohhhh, and you have a birthday coming up this week! I can always remember cause it's right after my daughters!
          sigpic

Comment

A sixth season would have been nice. If they do go this direction I would much rather have seen a 6th season and have the stories drawn out then try to cram it all into a 90 minute movie where we will most likely lose some of the character wonder and development.

I will be happy as long as they keep Radek!
            I agree; I'll take what I can get as long as there's more of our favorite Dr. Z!

Originally posted by humanityspotential View Post
            I really hope they use Zelenka. He's the best of the supporting cast members and such a good contrast for McKay. Found an icon on livejournal, though I'm not sure who made it, which sums it up best.

BTW I fixed up my previous sig attempt
            Cute! I've seen that icon around LJ, and definitely agree with the sentiment!
            Spoiler:
            Cool siggy, but there's still a tiny little typo in "Zelenka"- you forgot the 'n'

Somewhere David mentioned that he's been approached about the movie so hopefully that means they find a place for Zelenka!
            *hopes*

Hiya everyone!!!

*Waves madly*

How are my fellow Zelenka thunkers???

Hey! We've missed you! Glad to see you!

Comment

Originally posted by belevision View Post
              Cute! I've seen that icon around LJ, and definitely agree with the sentiment!
              Cool siggy, but there's still a tiny little typo in "Zelenka"- you forgot the 'n'
              LOL!! How many typos can I make in one little sig? Must be a new record!

All fixed!!

Comment

I just saw it last night. I liked it!
                I was too distracted by the massive plot holes to enjoy it.

Spoiler:
                I mean, why didn't Atlantis just send a nuke through to the Hive? Problem solved.

Secondly, with all the complaining the IOA does about the SGC and America, why would they allow the control chair to be moved off neutral soil onto American soil? WTF?

Thirdly, Atlantis with 3 ZPMs held off an entire Wraith FLEET for eight years if I recall correctly before being sunk beneath the ocean and lasting for another 10,000 years. Yet one superhive can suddenly take them on and win? WTF? After taking on 304s that have beaten Aurora-class cruisers before? WTF?

The episode really needed to be a three-parter.

And Zelenka should have been in that last scene.

Spoiler:
                but I can imagine he's extremely busy getting assessments of whatever damage they might have taken during the re-entry.
                Leading me back to my theory that McKay does the 20% of the work that's flashy and attention-grabbing (the big projects), Zelenka does the 80% of the work that just needs to be done day in and day out, while McKay takes 80% of the credit and the attention. I mean, honestly, how often in the show has Zelenka been working while McKay wasn't and then called McKay away from non-work to work?

See, I've got a point, don't I? ~.^

I remember reading the Five Times one! I liked it, and my favorite was the last of the five pieces although they're all good.
                Well, the fifth was shameless Radek propaganda. ^^;;

Joe Mallozzi on his blog gave a few potiental hints
                Spoiler:
                such as the IOA not wanting to let Atlantis leave Earth and the political ramifications.
                Could also see some interesting Ronon and Teyla stories as Earth is far different then their worlds and cultures.
                Here's hoping they pull a "Written by the Victors," revolt, and set up Atlantis as a city-state in Pegasus.

Originally posted by humanityspotential View Post
                Found an icon on livejournal, though I'm not sure who made it, which sums it up best.
                http://p-userpic.livejournal.com/52318015/2016939
                It was made by Nomadicwriter. She likes to be credited.

Hiya everyone!!!
                Hello!

DragonLady
                "I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then, and I am not saying anything now." -- Delenn

Comment

Originally posted by DragonLadyK View Post
                  I was too distracted by the massive plot holes to enjoy it.

Spoiler:
                  I mean, why didn't Atlantis just send a nuke through to the Hive? Problem solved.

Secondly, with all the complaining the IOA does about the SGC and America, why would they allow the control chair to be moved off neutral soil onto American soil? WTF?

Thirdly, Atlantis with 3 ZPMs held off an entire Wraith FLEET for eight years if I recall correctly before being sunk beneath the ocean and lasting for another 10,000 years. Yet one superhive can suddenly take them on and win? WTF? After taking on 304s that have beaten Aurora-class cruisers before? WTF?

