No announcement yet.

Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah...seems like I'm finally starting to get a break... *smiles as her clone cuddles her* This clone is GREAT...
    Lt. Liam Mackenzie Harris
    SG2

I'm an aunt again! YEA!!!

Spoiler:

Carpe Cliffum-Seize the Cliff! (copyright me, lol)

Comment

Clones do have their uses

Comment

I'll send this message via e-mail as well (so you have the diacritics as well).
        I am getting ready to publish a dark Zelenka fic. d3u5 gave me some wonderful translations without the diacritics. Should I also be getting the diacritics to make it work for readers??? I am learning some new here. I was getting ready to publish it. I accidently had a misunderstanding about translations once and I don't want to do that again.

Reefgirl, Allestians clone is wonderful. Nice job in finding him

Happy Birthday Allestian!!!

Originally posted by dancer_4_daniel
        Yeah, I'll have to do about 2-3 months of physio before I get my legs back...grrr. At least I'll be able to stand up, though! I think my butt has now become permanently numb from SITTING all the time!
        Just dangle your clone out in front of you, just out of reach and try to chase him. You will be back up to speed in no time.

Yeah...seems like I'm finally starting to get a break...
        And I am assuming no pun was intended.
        sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

LOL. Nah... no pun at all...
          Lt. Liam Mackenzie Harris
          SG2

I'm an aunt again! YEA!!!

Spoiler:

Carpe Cliffum-Seize the Cliff! (copyright me, lol)

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
            I went back to America the following year when I was 21 and the bar we went in only had a beer and wine license and it only takes a couple of beers to get me drunk, so I was in this bar on my 4th Bud, thinking 'I should be under the table by now'

Great Pics
            Bud, no wonder. My least favorite beer.
            sigpic

Comment

Hey Allestian, finally got to watch Jake 2.0 - Middleman.

Not enough David in it. He didn't talk much.

I think the show would have been more fun to watch if it had been more of a cat and mouse game between Jake and David's character. I think it would be great to see David play a character like that, one that builds the intensity towards the end.

David does make a great bad guy. He's got the look, wonderful face expressions or should I say lack of expressions. And you get to see him running away in wonderful form

I actually remembered watching this episode when it first aired but I wasn't a David Nykl fan back then
              Last edited by Rosehawk; 19 January 2007, 07:48 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Czech Bud is great stuff

Comment

Thanks, my clone gave me a little help, they're good like that

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                    I am getting ready to publish a dark Zelenka fic. d3u5 gave me some wonderful translations without the diacritics. Should I also be getting the diacritics to make it work for readers???
                    For people like me it's always nice to see our native language in a story written by a not-Czech author. Just post the things you'd like along with your e-mail adress if you want the diacritics.
                    http://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw.../zelenka25.gif

Comment

Czech Bud is great stuff
                      Not like I can get that here.

Humm, maybe I should take a drive to New Prague here. It is a strong Czech community here in the state. They still follow alot of the traditional Czech customs and foods, etc that they do in Europe. Maybe they have the "real" beer there. Anything HAS to be better then the stuff we get here. I have only had English lager and ale when I was in the UK and I liked that!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                        For people like me it's always nice to see our native language in a story written by a not-Czech author. Just post the things you'd like along with your e-mail adress if you want the diacritics.
                        http://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw.../zelenka25.gif
                        Thanks Pajus. Is it okay if I PM you instead of posting my e-mail? I posted the story on Wraithbait because it has to be NC17. I am trying to get the link to work to post it here. I can go in and add the diacritics once I get them.

It's a dark story but Zelenka ends up being a real hero at the end.
                        sigpic

Comment

Can't wait to read it Rosehawk

Comment

Talking of beer, I';ve been on Aussie Beer all night, that's good stuff too

Comment

Can't wait to read it Rosehawk
                              I guess it hasn't passed the mods yet. I can see it on my edit screen but I can't find where it has actually been published to the site, though a few people have read it. I will post a link in this site once I can.
                              Story brought out a side of me I didn't realize I had in me to write.

Took my exploritory voice class today. Was alot of fun. Think I want to continue at least for personal development. There's this huge part of me I have kept surpressed for so long that I want to let out and have fun with.
                              I did how get paired up with the a$$ of the class. He really was a real a$$ and admited it. Keep trying to tell me how to do my lines instead of concentrating on getting his own right. Teacher was a real professional and handled him pretty well. Teacher laughed at me because everytime I said a line and I didn't like the way I did it I made a funny face.
                              sigpic

Comment

Talking of beer, I';ve been on Aussie Beer all night, that's good stuff too
                                Can you e-mail me some.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X