John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alipeeps
    I still harbour hope in my heart. And it will be cool to meet DH, he is my 2nd fave after Joe.

Just been sooooooooooo massively busy at work today (as well as continuing to interview candidates and work on campaign etc I have also formatted no less than 7 urgent foreign-language CVs - 6 in French and 1 in German - written two profiles, set up a job board trial and posted two jobs, dealt with two sales calls, left messages - in French - for five prospective candidates, emailed out company profiles to two candidates and sent candidate details to the client. I even did an interview during my lunch hour! )

Never mind Sheppy whumpy - Ali is whumped! And I've had to make sure to bring home everything I need for my trip to France next week - including all the paperwork on the campaign I'm running, all my flight and hotel confirmations, my special mouse pad with wrist rest and a UK keyboard! Cos my typing will be sh*t if I try using a French keyboard!

Oh and I'm gonna have to spend part of tomorrow tidying the damn spare room cos brother-in-law is coming up from Notts to come to the Leeds Shakespeare festival with us and will be staying over. *sigh*

I need another whiskey...
    Holy crap Ali! I think I'm jealous of you and your job!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Josie
      So when do you leave for France?
      Sunday. Flight at at 1.30pm. Leeds to Paris then Paris to Strasbourg. And Mike, who I used to work for until he moved to open up the French office, is gonna pick me up from my hotel on Monday morning and drive me to the office which is nice. He's gonna pick me up at 8.30-8.45am! Jeepers! In the Uk I have to be in the office by 8.15am!!

Honestly, those French....
      sigpic

Comment

Then I guess I'll leave it for now. I'll post it up next weekend maybe.
        Next weekend. Maybe???

You like to whump more than just Sheppy huh?
        sigpic

Comment

Sunday. Flight at at 1.30pm. Leeds to Paris then Paris to Strasbourg. And Mike, who I used to work for until he moved to open up the French office, is gonna pick me up from my hotel on Monday morning and drive me to the office which is nice. He's gonna pick me up at 8.30-8.45am! Jeepers! In the Uk I have to be in the office by 8.15am!!

Honestly, those French....
          Yeah, those lazy continentals I'm much happier having to be in work by 8am...oh wait a minute no I'm not.

Comment

Originally posted by jonasgurl1

...a little random whump!!!

4 and a half hours untill new episodes!!
            You know what I don't understand? There aren't any HD episodes available from cousin bit torrent anymore...

Does anybody know what happened to that? They were there last season.
            Did they stop airing them in HDTV? Or is that another channel?

I'm getting confused.
            *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek
              Holy crap Ali! I think I'm jealous of you and your job!
              Believe me - you're not!

Actually it is quite exciting at the moment... I basically work as an administrator but I've been seriously thinking about moving over to consultant work and i discussed it with my MD in my appraisal recently and they're happy for me to give it a go... and I got given this campaign to work on on my Director's behalf while he's on hols and it's my first real go at Consultant work and I'm loving it! Admittedly I'm in a nice situation cos I'm doing consultant work but am not a consultant right now so don;t have sales targets etc but I've really enjoyed the work and got a real buzz from it (tbh I've been sitting there watching the team work and thinking "I could do that better than that!" for a while now! )

And it is kinda exciting to be going over to the French office for a week too - especially after all the work I put in getting the office up and running...

When I discussed the campaign so far with Mike in the French office yesterday he - only slightly jokingly - asked if I want to come work as a consultant for him in the French office! I would actually seriously consider it (I enjoy living abroad) but for the fact that my husband speaks no languages so moving abroad is not really an option for him...

But it's nice to be wanted!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek
                Next weekend. Maybe???

You like to whump more than just Sheppy huh?
                Well I don't want to leave a big gap between updates and with Ali going all cosmopolitan on us it may be a while before she has time to beta the next chapter anyway.

Comment

caty-Isn't that another channel? Idk....Don't ask me, though! I'm horrible at keeping track of those things!!

Comment

Originally posted by jonasgurl1
                    http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n303/madisonnado/john%20whump/stargate4747.jpg
                    ...a little random whump!!!

4 and a half hours untill new episodes!!
                    SQUEE! I'm leaving a dinner early to be home to watch it too!!! SQUEE!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Oooh I just got an email from MGM studios promoting the new ep of SG1!! can this mean they are actually trying to do some *gasp* advertising for the new series to help improve ratings?!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Well I don't want to leave a big gap between updates and with Ali going all cosmopolitan on us it may be a while before she has time to beta the next chapter anyway.
                        Well I'll hopefully be able to do a fair bit of writing and beta-ing next week cos I'm gonna be spending my evenings sitting around alone in my hotel room! I'm taking my sister's laptop with me and can hopefully use wireless internet in the hotel.... but if not I can access emails at work and print stuff out to read through... Ooh or I could take a memory stick and transfer docs from work computer to laptop! Yeah!
                        sigpic

Comment

Oooh I just got an email from MGM studios promoting the new ep of SG1!! can this mean they are actually trying to do some *gasp* advertising for the new series to help improve ratings?!!!
                          Just SG-1? Not Atlantis?

jonasgurl: It might be, I have no idea... Maybe the Canadian one that airs Atlantis?
                          *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

I'm also gonna take my Season 1 boxset with me cos the laptop has a DVD player in it... *aaaaah*will be able to watch eps over and over with no complaints from hubby of "I've already seen this one!"
                            sigpic

Comment

Well it's about freakin' time they do some advertising!!! Maybe they heard all of our pleas?

Comment

Originally posted by caty
                                Just SG-1? Not Atlantis?

jonasgurl: It might be, I have no idea... Maybe the Canadian one that airs Atlantis?
                                Just Sg1 in the email I got but at least it means there is SOME kind of promotional activity going on to try and tell people the show is on the air!! I thknk I get MGM alerts because of signing up for alerts for some movie that was done by MGM (god knows which one) cos I certainly never signed up for alerts for Stargate... so at least they are doing something and sending out promotional stuff to people on their mailing lists etc to try and drum up viewers..

Man I just hope the ratings pick up for Sateda... it sounds so awesome and I'd be gutted if it didn't get a good audience... aside from the worry of low ratings, all the crew and cast etc sound so proud and excited about this ep and I'd feel so bad for them if it didn't get the audience it deserves..
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X