All good points...
                  Spoiler:
                  and upon reflecting on the episode there were certainly some WTF!?s. But I watched it with "OMG this is the last episode (where's Radek) and there won't be any more (where's Radek... ah, there he is) so I'm going to try to enjoy every minute (more Radek pls? thank you)" goggles. Probably on my second watching I'll have more critique, such as "not enough Radek."

I do agree it would have fit much better into a 2-hour episode though. It did feel a bit crammed at times.

Leading me back to my theory that McKay does the 20% of the work that's flashy and attention-grabbing (the big projects), Zelenka does the 80% of the work that just needs to be done day in and day out, while McKay takes 80% of the credit and the attention. I mean, honestly, how often in the show has Zelenka been working while McKay wasn't and then called McKay away from non-work to work?

Most definitely. And while there have been many times where McKay was in a position that Radek was probably just as happy not to be in (most of them off-world), there have been too many times McKay was reluctant to give Radek the credit he deserved.

Well, the fifth was shameless Radek propaganda. ^^;;
                  I always approve of that.

Here's hoping they pull a "Written by the Victors," revolt, and set up Atlantis as a city-state in Pegasus.
                  That sounds interesting! *puts link on "to read" list*

Comment

Originally posted by DragonLadyK
                    Spoiler:
                    Spoiler:
                    Given that it was a superhive, I doubt this would have worked. They said the skin was thicker and our ships were all taken out so we might not have been able to. They just didn't give the show enough time to really explain this.

Spoiler:
                    Spoiler:

Given that they said the chair wasn't in compliance with the Antartic, whatever it's called, and the chair is a weapon and under American control and weapons like that are not allowed at the Antartic station as it is suppose to remain a neutral site, I doubt the IOA would have any power to prevent the Americans from taking the chair and moving it. The IOA is only an advisory group that is trying to become more powerful then they really are and they really only control who is in charge of Atlantis. I'm sure that they would complain about the move but the episode wasn't about the IOA's opinions on the chair.

Spoiler:
                    Spoiler:
                    Atlantis didn't have three ZPM's until John got them from Todd and by then the hive was already on it's way to Earth.

I'm gonna have to watch the ep again.

Definitely!

Spoiler:
                    Yep, he should have been!

That's just normal in almost every workplace. The bosses do less work then the subordinates but get or take all the credit because they have the power to make the decisions. Bosses tend to spend more time networking which is a real bummer for our wonderful Zelenka!
                    Last edited by Rosehawk; 11 January 2009, 05:37 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Given that it was a superhive, I doubt this would have worked. They said the skin was thicker and our ships were all taken out so we might not have been able to. They just didn't give the show enough time to really explain this.
                      Spoiler:
                      I meant sending a nuke through the Stargate from Atlantis instead of a team, like Earth did with Chulak in "There But For the Grace of God." A thick hull doesn't help you when the bomb is inside the ship. ~.^

Spoiler:

Given that they said the chair wasn't in compliance with the Antartic, whatever it's called, and the chair is a weapon and under American control and weapons like that are not allowed at the Antartic station as it is suppose to remain a neutral site, I doubt the IOA would have any power to prevent the Americans from taking the chair and moving it. The IOA is only an advisory group that is trying to become more powerful then they really are and they really only control who is in charge of Atlantis. I'm sure that they would complain about the move but the episode wasn't about the IOA's opinions on the chair.
                      Spoiler:
                      The IOA is an offshoot of the UN, and the UN has jurisdiction over the non-proliferation treaty. I can't imagine the other nations in the UN putting up a fuss about the Ancient control chair that all of them have some say (even if its only by means of blackmail) over being in essentially neutral ground. It undoes all the Russian and Chinese complaining we had to put up with in SG-1, you know?

If, on the other hand, the US used the nonproliferation treaty to move the control chair from the middle of nowhere to the first place anyone who knew about What Really Was Going On would look, well, how stupid of them. ^^

Spoiler:
                      Atlantis didn't have three ZPM's until John got them from Todd and by then the hive was already on it's way to Earth.
                      Spoiler:
                      I was talking about the battle over Earth. There needed to be more superhives if they were going to have Atlantis having a hard time like that. Or they needed to have some alarm scene where "ZOMG, the wormhole drive took all the gas" or some such thing.

