X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
    Too many characters - OT
    Spoiler:
    and the guys are too close in age from the looks of it. TVGuide.com has Alex O'Loughlin as the frontrunner for the central role.
    I'd love for Joe to get something that is his, where he is the lead. (With whump, if possible. ) He deserves a good role where he can shine. He's good enough to carry a show.
    NCIS OT
    Spoiler:
    I would be in heaven in Alex O'Loughlin AND Joe Flanigan are in the same show!!! They are both so whumpable!!!!!!

Originally posted by SanGate View Post
    Well whumpers, I'm having the strangest morning..

It's not even really off topic
    I woke up this morning, having the word rollercoaster in my head.. Thinking why, I remembered.. I had had a Bedford dream..
    OT for strangeness
    Spoiler:
    So we (don't know who 'we' is, just a bunch of us there I guess) got a group photo op with Jason and Joe. But not a normal photo op, no no. I'm a whumper, so it has to be a strange one
    Next moment I find myself in one of those water rollercoasters (English wiki translates it as Log flume attractions, where you sit in artificial logs and go about a rollercoaster track?). So we were in those with Joe and Jason (Joe sat behind me, so I couldn't see him damnit, but I knew he was there ), and the photo op is one of those flash photo's at the end of the track when you go down (splashdown?), and so produces a very nice picture yeah, that was our group picture
    Don't ask me why I dreamt this, I have no idea Joe did look like he had fun, being whumped by water
    That must be it.. my fascination with Wet!Shep

Then I opened a PM with SAF saying that my health history was a 'rollercoaster' Hehe, nice coincidence.
    And while responding to that PM, I was watching MTV, and this video came on. I was looking at it
    Vegas spoilers
    Spoiler:
    It was the same kind of car riding through the Nevada desert. At least, that's what it looked like. It was just a prologue to the music, hadn't heard that yet. But it really had this Vegas-feel to it.
    Then the first tunes start, and it's a new version of Sympathy for the Devil I completely freaked out

Link to that vid

So yeah, strange morning

And it's my one year Gateworld anniversary, maybe it has something to do with it
    Yes that is a strange dream!!!

OT
    Spoiler:
    I hope you feel better. I read your info about your health on the thunk thread. Good luck with dealing with it all.

Congrats on your 1 year anniversary!!!
    sigpic

Comment

Good morning whumpers,

waking up with the thread in mind is the best motivation to do so....at 5...

*yawn*.

Now have to run....

off to catch up.

SanGate.- wierd dream indeed!!! but is always cool to share!!!

have fun all!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
        NCIS OT
        Spoiler:
        I would be in heaven in Alex O'Loughlin AND Joe Flanigan are in the same show!!! They are both so whumpable!!!!!!
        Oh my yes! I loved Moonlight and there was some good whump in there too! I'd be very interested in a show that had Alex and Joe in it!
        sigpic

Comment

^I've been keeping an eye on the pilots being ordered for next year, I'm always interested in what new shows are being made, and this year there really isn't anything that sounds particularly great. Its just your usual run of cop procedurals (yawn!), hospital dramas (double yawn!) and "quirky" legal "dramedies" (Yay! Not) - I'm not sure how half of the ideas pitched have even made it as far as a pilot.

I think its a sad day when the pilot that has most piqued my interest is a Brannon Braga show.

Comment

Steve Austin - sent you a PM, but it's right here, too - in spoilers...

OT for being not tech-savvy - geek-like input/reassurances/p-p-pat on h-head with a soothing 'There, there. Never mind' and/or a virtual Southern Comfort on the rocks greatly appreciated -

Spoiler:
            The fic file is temporarily missing, along with a stack of other fics I've been writing, including my precious 80,000-word novel. We don't know exactly what happened, but basically, I was sooo happy on Friday with my lovely new laptop which is now called Sheppy, btw. Hubby bought a memory stick and started transferring my Word files to it. He got me to delete piles of junk - mostly old homework stuff from the kids, which shouldn't even have been in my account but the little buggers were too lazy to change user - but then when I looked in My Documents - nearly all my good stuff had gone! Hubby did a search, but to no avail. It's there somewhere, in fact your fic comes up in My Recent Documents but I can't access it right now. I know where I'm at with it, so I can still jot down ideas, but - it's so frustrating. We might have to run some diagnostic to find my files like the cops do - nothing is ever missing even if deleted. And my stuff isn't even in the recycle bin! Still, cried my eyes out, but I'm okay today. It's all there somewhere. I'll take it to get a geek to look at it. In fact, my daughter's boyfriend is in computers, so he'll take a look at the w/e. I have my picture book texts as hard copies, and I saved my novel to disk back in June, so - all is not lost. I even printed half of my novel recently but ran out of ink - so, panicking over where the second half might be. Eep! I'm off to compare my recent print-out of the first half of my novel with the disk saved back in June. Just maybe I hadn't touched it since - I was leaving it alone for a few months so I could look at it with a fresh eye. So, that's my little task for today - check hard copy of half a novel, and pray that it and the floppy disk version of over 6 months ago are identical. That and make a list of all my files for the geeks to take a look at. Geek Squad, here I come! Seriously, it felt like getting a new puppy for Xmas only to have it run over by a truck the next day...
            Last edited by Strey; 27 January 2009, 05:22 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SGAFan View Post
              *does a minor happy dance* Ha! I wrestled my vidding software into submission (it didn't want to use HD clips and then ddin't want to publish said clips in a 1080p format.... LOL)

