Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PICSPAM!!! SQUEE!!!

Comment

What Mx is not telling you about her dream is that she got to lift up Shep's shirt to see how he was hurt!!!!!! Almost Shirtless Shep!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps
        Heh. Ich hatte vergessen dass Du in Deutschland wohnst!

Really? That's awesome! Will be so lovely to meet everyone! And I can speak German with Arlessiar and French with Flo!

Oh and, actually, the more champagne the better! I find foreign language skills actually improve when drinking! Something to do with lowered inhibitions and less fear of making a mistake I think!
        Yep, they're definetely getting better with each glass of whiskey

You speak perfect! Why? How do people get the idea to learn German? Not exactly the prettiest language.. Or do you have german relatives?
        *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Oh that was a great picspam Ali!!!

Comment

There are no language barriers here The Whump is universal!

Comment

Originally posted by caty
              I've never really thought of that... But I don't think there's a viable translation for that, either... Whump is only real in English
              I suppose Schadenfreude comes closest in it's literal meaning... though not in the English use of the word (yup, another one we stole from someone else's language! )
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SLC
                What Mx is not telling you about her dream is that she got to lift up Shep's shirt to see how he was hurt!!!!!! Almost Shirtless Shep!!!
                She gets to undress Shep - I get bloody car parks! Excuse me while I sulk!

Comment

Heh. Ich hatte vergessen dass Du in Deutschland wohnst!
                  I second that (whatever it means!! )

Really? That's awesome! Will be so lovely to meet everyone! And I can speak German with Arlessiar and French with Flo!
                  Goody cos although she writes fabulous english she says she is not so good speaking it and is worried she will need some help if everyone babbles on too fast!!!!

Oh and, actually, the more champagne the better! I find foreign language skills actually improve when drinking! Something to do with lowered inhibitions and less fear of making a mistake I think!
                  We better order that tanker now!!!!

Mx
                  sig by SheppyD
                  Whumpydoodlesquee and Frenxies a Speciality

I'm not crazy - I just have another consciousness in my brain
                  So he just looks crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Josie
                    She gets to undress Shep - I get bloody car parks! Excuse me while I sulk!

I know it sucks doesnt it!!!! And he was whumped and collapsed!!! Double drat...why not me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SLC
                      *squeee!* Why can't I have dreams like that?!!!

Originally posted by Caty
                      You speak perfect! Why? How do people get the idea to learn German? Not exactly the prettiest language.. Or do you have german relatives?
                      Really? Don't think so - my German is okay but I don't get to use it enough. I have absolutely no foreign relatives of any description and am the only person in all of my entire family (that i know of) that speaks any foriegn languages (except my Grandad who speaks "ein bischen Deutsch" that he picked up during the war!).

I'm just an utter oddity in my family - I am also the only person in the known hisotry of the family who has gone to University. I just like languages... I have a natural aptitude and I also enjoy them... and I was lucky enough to go to a private high school where they taught German from 2nd year onwards (most state schools in the UK teach french but don't start german lessons until about year 4 or 5 and then only if you choose that option).
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by McKayRocks!
                        I second that (whatever it means!! )
                        It means - I'd forgotten that you live in Germany

Goody cos although she writes fabulous english she says she is not so good speaking it and is worried she will need some help if everyone babbles on too fast!!!!
                        Oh I'll be happy to help translate... and seeing as atm it's just DH and not JF there's three of us to hold up just you so I guess we should probably try and hold Arlessiar up too when she collapses from squeee overdose!

We better order that tanker now!!!!

Mx
                        Make sure that's a tanker ship not just a tanker lorry... don;t forget we've got Linzi with us and you know how much champers that girl can drink!

Hey Josie - I'm with you on the sulking babe! I want Sheppy whumpy dreams dammit!!

P.S. I love ti when this thread is busy and buzzing like this!
                        sigpic

Comment

I've had Shep dreams, though I can only remember one of them clearly, just not whumpy ones. *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by SLC
                            No it was not me (unfortunately!!)

Ok so the dream went like this!!

In my dream I wake up on a Friday morning (today infact) and turn on the tv while I get ready for work! I hear the Atlantis music and think - oh that's funny to have an ep on now!! But as the ep starts I realise it is not one I have seen!!! I believe it is Sateda and I think that Sky has made a terrible boo boo and aired it before Sci fi in USA!! So I desperatly try to get SLC on the phone but everytime I try to get her I can't make the connection!!! I am frantic to try to reach her to tell her to tune into Sky but my phone just won't work!! I have her number in a 'book' in my phone's memory but whenever I try to make it work it just will not dial her number!! By this time I am missing most of the flipping ep in my efforts to get hold of her!! I do realise though that it is not Sateda!! The ep is set in a giant hanger bay although I do not know where it is or what else is happening!! Suddenly Shep doubles over and hugs his tummy/side and I realise he has been injured!! But I missed it cos I was faffing about trying to call SLC. Shep is in a big crowd all watching someone talking so no-one has noticed him grimacing in pain. He sneaks off to one side without attracting attention and goes to the mirror that is in the hanger bay (obviously standard military equipment!) and he lifts up his own shirt to see what the problem is! Of course lovely torso shot here!! And there is a massive bruise that is the sign of a terrible impact that is obviously causing internal bleeding!! Then a certain Rodney McKay finally makes an appearance and says something like "my god Major" (yes he was still a Major but Ronon was in the dream too!) and with that Shep gives one of his pained looks (like the one where he has just got the bug on his neck and he is looking up at the wraith!) and he gives a pitiful cry and he legs go from under him and he collapses to the floor!!!!! Now this last part was not like I was watching it on the telly - I was actually there!!!!!!!!!! And then I flipping well woke up!!!!!!!! So I either need to finish this dream tonight with a recovery scene or one of you fic writers needs to finish it for me!!!!!!!!

Mx
                            sig by SheppyD
                            Whumpydoodlesquee and Frenxies a Speciality

I'm not crazy - I just have another consciousness in my brain
                            So he just looks crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Josie
                              I've had Shep dreams, though I can only remember one of them clearly, just not whumpy ones. *sigh*

I have had dreams with Joe in them but they are either really odd or totally frustrating (or both)

Comment

*squeee!* Why can't I have dreams like that?!!!

Really? Don't think so - my German is okay but I don't get to use it enough. I have absolutely no foreign relatives of any description and am the only person in all of my entire family (that i know of) that speaks any foriegn languages (except my Grandad who speaks "ein bischen Deutsch" that he picked up during the war!).

I'm just an utter oddity in my family - I am also the only person in the known hisotry of the family who has gone to University. I just like languages... I have a natural aptitude and I also enjoy them... and I was lucky enough to go to a private high school where they taught German from 2nd year onwards (most state schools in the UK teach french but don't start german lessons until about year 4 or 5 and then only if you choose that option).
                                My high school used to alternate between teaching French and German each year. So for example I was taught German and the years either side of me French.

I remember next to nothing of it though, all I can really do is count.

Languages weren't really my thing...in fact I'm still trying to work out what my thing is!

Comment

Working...
                                X