All of the plot holes could have been ironed out of the episode was a three-parter. They could have had the Todd/creation of the hive/wormhole drive (if they must) setup in one episode, had more hives and the 304s duking it out in the second episode -- maybe taking out a couple of the hives but still leaving three -- and then had the defense of Earth as the third episode including the Tok'ra and Jaffa ships (if any) or even just Teal'c in his little ha'tak as a matter of honor (because he so would, but this is not the Teal'c-love thread). Then they wouldn't have even needed the wormhole drive because of the time-delay between the episodes AND, more importantly, they would have had time for scenes explaing the Very Good Reason Why Woolsey didn't just chuck a naquadah generator on overload through the gate once he realized it was leading to the hive, a better reason for moving the chair, time for the Odyssey to be present, and that sort of thing.

Plot holes bother me. It's like having a Nancy Drew book on the Biography shelf. It just doesn't fit.

That's just normal in almost every workplace. The bosses do less work then the subordinates but get or take all the credit because they have the power to make the decisions. Bosses tend to spend more time networking which is a real bummer for our wonderful Zelenka!
                      It's normal exacerbated by McKay's issues. I love McKay to death (or, at least I did before S5, now I don't as much) but I would not want to work for him. ^^

Thunking:
                      Spoiler:

DragonLady
                      Last edited by DragonLadyK; 11 January 2009, 08:34 PM.
                      "I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then, and I am not saying anything now." -- Delenn

Comment

All good points...
                        Spoiler:
                        and upon reflecting on the episode there were certainly some WTF!?s. But I watched it with "OMG this is the last episode (where's Radek) and there won't be any more (where's Radek... ah, there he is) so I'm going to try to enjoy every minute (more Radek pls? thank you)" goggles. Probably on my second watching I'll have more critique, such as "not enough Radek."

I do agree it would have fit much better into a 2-hour episode though. It did feel a bit crammed at times.
                        I had my Radek-squee goggles on as well.

Spoiler:
                        Like the fact that Radek got the wormhole drive figured out pretty much as soon as he started working on it without McKay (ie without McKay there to dismiss his ideas completely out of hand). ~.^ And Radek's scene with Woolsey -- we're back to that suddenly-ruthless bit of Radek's. It made me squee.

That being said, I really cannot let go of plot holes that fly in the face of 14 years of established technical canon. *twitch* It's like the Magical Mystery Tornadoes in "Brain Storm." The Hell?

Most definitely. And while there have been many times where McKay was in a position that Radek was probably just as happy not to be in (most of them off-world), there have been too many times McKay was reluctant to give Radek the credit he deserved.
                        It's the old power-behind-the-throne concept. "Sure, loud man, you take all the credit. I'll be sitting back here watching you take a bullet to the brain."

Metaphorically speaking, of course.

That sounds interesting! *puts link on "to read" list*
                        YES. You must. Every SGA fan (and even those who aren't) should read it. And the fanfic people have written about the fanfic.

Oh, and check your PM. The magic fairy has visited.

DragonLady

Comment

Originally posted by veneticuss View Post
                          Complete Translations

NEW

EPISODE 204 - Duet:
                          No jo, tak jo d?cka, do toho jdeme jdeme jdeme, mus?*me tohle dod?lat, poj?te už honem.

So, ok kids, let's do it, go go go, we gotta finish this, c'mon let's start, hurry up.

GW Interview with DN
                          DN:Já tomu teda vubec nerozum?*m, co to tady s t?*m jako mysl?*te, že jako tady budu takhle sedet a jen tak si s váma bavit, no, no tak jo, no tak zkus?*me to.

DN: I don't understand, what do you mean, just like sitting here and chatting with you? So, fine, ok, let's try it.

EPISODE - 38 minutes
                          He said: "Muzes mi dat ty nejnovejsi data, prosim?", "Tak aspon, aspon tri mi dej!!"

At first, it was the "Can you give me the most recent data, please?"
                          "So, give me at least, at least three!!"

EPISODE 116-
                          he said: "Jezisi, ja s tema hercema nemuzu delat!!!"

which means "Oh My God, I cant work with those actors!!!"