*sits back and feels particularly proud of herself*

anyway... just working on my short list of vids for Creation's contest when I go to the con this spring. going to have to pick one once they're all revamped in HD. Might have to solicit opinions.. *G*
              *puts hand up* I'd be very happy to be in the test audience!

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
              Oh my yes! I loved Moonlight and there was some good whump in there too! I'd be very interested in a show that had Alex and Joe in it!
              Alas, I'd be VERY surprised if they put two guys like that in one show. Not in Hollywood.

Originally posted by pilgrim soul View Post
              ^I've been keeping an eye on the pilots being ordered for next year, I'm always interested in what new shows are being made, and this year there really isn't anything that sounds particularly great. Its just your usual run of cop procedurals (yawn!), hospital dramas (double yawn!) and "quirky" legal "dramedies" (Yay! Not) - I'm not sure how half of the ideas pitched have even made it as far as a pilot.

I think its a sad day when the pilot that has most piqued my interest is a Brannon Braga show.
              It's getting to be very poor pickings.
              Spoiler:
              Sometimes they actually start a new show off well, then they try to get edgy and angsty and aim for the right demographics and, a term comes to mind but this is a PG thread, before the first half of the season has been aired. Where is the good writing these days? No one is willing to let a good show find its legs and audience any more. If it doesn't so a Lost or Heros in the first two weeks, it gets yanked. But, hey, the mindless drivel survives!

Oh, Strey, that sounds horrible. I have two backups now because I'm so paranoid. Good luck!

Comment

Spoiler:
                Sometimes they actually start a new show off well, then they try to get edgy and angsty and aim for the right demographics and, a term comes to mind but this is a PG thread, before the first half of the season has been aired. Where is the good writing these days? No one is willing to let a good show find its legs and audience any more. If it doesn't so a Lost or Heros in the first two weeks, it gets yanked. But, hey, the mindless drivel survives!
                spoilered for off topicness (new show I watched yesterday called Being Human)
                Spoiler:
                I was very surpised by 'Being Human' (BBC3). I heard the premise and saw a trailor and thought it was going to be really, really bad Its about a ghost, a vampire and a warewolf who share a house, see sounds bad So I didn't bother with the original airing, but my mum heard a review of it on the radio saying how good it was (along the lines of, why do we have rubbish like 'Demons' on ITV1 and hidden gems like this on BBC3?). So we watched the repeat and it was great! I was still unsure during the first ten minutes or so, mainly because of the British production values (think Holby City and The Bill ) But by the end I found myself totally engrossed in it and had taken to the characters. Its no SGA or any other American programme tbh, but I was just so surprised that it was good!!

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

gads.. looks like the TV will continue to be off most of the time for the forseeable future.

Spoiler:
                  this pretty much sums up my opinion as well.

Oh, Strey, that sounds horrible. I have two backups now because I'm so paranoid. Good luck!
                  Oh Strey! *HUGS*

I do backups as well quite frequently and get giggled at by some people because I'm so... whats the word? dedicated? to having current backups (yes.. I"m the one that backs up stuff every month or two at the most) I Think its because I work in IT and have seen how... well, frankly devestating it can be to lose everything or at least what you hold dear.

The thought of losing any of my fics written or in WIP just makes me shudder. so *HUGS* to you Strey! I hope you can recover things!!!
                  sigpic
                  My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                    spoilered for off topicness (new show I watched yesterday called Being Human)
                    Spoiler:
                    I was very surpised by 'Being Human' (BBC3). I heard the premise and saw a trailor and thought it was going to be really, really bad Its about a ghost, a vampire and a warewolf who share a house, see sounds bad So I didn't bother with the original airing, but my mum heard a review of it on the radio saying how good it was (along the lines of, why do we have rubbish like 'Demons' on ITV1 and hidden gems like this on BBC3?). So we watched the repeat and it was great! I was still unsure during the first ten minutes or so, mainly because of the British production values (think Holby City and The Bill ) But by the end I found myself totally engrossed in it and had taken to the characters. Its no SGA or any other American programme tbh, but I was just so surprised that it was good!!

