John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
    LOL Even if Quoth the Raven does well, I'll always hang out here.
    Glad to hear it. How cool would it be to have a bona fide novelist among us?

Okay a quick fic question, how long do you think is a reasonable time to leave between updates?

Comment

Originally posted by Josie
      *blushing* I have to actually finish the thing – which would be a first for me.

Okay a quick fic question, how long do you think is a reasonable time to leave between updates?
      It depends. If there's no cliffhanger, shoot for a couple of days – much longer, and people might start to lose interest. If you left it with an evil nasty cliffie, though, give 'em a week or so to stew over it.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Okay a quick fic question, how long do you think is a reasonable time to leave between updates?[/QUOTE]

Well as long as it isn't months...
        I've read fics that takes just way to long for update and you just lose intrest..and what is even worse that is the fics that never gets to be completed.. first you get hooked and then it just never gets done...
        sigpic
        Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
          It depends. If there's no cliffhanger, shoot for a couple of days – much longer, and people might start to lose interest. If you left it with an evil nasty cliffie, though, give 'em a week or so to stew over it.
          It's just I have the first chapter of my new story ready to post but haven't got very far with the second chapter mainly due to the fact that after a full days work I find it difficult to get in the mood for writing. I know exactly where I'm going with it and I plan on getting as much writing as possible done tomorrow and Sunday and I'm fairly confident I'll make head way.

I just can't decide whether to post up the first chapter yet...oh and according to Ali it has a "killer cliffhanger".

Comment

I've read fics that takes just way to long for update and you just lose intrest..and what is even worse that is the fics that never gets to be completed.. first you get hooked and then it just never gets done...
            sigpic
            Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Evenin all. Am here. Busy busy day. Looking forward to Sateday. Kinda excited about DH at P2 - cos that wikll be cool - but still desperately want Joe there too. Feeling a bit shredded but mostly okay. Got whiskey.
              sigpic

Comment

I just can't decide whether to post up the first chapter yet...oh and according to Ali it has a "killer cliffhanger".
                Oh well it's no use asking me cos I'm just an impatient bunny and I post stuff up as soon as I've finished it and before I've even started the next chappy!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM

I know what you mean Nina there are several times I've really gotten into a fic and the author has just abandoned them. I never start writing until I have an ending in mind. My last story was pretty much written when I started posting it, although it had massive rewrites along the way, so I knew where I was heading. This new one is all plotted out, I know exactly what's going to happen, so I'm not going to leave people hanging indefinitely.

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps
                    Evenin all. Am here. Busy busy day. Looking forward to Sateday. Kinda excited about DH at P2 - cos that wikll be cool - but still desperately want Joe there too. Feeling a bit shredded but mostly okay. Got whiskey.
                    Hey Ali I wondered where you'd got to.

I know some of you are a tad disappointed Joe wasn't the one confirmed for P2 but you've got to admit meeting DH will be incredibly cool too and it's not too late for Joe to be announced as a guest.

Comment

Hey Ali I wondered where you'd got to.

I know some of you are a tad disappointed Joe wasn't the one confirmed for P2 but you've got to admit meeting DH will be incredibly cool too and it's not too late for Joe to be announced as a guest.
                      I still harbour hope in my heart. And it will be cool to meet DH, he is my 2nd fave after Joe.

Just been sooooooooooo massively busy at work today (as well as continuing to interview candidates and work on campaign etc I have also formatted no less than 7 urgent foreign-language CVs - 6 in French and 1 in German - written two profiles, set up a job board trial and posted two jobs, dealt with two sales calls, left messages - in French - for five prospective candidates, emailed out company profiles to two candidates and sent candidate details to the client. I even did an interview during my lunch hour! )

Never mind Sheppy whumpy - Ali is whumped! And I've had to make sure to bring home everything I need for my trip to France next week - including all the paperwork on the campaign I'm running, all my flight and hotel confirmations, my special mouse pad with wrist rest and a UK keyboard! Cos my typing will be sh*t if I try using a French keyboard!

Oh and I'm gonna have to spend part of tomorrow tidying the damn spare room cos brother-in-law is coming up from Notts to come to the Leeds Shakespeare festival with us and will be staying over. *sigh*

I need another whiskey...
                      sigpic

Comment

Uh...there is no reasonable time That's cause I can't wait patiently for the next update. Seriously, I would be willing to wait a couple of days, but longer than a week plus (excluding unforseen circumstances) is too long and I usually don't bother to continue reading the story.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps
                          I still harbour hope in my heart. And it will be cool to meet DH, he is my 2nd fave after Joe.

Just been sooooooooooo massively busy at work today (as well as continuing to interview candidates and work on campaign etc I have also formatted no less than 7 urgent foreign-language CVs - 6 in French and 1 in German - written two profiles, set up a job board trial and posted two jobs, dealt with two sales calls, left messages - in French - for five prospective candidates, emailed out company profiles to two candidates and sent candidate details to the client. I even did an interview during my lunch hour! )

Never mind Sheppy whumpy - Ali is whumped! And I've had to make sure to bring home everything I need for my trip to France next week - including all the paperwork on the campaign I'm running, all my flight and hotel confirmations, my special mouse pad with wrist rest and a UK keyboard! Cos my typing will be sh*t if I try using a French keyboard!

Oh and I'm gonna have to spend part of tomorrow tidying the damn spare room cos brother-in-law is coming up from Notts to come to the Leeds Shakespeare festival with us and will be staying over. *sigh*

I need another whiskey...

I'm out of breath just reading that lot, I think you deserve the whiskey.

Your job sounds really difficult and you sound terribly clever but then I knew that already. So when do you leave for France?

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek
                            How dare you even ask such a question?? Where's the dedication? The love for SGA? THe loyalty?? (you know I'm kidding right?)

But I understand sometimes we just have to give RL some attention.
                            I'm still thinking about setting my alarm clock

But after I get home from work, I have to hurry to a weeding and after that I'm going to a party, so it'll be a busy day.. Probably will pass out if I stay up that long

Anyway, Joe is not announced for P2,yet? Sorry, guys.. I really hope he will be sooner or later.
                            *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek
                              Uh...there is no reasonable time That's cause I can't wait patiently for the next update. Seriously, I would be willing to wait a couple of days, but longer than a week plus (excluding unforseen circumstances) is too long and I usually don't bother to continue reading the story.
                              Then I guess I'll leave it for now. I'll post it up next weekend maybe.

Comment

...a little random whump!!!

4 and a half hours untill new episodes!!

Comment

Working...
                                X