Episode 117 - Letter from Pegasus

"Na dne more mame "failsafe" mechanismus. Obrovskou silou vytrhl kotvu mesta ze dna oceanu. My jsme .. Zhrozili jsme .. jsme .. Zhrozili jsme se. Neuveritelny. Co se to deje, a ten hluk. Cele mesto se traslo jako pri zemetreseni. To bylo neco neuveritelnyho. A najednou se hneme.
                          Cele mesto stoupalo, stoupalo nahoru, nahoru k hladine.
                          To, to bylo neco neuveritelnyho. A veze prorazily hladinu a vyjeli jsme nahoru, nahoru. Vody, vlny vodopady. Vsechno tece z tech vejsek a vystrelili jsme nahoru uplne navrsek a najednou Slunce. Slunicko proste proudilo do vsech voken. Dosmrti, dosmrti na to nezapomenu"

On the bottom of the sea we have a failsafe mechanism. With a lot of power it ripped off the town's anchor from the bottom of the ocean. We were .. we were afraid .. were .. were we were afraid. Unbelievable. What has happened, and that noise. Th whole the city was shaking as in an earthquake. That was something unbelievable. And suddenly we were moving. The whole city was rising, rising up, up to the surface. That, that was something unbelievable. And the towers were going through the water surface and we were going up, up. Waters, waves, waterfalls. All the water was falling down from the heights and we were shooting up , absolutely to the surface, and suddenly Sun. Sun was simply shining through all windows. I will rememeber it till my death.

David Nikl's Homepage

No tak tohle jsem netusil...

Najednou spoustu dopisu a emailu. Moc hezkych. Od spoustu lidi. Jejda. Kde se to vzalo?!!

Dekuju za prizen, Cz fandove! Jste skvely! .

Na vase otazky se chystam brzy odpovedet - i o nataceni pristi sezony serialu Stargate:Atlantis - tady ve Vancouveru. Zatim mam prace moc a casu malo. Brzo se ozvu!!

Diky, a drzte se.

-David Nykl

I indeed haven’t expected this

Suddenly, a lot of letters and emails. Very nice letters. From many people. Where did it come from?

Thanks for your support, cz fans! You are great.

I looking forward to answer your questions soon – also about the shooting of S2 of SGA here in Vancouver. Meanwhile I have a lot of work and I’m quite busy. See you soon.

Thanks, and take care.

-David Nykl

He’s speaking the same way he didi in Letters from Pegasus. Same style of expressing himself

Interview with David Nykl:

Original intervie http://fanklub.sg1.cz/zf/zfs_view_qs.php?stat=3

Translation:

1.How did you get to work in Atlantis, why a Czech?

Atlantis began for me last year in spring, when TPTB invited me to an audition for a small role (so called Day Player- day work) for a Russian doctor. I don’t remember anymore how that character was called. I got that role and later on at the lunch BD changed that name to Zelenka, because I’m a Czech and I do speak Czech (at least a little bit ) Agfter lunch we went shooting that scene from 38min. The director whispered me, that they I built up my role and that they liked me. So somehow like that we began. I just want to mention that I learned to speak and to write Czech here in Canada, so forgive my spelling.

2.Do you consult your Czech sentences with TBTP or do they just indicate what you have to say?

Those ones I make up myselves. The scenarist or the director tell me what they need and I just come up with something. They really trust me in that, though I still have to translate it to them.

3.Do you watch Czech hockey? With whom do you argue, whether it is better that the Canadian one?

Ha ha, I love hockey and I really regret, that Canucks aren’t playing this year. This question always persecute me – I just take it as a luck to live in the best hockey countries in the world. The Czechs are playing clever the Canadians more physically. Both is needed. This year I’ve seen Sparta vs. Kladno in Prague.

4.We all hope here that you one day will get a main role in an episode, how do you see it, do you think its possible you’ll get one?

I think, I hope…I suspect that we will live to see it.

5. Who came up with Zelenka´s first name Radek? Were you involved in it?

No, I was´t. Martin Gero came to me on stage and told me I would finally have a first name.I don´t know where or how they got it.

Translated by blekable:
                          6. What meal do you prefer with beer?

With beer? "Moravian bird". Or a good pizza.

7. Do you visit any webpages about Stargate Atlantis or Stargate SG-1? And what about your colleague actors?

Yes, I have a look what´s going on, from time to time...but not everywhere. I feel there are places I don´t even know about...it´s impossible to absorb everything. In fact, my colleagues told me about it.