Someone else who watched Being Human at last, I loved it. Really loved it. It may not be all US glossy in terms of production values but that's what I like about it, taking the supernatural and putting it in an ordinary mundane setting makes it all the more interesting and at times sinister. I was really impressed with the first ep and can't wait to see the rest of the series. Finally a new British series to get excited about.

Comment

gads.. looks like the TV will continue to be off most of the time for the forseeable future.

this pretty much sums up my opinion as well.

Oh Strey! *HUGS*

I do backups as well quite frequently and get giggled at by some people because I'm so... whats the word? dedicated? to having current backups (yes.. I"m the one that backs up stuff every month or two at the most) I Think its because I work in IT and have seen how... well, frankly devestating it can be to lose everything or at least what you hold dear.

The thought of losing any of my fics written or in WIP just makes me shudder. so *HUGS* to you Strey! I hope you can recover things!!!
                      Thanks for your kind thoughts, SGAFan, Lorr, everyone! I know it's all there somewhere, after all, if the FBI etc can find actual deleted files, even from the recycle bin, then they have to be there somewhere, it's just a matter of time and expense. Grr.
                      *Doesn't panic but does hit the bottle then takes it all out on her quaking Shep clones with a riding crop*
                      sigpic

Comment

My Norton 360 promps me to back up every week I usually end up cancelling it though cos I don't have my memory stick on me

Someone else who watched Being Human at last, I loved it. Really loved it. It may not be all US glossy in terms of production values but that's what I like about it, taking the supernatural and putting it in an ordinary mundane setting makes it all the more interesting and at times sinister. I was really impressed with the first ep and can't wait to see the rest of the series. Finally a new British series to get excited about.
                        I agree, it did really have sinister moments especially...
                        Spoiler:
                        When that girl died, I wasn't expecting the programme to be that... heavy I think what I really liked about it was that it wasn't superficial (which was what I was expecting ), it wasn't just about the hilarity of a ghost doing the hovering She was dealing with her fiance moving on without her The acting was pretty good too

How many eps are there?

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                          My Norton 360 promps me to back up every week I usually end up cancelling it though cos I don't have my memory stick on me

I agree, it did really have sinister moments especially...
                          Spoiler:
                          When that girl died, I wasn't expecting the programme to be that... heavy I think what I really liked about it was that it wasn't superficial (which was what I was expecting ), it wasn't just about the hilarity of a ghost doing the hovering She was dealing with her fiance moving on without her The acting was pretty good too

How many eps are there?

OT for Being Human
                          Spoiler:
                          6 episodes. I thought the cast was on the whole great, the only one I'm not sure about is "Lauren", the girl vampire, I thought she was a little OTT especially when contrasted with the Herrick who is a perfect example of what I meant. He's so ordinary looking, just a tubby middle aged guy, you'd walk past him the street without ever noticing, which just makes what he is all the more sinister and disturbing. And you know I'm a sucker for a good male friendship in a show and I think I'm going to adore Mitchell and George's relationship. Some of their exchanges were brilliant and went from laugh out loud funny to really angsty and touching.

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                            NCIS OT
                            Spoiler:
                            I really think Joe in NCIS would be my dream come true

Yes that is a strange dream!!!
                            I don't usually have them that weird, so I just had to share

OT
                            Spoiler:
                            I hope you feel better. I read your info about your health on the thunk thread. Good luck with dealing with it all.
                            Thanks hun!! It's always good to come here and play ignorant some time, and be able to vent another, and you guys to be here both times

Congrats on your 1 year anniversary!!!
                            Thanks

Originally posted by Steve Austin View Post
                            Good morning whumpers,

waking up with the thread in mind is the best motivation to do so....at 5...

*yawn*.

Now have to run....

off to catch up.

SanGate.- wierd dream indeed!!! but is always cool to share!!!
                            Hi Steve!! Weird indeed..
                            How's medschool going????
                            Sigs by me, CazzBlade, Luciana, csom, scifan, sgmajorshipper, x_stargatergirl_x and LJ's glaringcandle
                            Save Our Seeker!
                            LotS on LJ.

Comment

Originally posted by SanGate View Post
                              I really think Joe in NCIS would be my dream come true
                              *feels left out of the loop cause she´s never seen it *

I don't usually have them that weird, so I just had to share
                              If it´s the dream you told me about:

*off to catch up*

Check out this amazing vid by SGAFan on YouTube Joe IS Rockford!
                              picfic craziness against boredom: Col.Sheppard & the nutty whumpers

Comment

Because I took things OT earlier:

Oxygen-whump:

Drugged-and-tied-up-whump:

Bondage-whump:

Drippy-blood-whump:

Comment

Working...
                                X