8. Could you tell the Czech fans, how an ordinary filming day looks like?

We start early in the morning - sometimes at 6:00. I don´t live far from the studio, so I often go by bike. According to the plan, we are shooting from 12 to 16 hours sometimes. When I´m not shooting, I either read or play golf with Rainbow on Gamecube, or whatever. There are many dogs on the stage!

9. Are there any Slovaks, in the Atlantis?

Yes, there are. But I won´t tell you where!

10. Has anyone asked you where in fact the Czech Republic is?

Thank God no. The team on the stage is quite educated.

11. With your experience in SGA, would you take a title role in any sci-fi movie or series?

Absolutely!

12. I am interested in all those technical things, but the most I would like to know, whether those props are functional? Especially tha PDA which is showing everybody in the form of dots. Are the film-makers trying to make the things as functional as possible, or is it all done by computers?

The PDA is functional - the graphics that is there is done in the post-production.
                          Sometimes I have the Flash animation or other programs there.
                          We have several prop men, most of them being SysOp who run everything.

13. Are all the actors in Stargate as cheerful as we can see them in the Lowdowns and other Behind the scenes?

They are cheerful, they really are. However, I haven´t seen any Behind the scenes or lLowdown yet -- although I remember them shooting it last year.

14. Could you tell us something about the season 2 and the role of Zelenka in it?

In the very first episode, I will catch it. Uf. Guess from whom...

Since i am not a native english speaker, i will appreciate any kind of grammar or spelling correction. Thanks
                          These are great, thanks so much! This thread rocks.
                          sigpic

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/brettsuddreth

Comment

Spoiler:
                            I meant sending a nuke through the Stargate from Atlantis instead of a team, like Earth did with Chulak in "There But For the Grace of God." A thick hull doesn't help you when the bomb is inside the ship. ~.^
                            *Dahhh* hits oneself over the head.... I forgot about that. Good point!

Spoiler:
                            I was talking about the battle over Earth. There needed to be more superhives if they were going to have Atlantis having a hard time like that. Or they needed to have some alarm scene where "ZOMG, the wormhole drive took all the gas" or some such thing.
                            I gotcha. I really got to watch the ep again as I was more into the characters on Friday the watching for stuff like this.

Spoiler:
                            All of the plot holes could have been ironed out of the episode was a three-parter.
                            So agree. They put to much into one episode but it's not like they had alot of choice given they cancelled Atlantis and we wouldn't have been able to get a three-parter.

It's normal exacerbated by McKay's issues. I love McKay to death (or, at least I did before S5, now I don't as much) but I would not want to work for him. ^^
                            I like Mckay and the scenes between McKay and Zelenka, definitly agree I would not want to work for him. I've worked for bosses who have had similar personalities and it was not pleasant no matter how talented they were.

Thunking:
                            Spoiler:
                            http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a170/DragonLadyK/Berlinghoff/dtsg1_143.jpg
                            http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1.../dtsg1_149.jpg
                            http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1.../dtsg1_152.jpg

DragonLady
                            Yum. Lovely thoughts to go to sleep on.!
                            sigpic

Comment

How's school going? You are at University now aren't you?

Ohhhh, and you have a birthday coming up this week! I can always remember cause it's right after my daughters!
                              *Pops out of lurking*

I'm working now and about to finish my third university application...

*Heads desk*

Going into nurse training...

Yeah - it's my birthday a week today. I'm going to be 20.

Comment

I think the reason they didn't send...
                                Spoiler:
                                a nuke onto the hive was because Sheppard was on there. "They" didn't know it but"we" did. Can't have the leading man killed now can we? He needs to be around for the movies...or 6th season if that would have happened.

Zelenka was busy working...
                                Spoiler:
                                he was doing his job, he didn't have the time to gaze out on San Francisco with the others.

In my opinion (which doesn't mean much to anyone) Zelenka will find...
                                Spoiler:
                                Atlantis's systems will not work properly in the Milky Way and will have to go back to Pegasus. The IOA will have no reason to keep it on Earth. And Zelenka will save Atlantis...yet again!

Comment

Working...
                                X